Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-28-2006   #61
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Thumbs up

Yes, the Texans should take Mario Williams so the Saints can get Reggie Bush.

I support this thread.

Edit:

The mods should make this thread a sticky.
Old 04-28-2006   #62
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

Welcome Mario. If the Texans started the whole Mario thing as a smokescreen, their smokescreen has blinded their own eyes. He better be Manning/ Leinart's worst nightmare.
-Mario #90
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #63
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Geez, does Casserly have to write it on a wall in blood? How much clearer could he have made it? Now that these "official" reports are leaking through the cracks, maybe you'll start to believe?
Old 04-28-2006   #64
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingh99
Reggie Bush is easily 3 times more important to this team than Williams. He's the table setter for Carr and the offense. He's the reason the O-line will be 3000% better. I cannot fathom the Texans screwing this up. It's truly unfathomable.
Please stop drinking the Jonestown Kool-Aid.

The table setter? Far reaching more than a bit. RB doesn't know the blocking schemes for one and I hate to tell you but your precious RB WILL have to block if he's going to make the o-line a bajillion gazillion times better.

DD is a good back and he hasn't made the o-line better? Where is the logic in that statement?

The GAMES are won in the TRENCHES. Championships are WON by DEFENSE.
Old 04-28-2006   #65
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

from kffl.com
Texans | Still willing to deal pick
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:06:40 -0700

According to the NFL Network, Houston Texans owner Bob McNair said the team is willing to trade down from the No. 1 spot in the upcoming NFL Draft if the right offer comes along.

I still believe that we are posturing... too much leaked information... Team McNair has their marketing hat on today.
Old 04-28-2006   #66
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Do do do do de doo do (falsetto) Under Pressure...

If we take Mario, I will be his biggest fan. Because he will need us.

I cannot imagine being the player chosen instead of Vince and Reggie. That would be a ton of pressure on a kid. A big kid, but still basically a kid. And one not used to Vince/Reggie pressure.

The expectations for high round picks is usually kind of silly, but the pressure on Mario would be sick. It would make the pressure on Babin to justify that trade up look like nothing.

Whoever we pick, I will support them and just get ready for the REAL season--some football, baby!
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #67
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

MorKnolle you out there? you've gotta be well its not over yet there big buddy I smell a trade down and you know what that means
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-28-2006   #68
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
If we take Mario, I will be his biggest fan. Because he will need us.

I cannot imagine being the player chosen instead of Vince and Reggie. That would be a ton of pressure on a kid. A big kid, but still basically a kid. And one not used to Vince/Reggie pressure.

The expectations for high round picks is usually kind of silly, but the pressure on Mario would be sick. It would make the pressure on Babin to justify that trade up look like nothing.

Whoever we pick, I will support them and just get ready for the REAL season--some football, baby!
Excellent point. I believe the phrase is "careful what you wish for, you just might get it." In this case, he might not like what the expectations are.
Old 04-28-2006   #69
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think they should offer Bush at least as much as they offer Williams. Not knocking Williams, but I think this is getting rediculous. I think I'm going to TRY to stay off the boards until after the draft. See y'all later.

Notice I spelled y'all right.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #70
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I'd say I told you so, but ...
Old 04-28-2006   #71
outofhnd
All Pro

I am so gonna laugh if mario isnt the pick...
Old 04-28-2006   #72
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
I'd say I told you so, but ...
Hey jerek can I use your avy?
Old 04-28-2006   #73
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

"If" it's Super MArio..I'm fine with that.
I think this is just hype to screw up everyother teams draft. great way to get the #1 pick value back up. folks will scramble.
Old 04-28-2006   #74
outofhnd
All Pro

Doesnt matter to me who we take we have officially thrown a wrench in everyones mock draft and other teams draft plans...

TOmorrow will be great Television...
Old 04-28-2006   #75
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome Super Mario! Can't wait to see you to hit Peyton Manning into the ground! And Vince Young! And Byron Leftwich!
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #76
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

This rules. I can't wait to see him puttin' people on their @.$.$.es. The only other time I broke out the red towel was for the Moulds signing.

I'll go to bed tonight with visions of sack dances in my head...
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #77
The Transporter
Rookie

If this is true, then I have to give to give major props to Mr. McNair and Coach Kubiak. They could have easily give in to the outside pressure and take Vince Young or Reggie Bush. If they truly feel that this is the best decision for the team, then they have my full support.

I'm still for hoping for Reggie Bush
Old 04-28-2006   #78
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Mario - you came outta left field for me, gotta admit. At first it was Reggie after "Bush bowl" then it was Reggie v. Vince after Rose bowl... then onto Reggie v. you after Carr's extension. You came along at the end and overtook the previous "front runners". Congrats and get yourself that Steel blue suit and make us proud to be Texan fans. (Well, already am - but even moreso.)

Welcome to the Bull pen.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #79
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
MorKnolle you out there? you've gotta be well its not over yet there big buddy I smell a trade down and you know what that means
I am definitely smiling about this one, I would love to be all catty with the "I told you so"s but I will try to resist and answer whatever concerns/questions people have about Mario that I might be able to help with. There will be no trade downs, it has always been Mario vs. Bush and they are not going to pass on both of those talents for anyone else. MARIO IS COMING TO HOUSTON!!!! We need Monarch to construct one of his infamous posts but change it to a pro-Mario stance.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #80
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Welcome Mario -- now lets hope the Mods start locking up some of the other 'Welcome Mario' threads.
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read