Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-28-2006   #81
OldOilerFan
Rookie

Mario Williams had 10.5 of his 13 sacks in 3 games last year. I would hardly call that consistent or dominant. He wasn't even the ACC Def Player of the Year. Can he end up being great? Sure, anything is possible and he is only 21. He has great upside. But is he worth the #1 pick? Not at all.

These comparisions to Peppers are premature. When you watched Peppers at UNC, he just jumped off the screen. You just knew that he was going to be great. I don't get that feeling with Williams.

As my monikor suggests, I'm an Old Oiler Fan but have been hoping and rooting for the Texans to get it together and field a competitive and fun team to watch. I really can't believe that they are going to pass up on 2 of the most amazing and accomplished college football athletes of the past 20 years for a workout warrior project! Amazing!

Screw it! Go Titans!
OldOilerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #82
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Gator
Welcome Mario -- now lets hope the Mods start locking up some of the other 'Welcome Mario' threads.
Seriously, what a bunch of imitators. Either way, I'm good with it.
Old 04-28-2006   #83
footballguy69
Rookie

Default Mario Williams?

Well, first of all I hope this is just a rumor. Why??? Because there are still hours before the draft and we are already playing our hand? I admit I want Bush more than Williams, but we definitely need a pass rusher also. Our pass rush is pathetic. I have six PSL's and have been trying to sell two and I now have no idea how this will now affect that. Having said that........I have no problem with the choosing of Mario Williams, but I have to ask, did we try to trade down as Mario most likely would have been there at the #4 spot if that is truly what we wanted? I have to really question who is making the ultimate decision....Kubiak, McNair or Casserly? Or is it a combination of all three? (Soon we will probably know) I cannot believe that after the Texans were saying Bush, Bush, then Bush or Mario and now saying Mario on the eve before the draft as we prematurely make an announcement when other offers could be out there for the pick. This makes me really question our draft day logic. Regardless I will still be a diehard Texan fan. If this is true I hope Mario puts a picture of Vince on his locker because he will be chasing him twice a year! :brickwall
footballguy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #84
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Im good with it too
Farough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #85
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

as a dolphins fan i'd rather my defense face bush than williams.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #86
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
Seriously, what a bunch of imitators. Either way, I'm good with it.
Seriously, PM me with the address. Sonuva-B.

I - did - not - see - that - coming.

Oh well, at least we don't need to worry about defense as much. I wonder if this changes pick #33.

At least we finally have someone to tee off on Manning. Welcome!
Old 04-28-2006   #87
MikeMc
All Pro

To jerek and all of the other Mario wanters....we got our guy!!!!! HELL YES!!!

Now let's see what happens with the rest of the draft!
Old 04-28-2006   #88
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMc
To jerek and all of the other Mario wanters....we got our guy!!!!! HELL YES!!!

Now let's see what happens with the rest of the draft!
I'm happy.
Old 04-28-2006   #89
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

everyone needs to get over this...we don't need to be like the phili eagles fans here...the texans went with the guy they feel can help them beat the indy colts best...mario williams is a super beast...if he is everything that julius peppers turned out to be you can't be upset...you never know whats going to happen to a runningback...acl's go out quickly with them
Old 04-28-2006   #90
TexanBorn51
Veteran

Rep Power: 1327 TexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm loving every minute of it all the way to the start of the next exciting Houston Texan seasons. Remember with planning and patience there's always again a draft filled with outstanding talent next and each and every year. Fans, this is just the beginning to an all new winning future era in Texan football. It's not one player it's one team to win. Some of the greatest NFL players have made marks in the game but not necessarily championships.
TexanBorn51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #91
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Thanks to Jerek, who had the foresight to start this thread early in the afternoon.

Welcome to our newest Texan, Mario Williams!

I saw his interview on ESPN, and I am so pumped that he's pumped.

This set of front 7 players is going to enable the Texans' defense to show lots of different looks this year. We'll have offenses on their heels!

(ETA: Thanks for the avatar, Jerek)
Old 04-28-2006   #92
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 115170 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully you can hit some QB's and our next pick can save our QB. Welcome to the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #93
rbmalone
waterboy

Default Its not his fault

Its not his fault, but this is a stupid pick. He is great but Reggie was being compared to Gale. There is not comparison when the talent potential is in question. Listen to the professional analyst.
rbmalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #94
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

i dont think i have to fully say where i welcome mario williams and the texans front office to go
Old 04-28-2006   #95
D-Rob23
Veteran

Definitely the right pick! Get Ready

Old 04-28-2006   #96
MikeMc
All Pro

He..He..He sounds like a big choo-choo train!
Old 04-28-2006   #97
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I'm glad we got Mario. I've been rooting for him to be the pick for sometime, and this will be the first guy I backed for our pick to actually be the Texans pick. That could either be a very good thing or a very bad thing. I might have jinxed Mario, but I'm hoping I haven't. In the last couple weeks I didn't think it was even possible that he'd be our pick, but once they started up negotiations it at least gave him a chance at being the guy. In the end it turns out he will be the pick. Congrats to Mario. I can't wait to see him out on the field.

Side note: Guess this is making Kiper really say, "The Texans what?!?!? That just screwed up my whole dang top ten". Excellent acting by Kiper, or was it a prediction of things to come? Makes you think.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #98
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
I'm fine with that, as long as those "Bush Bowl" fans don't get their way.

I posted this 6 hours ago........... I'm feeling pretty giddy right now, so I thought I'd quote myself.....
Old 04-29-2006   #99
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

It's the next morning, a little over an hour before our selection becomes official, and I'm still feeling good about the decision.

The Texans have gone through so many changes this offseason, that they almost feel like a brand new team.

(P.S. Consolidation is awesome! )
Old 03-08-2008   #100
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Official Welcome Mario Williams Thread

huge mistake....
Maddict5 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read