Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-28-2006   #1
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default Later in the draft!

I would like to see us pick this guy in a later round if possible. Some have mentioned moving up from the 2nd to late 1st. This guy would be a good pickup.

http://www.draftshowcase.com/RichardMarshall.wmv

Watch the presentation to the end and you will see what he does to Bush and Linert. He has excellent hands and was a return man as well. He is an excellent CB who is not afraid to lay a hit or tackle someone. He is an excellent open field tackler. Yep, he's from Carr country, but he held his own against SC.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #2
dwilt72
Veteran

I don't think we would have to move up to get him. Most mock drafts I've seen do not have him in the 1st round.
dwilt72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #3
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
I would like to see us pick this guy in a later round if possible. Some have mentioned moving up from the 2nd to late 1st. This guy would be a good pickup.

http://www.draftshowcase.com/RichardMarshall.wmv

Watch the presentation to the end and you will see what he does to Bush and Linert. He has excellent hands and was a return man as well. He is an excellent CB who is not afraid to lay a hit or tackle someone. He is an excellent open field tackler. Yep, he's from Carr country, but he held his own against SC.
he looks good...
Old 04-28-2006   #4
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I knew Marshall was good the first time I saw him play, as a freshman. He had a 96-yard interception return against Tennessee (our only score). Good speed, great ball instincts and a nasty hitter. You have to be a nasty hitter to play in the secondary for Pat Hill.

Although I wish he would've stayed at school another year I think he'd be a good pickup in the second if Johnathon Joseph is off the board by then. I kinda like the pairing of CBs from a USC that you don't all hate.

Vince Lombardi
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #5
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I see Marshall going in the first alot. If we are going to get him (and id like us to) we would have to take him at #33.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #6
exclude
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
I see Marshall going in the first alot. If we are going to get him (and id like us to) we would have to take him at #33.
I much prefer the Cedric Griffin to this guy.

I think Griffin's a better hitter and much better off the ball defender. He're hoping he's available in the 2nd.
Old 04-29-2006   #7
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Will Marshall be a benefactor of all the film that was watched featuring Linert and Bush in the SC vs FSU game. I'm certain that game was watched over and over again. Marshall had an outstanding game defensing receivers and an excellent open field tackle of Bush.

Clayton is now listing Marshall as a sleeper. We need CB's and if you view the video you will see he's not bad. Texans are rumored to be wanting to move up from the top of the 2nd to a late 1st round position. I'm wondering if they want to take him. Its thought he might go late 1st at this point in time.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2006   #8
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by exclude
I much prefer the Cedric Griffin to this guy.

I think Griffin's a better hitter and much better off the ball defender. He're hoping he's available in the 2nd.
I doubt they take either of them in the 2nd, I could see either of them being picked up in the 3rd if available. I don't see Marshall lasting that long, but I could see Griffin being available, although in my mocks I have him going in the late 2nd. I think Griffin would be a pretty nice fit for our defense and have no problem with us getting him at #65/66.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read