Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-28-2006   #1
hellojohnnyboi
Rookie

Exclamation Jammal Lord!

Jammal Lord needs playing time....

enough said
hellojohnnyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #2
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mods.......handle this?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #3
hellojohnnyboi
Rookie

MODS DONT MOVE THIS.....

this will start up a great forum debate concerning the issue of FS position...
Old 04-28-2006   #4
real

I dont know if he needs playing time, but I wouldn't mind seeing him get some quality snaps in pre-season
Old 04-28-2006   #5
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Was this worth a thread though?

But I don't think I"m ready to hand him the STARTING job yet.
Old 04-28-2006   #6
WILLIEG
Veteran

I think he will get a his chance know that we have people that can see talent. With his size and speed i would love to see what could happen if he got some playing time.
WILLIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #7
done88
Veteran

Since when are the mods supposed to decide if a thread is interesting. They are supposed to move if it is off topic. I'd like to see if Lord can play. He has to earn his playing time.
Sponsored links
Old 04-28-2006   #8
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by done88
Since when are the mods supposed to decide if a thread is interesting. They are supposed to move if it is off topic. I'd like to see if Lord can play. He has to earn his playing time.
This is true. If interesting was an issue, about 90% of the Bush/Carr/Young
would have seen instead the constant attempts at merging them.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #9
hellojohnnyboi
Rookie

back to JL

PLAY HIM!
Old 05-08-2006   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojohnnyboi
back to JL

PLAY HIM!
Can you add some reasons why? It would help move the debate that you have started. Thanks.
Old 05-08-2006   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Why play him when we could've drafted Reggie Bush?

Just Kidding.

I think our current talent at this position does warrant him being given more opportunity to play. Man, when I think of guys like Jamal Lord and why they were drafted I get so much more mad at Capers.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #12
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

Maybe JOHN MCCLAIN can run a story on him and his improvement at the FS position (if there is any), and what are the chances of him playing this year with out lack of a real FS. I havent heard anything about Lord since we drafted him
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #13
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93152 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Can someone explain the man love that some have for Jamaal Lord. There seem to be quite a few people pimping him as our new FS and yet I haven't heard anyone make a good case for him.

Can someone put an argument out there for why he is better than CC Brown??

He is an ex-QB right?

Reminds me of Any given sunday when Jamie Foxx's character was moved to Corner because he had quick feet.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Lord was listed as RB in ESPN 2K5
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #15
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

He has more speed and range than CC Brown or Glenn Earl. It is more a question of whether he knows the position mentally.
Old 05-08-2006   #16
real

he should know it by now... But, I don't think thats the concern... I think that he essentially is still a rookie. Maybe kubiak thinks he can develop, maybe he just heard good things about how he hard he goes in practice preparing the "team" for the games...But if Lord never see's one second of playing time, i don't think the texans will hurt too badly
Old 05-08-2006   #17
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe a great athlete but is he ready to come up and tackle NFL RBs and big TEs like Tony G. I think that is why he has not played much at all.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #18
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I think Earl, Brown, Walker, and Michael Stone are all better than Lord but maybe he'll be squized in there and get a little bit of playing time in preseason or the regular season.
Old 05-08-2006   #19
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojohnnyboi
Jammal Lord needs playing time....

enough said
with new coaching staff, I think everyone will get chance in practices and preseason. BUT that said, I think attitude is everything. If he acts like he wants to play and gives 100% and is on ST and shows he is ready to do what it takes, I bet he sees some time in nickel and dime packages

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read