Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-28-2006   #1
1-3
Veteran

Default Who cares about a holdout?

Christ you'd think we were going to be launching a Super Bowl run this upcoming season. What is this fascination with having the pick signed before tomorrow? I know it would give them more leverage and worst case they might even hold out into a game or so, but how in the hell could that be the determining factor for the future of our franchise for the next 7 years or so? If Bush held out, I think we would be fine for a couple of weeks with a guy named Domanic Davis at RB. If it costs us a game even, big freaking deal. If this is all a smokescreen, then fine... I'm just nervous that this PR bullcrap of signing a guy early is taking precedent over drafting the best guy possible. This isn't the MLB draft. Reggie is ours once we draft him. Do it.
1-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #2
outofhnd
All Pro

I think its more about focus on the whole draft and not be stuck in a press conference fielding the same quesations just worded differently. I think this is how a draft should be held with everything hush hush..
Old 04-28-2006   #3
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-3
Christ you'd think we were going to be launching a Super Bowl run this upcoming season. What is this fascination with having the pick signed before tomorrow? I know it would give them more leverage and worst case they might even hold out into a game or so, but how in the hell could that be the determining factor for the future of our franchise for the next 7 years or so? If Bush held out, I think we would be fine for a couple of weeks with a guy named Domanic Davis at RB. If it costs us a game even, big freaking deal. If this is all a smokescreen, then fine... I'm just nervous that this PR bullcrap of signing a guy early is taking precedent over drafting the best guy possible. This isn't the MLB draft. Reggie is ours once we draft him. Do it.
A hold out through training camp could mean he doesn't really get going all season and we lost the first year of the contract, that is a lot of money to pay for something that may not be that productive.

On the other side, we could draft Vince and he could take a year off to develop.

One of the reasons to draft Reggie is because of the instant impact. He needs to be at training camp on day one to make the jump from college to pros. Otherwise, we could lose that first season and then there is another excuse for Carr if he doesn't perform well.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #4
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran

I hear that McNair cares about a holdout!
Frank_The_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #5
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Christ people, it's less to do about a "holdout" and more to do about questionable character decisions and a league investigation into extorsion.
Old 04-28-2006   #6
dwilt72
Veteran

Sounds to me like McNair and Uncle Drayton have been talking. It's this cheap attitude that's going to completely screw this team up!
dwilt72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #7
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilt72
Sounds to me like McNair and Uncle Drayton have been talking. It's this cheap attitude that's going to completely screw this team up!
Holy crap you are clueless aren't you?

People who call Drayton "cheap" crack me up.

I heard the Kansas City Royals are looking for some fans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read