Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-24-2004   #1
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Default Marcus Coleman back in court

from local news today:
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/082...l_coleman.html
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004   #2
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 87056 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan
Unlike other communities, Houston will not have a double standard of justice for its athletes.
Old 08-24-2004   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Can someone paste and copy the article please?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004   #4
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

I do believe that's your boss' way of trying to keep you off the Internet ...
guess it's not working. :hehe:

ABC13 Eyewitness News
(8/24/04 - HOUSTON) ó Houston Texans defensive back Marcus Coleman is back in court, charged with driving with a suspended license.
Coleman was convicted of drunk driving just last month and requested a jail sentence of three days over probation.
Coleman was also ordered to pay a $2,000 fine and lost his driver's license for a year. He was busted this week for reportedly driving.
(Copyright © 2004, KTRK-TV)
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004   #5
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Sassy...I agree with you there!

Driving with a suspended license is an immediate arrest. He must have been driving outside his designated perimeter, or oustide his time limt. This is punishable the same as a DWI-class B Misdeamenor.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Gosh Marcus. Get it together. Take a taxi or hire somebody to drive you around. I hate to hear this.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004   #7
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112890 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

ofcourse he'll get another slap on the wrist....but for those of you interested in the extreme possibility vs. the mild consequences he WILL face...

misdemeanor B...punishible by up to 180 days in jail and a fine not to exceed $2,000.

and remember its only a B if its his first d.w.l.s.

this is one of those charges much like a dwi that can enhance and become a misdemeanor A. (up to a year jail time and a fine not to exceed $4,000.)
Old 08-25-2004   #8
DFAN
Veteran

He needs to keep his drunk butt off of the streets. I thought the Texans ran a class organizaton and would not put up with this kind of behavior.
DFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004   #9
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFAN
He needs to keep his drunk butt off of the streets. I thought the Texans ran a class organizaton and would not put up with this kind of behavior.
You know you are right about Coleman, but as for the rest of your comments. That is not the type of arguement a Crackwagon fan should want to get into.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004   #10
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man
You know you are right about Coleman, but as for the rest of your comments. That is not the type of arguement a Crackwagon fan should want to get into.

Why not? All I hear is comments about the Cowboys problems and how the Texans would never put up with that kink of behavior.

I hear all the time ya haven't been around long enough to win 5 SB's so ya don't want to hear about our 5 SB's. Ya haven't been around long enough to have the problems either.

We won 3 SB's in 4 year with some crackheads. There is not a team in the NFL that would have cut them players knowing they gave them a chance to win a ring.

Plain and simple. If you are a playmaker you are virtually untouchable.
Old 08-25-2004   #11
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFAN
Why not? All I hear is comments about the Cowboys problems and how the Texans would never put up with that kink of behavior.

I hear all the time ya haven't been around long enough to win 5 SB's so ya don't want to hear about our 5 SB's. Ya haven't been around long enough to have the problems either.

We won 3 SB's in 4 year with some crackheads. There is not a team in the NFL that would have cut them players knowing they gave them a chance to win a ring.

Plain and simple. If you are a playmaker you are virtually untouchable.
The scarey thing is that I agree with you on many of your points. It is ashame that if you are a playmaker you get kept. If Quincey had any legit talent he would still be wearing the tarnished star.

The cowgirls have won 5 SB, and you can't take it away from them. But it is a shame for players like Troy A. and Jay N. to have their rings tarnished by having so many drugies and thugs on their team. The thing is that you can win without having players like that. San Antonio did it twice. I know that it is a different sport, but it can be done. NFL teams may have to just work a little harder at it.

As for the Texans, I going to wait and see how they handle it. I may be in the minority and take some shots for it. But I would like to see them let Coleman go, McCree did a good job last year. And if we want to be the great organization us fans think we should be is, lets cut him loose and play with the type of players we want this organization to have.
Old 08-25-2004   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Sad to see and sad to say but drugs and alcohol abuse are a part of the American culture including sports.

The Cowboys certainly had players on their teams that were using drugs but have you looked at the NFL as a WHOLE in the last few years?

Players murdering, on trial for accessory to murder, beating women, drug trafficking (sp?), and various other felony offenses.

I don't see the Texans letting Coleman go.
Old 08-25-2004   #13
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Sad to see and sad to say but drugs and alcohol abuse are a part of the American culture including sports.

The Cowboys certainly had players on their teams that were using drugs but have you looked at the NFL as a WHOLE in the last few years?

Players murdering, on trial for accessory to murder, beating women, drug trafficking (sp?), and various other felony offenses.

I don't see the Texans letting Coleman go.
When do we put our foot down and let him go? When he kills someone while driving drunk like Little from St Louis. (How do you cheer for that guy if your a Rams fan?)
Old 08-25-2004   #14
WWJD
Hall of Fame

I'm not disagreeing with you at all V-Man. I think something should be done.

But as an organization I don't think that the Texans will release him mainly because he's one of their defensive stars. It's maybe not right but that's the way that most teams conduct their business. Jamal Lewis is going on trial for some felony drug charges and all the team will say is that he will play every Sunday around his trial. So are they worried about anything other than the team? Nope. I'm just stating my opinion on them keeping him; I've read no comments from any higher ups in the organization or even from Marcus himself.

They could cut him tomorrow and then I can post that I was wrong. But I think the odds are he stays, he goes thru whatever he goes thru with the courts and deals with that. Most posts I've read feel that he will get some probation or some light slap on the wrist. I don't myself know the sentence he could receive if found guilty.

We turn a blind eye to many wrongs in this country. Athletes just happen to be in the spotlight.
Old 08-25-2004   #15
Doug
All Pro

Am I missing something? I know he got in trouble for the drunk driving and got his license revoked for a year as one of the disciplinary actions taken against him. But a couple of you are talking like he got busted for drunken driving again. So what you're telling me is that none of you have ever driven without a license or even a suspended one? I mean he's wrong for breaking the law but you're talking about letting him go over it. Come on.......
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Is anyone turning a blind eye on this? Coleman is in the eye solely because he is an athlete in the public eye. Other than those who drive for a living, employers and other people have no idea about who are the vast majority of people that get a DUI--no public ridicule, scorn, condemnation, etc., no loss or threatened loss of their employment--they do their time or probation and move on.
Old 08-25-2004   #17
WWJD
Hall of Fame

I didn't say he got arrested for drunk driving.

However he just got out of jail didn't he for the 3 days or whatever it was and he is under the punishment/probation for that. It was just a few weeks ago.

It's not a murder he committed or anything nearly so serious but it would seem to indicate that Marcus maybe doesn't care much that the court suspended his license because he was caught driving.

I guess my point is he's a millionaire, he can at the very least afford a cab, afford to hire a driver,get a pal to take him around and pay them, he can do what the court ordered and not drive.

V-Man's point, unless I'm missing something, is that his behavior is detrimental to the team image the Texans have fostered from Day 1 and he should be cut for the arrests.

My point is the Texans won't cut him because he's am important cog to their D and they'll let whatever happen happen.

I think he needs to get it together, he needs to mind his punishment and follow it and I'm sorry he's having trouble.
Old 08-25-2004   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

With all of this going on and Mcree waiting for his shot again, you may see the Texans not make an effort to resign him unless the position switch is remarkable.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004   #19
Dilbert R.
Rookie

"He needs to keep his drunk butt off of the street.." - DFAN

Who is this guy? A Dallas fan knocking Coleman for this? Give me a break! He wasn't drunk this time, and paid his debt last time - even serving time in jail. I want Coleman to walk the line too - but lets not start making comparisons to Little for the Rams as if this is what Coleman has done. He was wrong - paid for it. This time it is a suspended license violation. Hardly warrants a comparison to someone who killed someone.
Now what is wrong with Coleman? Is he having personal trouble, or is this line of thing something he's done before? So far I am looking for him to be a great Safety and am glad for the move - but not if he is going to start down a road of causing such problems for himself, and be a distraction for the team.
Dilbert R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004   #20
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Is anyone turning a blind eye on this? Coleman is in the eye solely because he is an athlete in the public eye. Other than those who drive for a living, employers and other people have no idea about who are the vast majority of people that get a DUI--no public ridicule, scorn, condemnation, etc., no loss or threatened loss of their employment--they do their time or probation and move on.
That's not true. I know my line of work will not allow dwi's. My job may not fire me for it but if I got one and was laid off or fire, most companies would not hire me.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read