Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-27-2004   #1
hook'em07carter
Rookie

Default No Pressure

It will be a LONG season if we cant get any pressure on the oppsing team with our defense...
Old 08-27-2004   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep that's true but keep in mind there are some key guys out. Walker, Payne.

Although I'm not up to snuff on Payne's recovery. He may not be what he was before the injury. I'm not sure how he's doing. I've heard conflicting stories about him.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004   #3
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

dont forget Peek and Babin are out, too

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004   #4
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Yup. Charlie Anderson did a pretty good job on the outside on coverage with the exception being the Anderson TD reception.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

How did Dunta fair in this game. I saw he got beat deep on ESPN. I didn't get to see the game. We had to rush my wife to the hospital. Don't worry everything turned out okay.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

The little bits I saw he had a tough game. It was pretty obvious Plummer was working the rookie over.

They make it so hard on the DB's with that silly no touch rule. I just hate that.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004   #7
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dunta was gettiing picked on, but he made some plays and missed on others. Overall = fair. Glad he is getting the action in preseason.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-28-2004   #8
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I only remeber Plummer challenging Glenn once, and that was on a pass to Lelie but Glenn got in front of it and knocked it away. Dunta had a few passes defensed, but he did get picked on all night. That's to be expected for a rookie CB. It can only help him in his development.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004   #9
dredge
Rookie

I agree. Everytime they throw at him, he is learning from it. The more quality receivers he sees in the preseason, the less likely he will be to bite on the fakes during the season. He seem sot have the right attitude to learn from his mistakes and has been shadowing Aaron Glenn all year. He will make it.
dredge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read