Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-28-2006   #1
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default Did the Texans take a foul tip!

The negoiations on Reggie Bush have been going back and forth like a yo yo!
With the news of Reggie's parents home the Texans gained an advantage and have been playing hardball with it. Now comes the revelation that Bush was threaten(blackmail) by the home owner. The top teams have been notified. From the appearence of things Bush may be free and clear of this matter. Bush has signed with Addidis so perhaps he no longer cares to play for the Texans at their price.

Another factor is he may want to play for Norm Chow again. This draft could get real crazy in a hurry. I believe McNair is under pressure by the owners to keep the 1st pick price down. Therefore, based on the fact that negoiations on Williams have begun in earnest, I believe Williams will be the Texan's pick.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #2
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Mario doesn't want to play here. He also is asking for more than Alex Smith did last year as well.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
I believe McNair is under pressure by the owners to keep the 1st pick price down. Therefore, based on the fact that negoiations on Williams have begun in earnest, I believe Williams will be the Texan's pick.

Screw those other owners.......... The idea is to put our team in the best possible position to win.....

If that means Reggie Bush @ $30 million, then that's what McNair is going to do. Just because we are the Houston Texans, doesn't mean we can be the leagues whipping boy..... they can try that crap with next years #1.
Old 04-28-2006   #4
HeroTime
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
The negoiations on Reggie Bush have been going back and forth like a yo yo!
With the news of Reggie's parents home the Texans gained an advantage and have been playing hardball with it. Now comes the revelation that Bush was threaten(blackmail) by the home owner. The top teams have been notified. From the appearence of things Bush may be free and clear of this matter. Bush has signed with Addidis so perhaps he no longer cares to play for the Texans at their price.

Another factor is he may want to play for Norm Chow again. This draft could get real crazy in a hurry. I believe McNair is under pressure by the owners to keep the 1st pick price down. Therefore, based on the fact that negoiations on Williams have begun in earnest, I believe Williams will be the Texan's pick.
Mario is said to want the same money that Bush was getting.
HeroTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #5
LongBignasty1
Veteran

VY is looking real good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2006   #6
LoneStarState
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBignasty1
Old 04-28-2006   #7
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBignasty1
Does it ever end?
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-28-2006   #8
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags
Does it ever end?
It will, in about 2 days.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #9
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst
It will, in about 2 days.
No, because then the "I'm going to be a Titans fan from now on" BS will start. :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

VY would ask for more money than either of them.
Old 04-28-2006   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17
VY would ask for more money than either of them.
Not a VY pusher, but are we really sure about that? He wants to be in Houston bad and he'd never get THAT much otherwise anyway. Maybe we could trade Carr for WHATEVER sometime in the next year and it would be like a long, slowly evolving TRADE DOWN.

Heck, nevermind. It's probably still a bad idea.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #12
TreWardTxn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroTime
Mario is said to want the same money that Bush was getting.
The DE position is worth big money; I think it's the third highest paid positon: QB-LT-DE...
TreWardTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #13
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Here is further confirmation of what I have been saying.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=2424706

If Bush thinks we're tough wait till he tries to deal with Adams or the NO owner. He really has a lot to loose, but it looks like pride is going to get in the way of his contract. I think they are seriously looking at Williams and might even switch again to someone like D'brick or Davis. Taking Williams actually disrupts the whole top of the draft picture. Its going to be interesting. I keeps saying McNair and money are going to be an issue and they have been so far.
Old 04-28-2006   #14
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

If Williams want to much, then look for a trade for whatever we can get. You may not like that, but I think that is becoming a real senario at this point in time. Tomorrow is going to be interesting. Both sides are digging their heels in. Its going to become a matter of who flinches first.
Old 04-28-2006   #15
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

What I find less than amusing is his family is mad at our decision to discuss terms with Williams. Wasn't it his family who rented a house? They are making very bad moves for Bush. They have allowed Houston to play hard ball with their actions. I would say forget Bush now he will not enjoy playing in Houston.
Old 04-28-2006   #16
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I am of the ilk that we are trading down if there is no contract in place by midnight tonight with either Bush or Williams. Adidas and Segal should be on the phone with the Jets and Texans as we speak.
Old 04-28-2006   #17
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Agreed. I think we go down, we only go to #4 and take multiple #1's which would really provide a lot of young depth on our roster. It is incredibly unlikely, aka impossible, to right a 2-14 ship in one off season, but the sooner we get the talent working together, the faster we will be in reaching the playoffs.

I can't wait to chant 'We are #4!'
kcwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #18
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Keep Hope alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I am of the ilk that we are trading down if there is no contract in place by midnight tonight with either Bush or Williams. Adidas and Segal should be on the phone with the Jets and Texans as we speak.
Well you just made my morning. If the VY guys can do it so can I . Draft brick !!!
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #19
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

I hope they take williams!
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #20
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Bush and the Texans are not on good terms , that hurts our trade leverage . I'm not sure a trade has been seriously negotiated anyhow .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read