Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2006   #1
LoneStarState
Veteran
 
LoneStarState's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 46
Posts: 480
Rep Power: 11 LoneStarState is a team player
Default Let's see...

How will Casserly & Co. screw up the rest of the picks? HEY CHARELY... YOU GOTTA SCORE POINTS TO WIN THE GAME!

I'm sure there's a WR from Shiro Tech that could be had for cheap...
__________________
Don't start none, won't be none...
LoneStarState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #2
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sugar Land, Texas
Age: 31
Posts: 5,803
Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

You also have to stop the opposing team from scoring more points than you.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #3
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor
 
SAMURAITEXAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 3,465
Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

It is done and TEXANS picked Williams. Let's hope he will be a stud for us this coming season. I think Cass has nothing to do with this pick. Since Cass is believed to be released by Texans in a few weeks, it is more likely Kubiak's call.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #4
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran
 
Frank_The_Tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 32
Posts: 340
Rep Power: 9 Frank_The_Tank is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN
It is done and TEXANS picked Williams. Let's hope he will be a stud for us this coming season. I think Cass has nothing to do with this pick. Since Cass is believed to be released by Texans in a few weeks, it is more likely Kubiak's call.
There is no way this is a Kubiak pick, plus Charley C. said this was his choice, IMO the choice was Reggie Bush's. He chose not to sign, he wanted QB money, he called Houstons bluff and it bit him in the Butt. Hey lets bring in Mario and get -r -done LOL.
Frank_The_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #5
Vinnie333
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Age: 25
Posts: 37
Rep Power: 0 Vinnie333 is ridin' the pine
Default

The only way the Texans will ever live this one down is if Mario goes to the probowl at least 5 times in his career and posts double-digit sacks his rookie year. Oh, and it wouldn't hurt if Bush ended up being a huge bust in the NFL. That's the only thing that will ease my pain.
Vinnie333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #6
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran
 
Frank_The_Tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 32
Posts: 340
Rep Power: 9 Frank_The_Tank is ridin' the pine
Default

No Mario has to be a pro-bowl DE this year. Number one overall, no waiting to trade down, the guy has to be a Pro-bowl DE this year
Frank_The_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #7
LoneStarState
Veteran
 
LoneStarState's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 46
Posts: 480
Rep Power: 11 LoneStarState is a team player
Default

The last four years, the Texans have chosen defense with the number 1 pick... and what do we got? NOT A DAMN THING!
__________________
Don't start none, won't be none...
LoneStarState is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-28-2006   #8
tsip
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,277
Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarState
The last four years, the Texans have chosen defense with the number 1 pick... and what do we got? NOT A DAMN THING!

...just not having Dom "execute" Capers will make a world of difference!!!
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #9
Trenches
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 171
Rep Power: 9 Trenches is ridin' the pine
Default

at least they did the smart thing.

QB money for a part time RB is crazy. We have a RB. We have a QB. What we dont have is an OL and a pass rush.

have fun with your pipe dreams of building the Indy Colts. Guess what? They let the RB go because the knew he was easily replacable.


The way to win championships is to be able to RUN the football and stop the other team. DEFENSE is the common thread to the majority of NFL champions.

hats off to the front office for making the right pick
Trenches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #10
CITY CAT
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 25
Posts: 177
Rep Power: 0 CITY CAT is ridin' the pine
Default

When it is all said and done, to live up to this pick MW will have to be the best defensive player ever.
CITY CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #11
AustinJB
All Pro
 
AustinJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Austin, Texas
Age: 35
Posts: 592
Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenches
at least they did the smart thing.

QB money for a part time RB is crazy. We have a RB. We have a QB. What we dont have is an OL and a pass rush.

have fun with your pipe dreams of building the Indy Colts. Guess what? They let the RB go because the knew he was easily replacable.


The way to win championships is to be able to RUN the football and stop the other team. DEFENSE is the common thread to the majority of NFL champions.

hats off to the front office for making the right pick
I agree...I LOVE this pick. I think Super Mario is a beast and will wreak havoc for years to come.

I did want VY, but when it became apparent that we weren't going to take him, trade down or Mario was my choice. I'm just sooooo glad we didn't get Bush....just think that he's going to be a bust either by lack of production or injury.....I'd just love to see the faces of all the people that kept telling me things like, "Bush is a Texan, get used to it.." Not until draft day I said. LOL....I love it.

I just can't believe that the Texans FO made a good choice and didn't give in to the Bush hype. Not a sexy pick and has upset a lot of the mainstream fan base that follows hype, but fans who realize how important a player of Williams caliber is are excited. Our DL now has the potential to be GREAT....wow, we'll actually have a pass rush, imagine that!
__________________
You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four.-Dan Birdwell
AustinJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #12
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!
 
swtbound07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Tampa, Florida
Age: 29
Posts: 9,474
Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJB
I agree...I LOVE this pick. I think Super Mario is a beast and will wreak havoc for years to come.

I did want VY, but when it became apparent that we weren't going to take him, trade down or Mario was my choice. I'm just sooooo glad we didn't get Bush....just think that he's going to be a bust either by lack of production or injury.....I'd just love to see the faces of all the people that kept telling me things like, "Bush is a Texan, get used to it.." Not until draft day I said. LOL....I love it.

I just can't believe that the Texans FO made a good choice and didn't give in to the Bush hype. Not a sexy pick and has upset a lot of the mainstream fan base that follows hype, but fans who realize how important a player of Williams caliber is are excited. Our DL now has the potential to be GREAT....wow, we'll actually have a pass rush, imagine that!

Everything you said Im 100 percent with...GO MARIO!
__________________

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #13
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor
 
kiwitexansfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Age: 37
Posts: 9,363
Rep Power: 88375 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

This has to be the most positive thread on Mario I have found.

Let me too say this is the best pick for this team. He gives us the piece that should make our defence work and make all those other 1st round defenders better.

Go Texans!!
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger