Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-28-2006   #1
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Where does put us?

***PLEASE - NO BUSH, VY COMMENTS/WHINING/COMPLAINING*** Lets talk about what we have.
Since there are so many threads about people jumping off of buildings and what not, I figured I had might as well come up with a real football question. Where does the signing of Mario Williams put us on D?

Willams - Smith - Payne - Weaver

Greenwood - Cowart/Wong - Babin/Peek?

PBuch - Earl - Brown - DRob

Would this mean Babin and/or Peek stay at OLB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #2
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
***PLEASE - NO BUSH, VY COMMENTS/WHINING/COMPLAINING*** Lets talk about what we have.
Since there are so many threads about people jumping off of buildings and what not, I figured I had might as well come up with a real football question. Where does the signing of Mario Williams put us on D?

Or one of them (Babin, Peek) is a third down rusher in place of Weaver. We have some flexibility on D now.

Would Williams be on the right and Weaver on the left?
Old 04-28-2006   #3
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I just releazied 1.) I can't spell, 2.) I screwed up the title, 3.) Just put guys into slots and not their proper side.

I think Williams over the slower RT would be better and Peek/Babin over the LT would be good on passing downs. I could see them flip-flopping, especially if Willams is the next coming of Peppers/LT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Three posts about current Texans. Not bad. How about this?

Our newest DE should help Seth Wand improve at LT if he goes against him in practice.
Old 04-28-2006   #5
Mr.Scarface
Rookie

Rep Power: 1714 Mr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respected

Laughing Stock of the league. Thats where it puts the Texans.
Mr.Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #6
texanfan2100
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD

Neither Babin or Peek can play OLB. I don't think they have the quickness to cover, which they have shown over the past two seasons. One of them moves to right end on passing down, with Williams moving to LE, and Weaver moving to tackle to take Payne's place. I don't know how they're gonna use Travis Johnson.

We still need another corner. Buchannan and Faggins aren't gonna cut it as a second corner.
texanfan2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #7
Sco-tai
Veteran

FINGERS ARE SO CROSSED that we have an agreement with NO to trade our next 5 picks for their #1 this year.

I dunno. I mean. Ugh.

Seriously.

Did...wow. Reggie. Uh. Either we have some HARD CORE inside info on this recent scandle or.....or.....we're WANTING to drive away the fan base.

befuddled.
Sco-tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-28-2006   #8
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Three posts about current Texans. Not bad. How about this?

Our newest DE should help Seth Wand improve at LT if he goes against him in practice.
yes! with this d-line we will know how bad our o-line is before the first game. unlike previous years everyone was equally bad so no one knew we needed help untill it was to late.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read