Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-27-2006   #1
jjcorvallis
Rookie

Angry What is wrong with you Anti-VY people?

I have lost respect for many on these boards.

I'm a VY guy, but I have my reasons which have been stated too many times in the past 4 months. But I recognize that Bush is an incredible talent as well. Thats is where my problem lies. IMO the anti-VY crowd has been immature and nasty in nature overall.

Why call the guy names? Why insult him? One of the greatest college players of all time is from our city, and this is how you treat him?

I wonder how many of the people on this board bashing VY are native Houstonians like myself. To me its pretty freaking sad. Some people have no class.
jjcorvallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Here, here!
Old 04-27-2006   #3
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Good post!
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006   #4
horn_omatic
Rookie

I am with you, i think it's comical the way they talk about Vince. I really wish he would have stayed another year, cause there wouldn't be a team in the country that could compete with the horns next year . I think they still might win it again with one or both freshman QB's. As a life long orange blood i am used to 98% of the nation trying to badmouth anything about Texas. Too bad no one could beat Texas tee hee! I love it when peolple call the offense he ran simple. If it's so simple how come no one could stop it, or how come Texas led the nation in scoring. If Vince is just a runner, how come he had the best passer rating in the NCAA last year?!
Old 04-27-2006   #5
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcorvallis

I'm a VY guy, but I have my reasons which have been stated too many times in the past 4 months. But I recognize that Bush is an incredible talent as well. Thats is where my problem lies. IMO the anti-VY crowd has been immature and nasty in nature overall.

Why call the guy names? Why insult him? One of the greatest college players of all time is from our city, and this is how you treat him?

I wonder how many of the people on this board bashing VY are native Houstonians like myself. To me its pretty freaking sad. Some people have no class.
Football fans can be ruthless in their criticisms. Everyone gets bashed on these boards. Plenty of Anti-Reggie threads around also.

There are no sacred cows.

Many Houstonians want Vince Young as a Texan and as it becomes clearer that we're not drafting him you're bound to get the "I told you so's" right when you need to hear them the least.

Pay them no heed.

Vince Lombardi
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006   #6
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't get it. I've seen just as much Bush bashing on this board as I have Vince bashing. All sports (or I should say, all subjects of interest that involve more than one Human) see this type of behavior.

I have never cast a stone at Young, but I have responded to Bush bashings. I understand the sentiment that "he is from here, so he's special". That's fine. No one can say that your opinion is wrong, and I would never even attempt to state that it was. My arguments have always been highly factual.

BTW.... Were you looking at the board after the Rose Bowl? Bush was being bashed as if he were a red-headed step child. Now that Bush is the almost certain pick.... it makes sense that some Bush homers would bash Vince fans for even believing he could be picked.

I like your post and I envy your enthusiasm and support of Vince. But I must say... I am not a true Houstonian. But i've spent 10 years of my 18 year life here. I love the Texans and I only want to look at what is best for our team. Do I personally think Vince or Reggie are what the Texans "need"? No. But they are media-mongers... we can't pass up this one.
Old 04-27-2006   #7
BREAZE
Veteran

There is a fear by many I think that at some point this could all backfire on us. Rather than face this fear some from both sides lash out whether they want to admit it or not.

I'm a VY guy and pretty much had a gut feeling early on that he would end up a Titan. Joining the enemy and having to face him twice seemed only fitting...rivalry renewed! However, I'm not narrow minded enough to not believe in this team and in Kubiak. I know Bush is the right guy given what we have in front of us now. We have some exciting times ahead and will have a blast watching Bush do his thing. Most VY fans are not opposed to Bush IMO.

When I see the #1 pick on the podium Sat. I won't be seeing Bush, I will be seeing Carr. I think he will dramatically improve, but what's in his chest and between his ears has not yet been determined...hence the fear.

In 3-5 years we will know if we made the right decision and I'm praying my gut is wrong this time...
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-27-2006   #8
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

I'm a Bush supporter, but I still think VY would've worthy of the #1 pick and is the best QB in the draft. As far as the lack of class in criticisms, it goes both ways, big surprise. There's posters who'll say anything to dog Bush, just like there are posters who'll say anything to dog Young. Also, call it a lack of homerism or whatever you like, but even being a native Houstonian I'm only slightly interested in the idea of having a home town boy playing QB for his hometown team. The NFL's rosters are so transient these days that very rarely does a player get to play out his career with the team he grew up rooting for anyways. It'd be "cool", but I'm much more interested in seeing the Texans put a winning franchise on the field than I am seeing us pass up players we think can help us more in favor of someone who grew up near by. I'm also an Aggie, but I doubt that has much to do with it. My friends at UT think less of Young than I do, go figure.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006   #9
texanfan2100
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcorvallis

I don't think there is an huge "anti-VY crowd." I am a longhorn fan, and hope that Vince is successful wherever he goes. God I hope it's not Tennessee. Many times people who don't think Vince is a fit with the Texans are perceived as not liking Vince Young. That's just not true.

The biggest problem I have is with a majority of VY supporters. At some point, you get so sick of hearing the same things over and over again. I personally cannot stand some of the VY supporters for this very reason. I think that, unfourtunately, this comes off as not liking Vince. It's not Vince. It's not the people who want Vince. It's the people who want Vince, and who degrade you for not wanting Vince. And then proceed to tell you the same thing 50 different times.:brickwall
texanfan2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006   #10
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have already broken down the VY fans. Here are the 5 possible reasons that anyone would have wanted VY to be a Texan next year:

1) Carr hater
2) UT homer
3) USC basher
4) Mike Vick enthusiast
5) The "I just don't like Bush" group

If there are any others please make me aware of it.
Old 04-28-2006   #11
BREAZE
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13
I have already broken down the VY fans. Here are the 5 possible reasons that anyone would have wanted VY to be a Texan next year:

1) Carr hater
2) UT homer
3) USC basher
4) Mike Vick enthusiast

I think there are true Carr haters and there are those that have unanswered questions related to Carr. There are unanswered question related to VY as well, but VY hasn't spent the last 4 years on his back.

1. I'm a believer in Carr to a certain extent and feel he has tremendous upside. I question how far he can take us and where his head is. He will have to learn the postion all over again under a new system...hence the great debate.

2. I'm a Kubiak fan and can't stand A&M.

3. I don't catch enough USC games to care.

4. Vick is a RB playing QB.

5. I think Bush is amazing.

I'm a VY fan...
Old 04-28-2006   #12
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

1) Carr hater
2) UT homer
3) USC basher
4) Mike Vick enthusiast

This is the mindset that I find most disturbing. I have liked Vince for a while, but I also like Reggie Bush. I like Mario Williams, Ferguson, Cutler, etc ...

I don't understand why it has to be one or the other.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #13
non natural texan
Rookie

Oh no, the VY fans haven't said anything at all wrong... except threatening to quit supporting the Texans.

Nothing wrong with that.
non natural texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #14
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Personally I could give to craps about VY. I'm not a Texas supporter and I'm not a former HISD student. I'm from Katy (a team who beat VY's Madison 2 out of his 3 years) and really...if a guy was from Houston, that's great, but when he's playing against my hometeam (i.e. Texans) I hope he fails miserably. If he goes to the Titans or whatever I wish him well, but whenever he plays the deep steel blue and battle red, I hope to see his *** on the turf all day long!
Old 04-28-2006   #15
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

1) Carr hater
2) UT homer
3) USC basher
4) Mike Vick enthusiast

this is what annoys me. the "anti-VY" crowd isnt bashing vince, they're bashing his supporters. from what i've seen, almost all of the people talking trash & insulting posters is coming from the bush side. every thread about vince has several posts insulting the fans, not vince himself. i'm not looking forward to being here after the draft because it's going to be loaded with "nya nya our guy got drafted" and "i'll find a new team". please prove me wrong.

for the record, i dont want us to draft either one. every player & prospect is going to be ridiculed, it's part of the job, but what i hoped to have here was more respect for the fans of each player. root against a guy like bradk is if you must, but we're all on the same team on this site.
Old 04-28-2006   #16
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2100
The biggest problem I have is with a majority of VY supporters. At some point, you get so sick of hearing the same things over and over again. I personally cannot stand some of the VY supporters for this very reason. I think that, unfourtunately, this comes off as not liking Vince. It's not Vince. It's not the people who want Vince. It's the people who want Vince, and who degrade you for not wanting Vince. And then proceed to tell you the same thing 50 different times.:brickwall
Oh my God! Give this man a ceegar!

It's worth repeating. The problem is the VY supporters, not Vince himself. They are the ones who brought the hatred. Vince himself is innocent.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #17
LongBignasty1
Veteran

I have man-love for Vince Young but i do not find the need to dog RB supporter's nor Reggie himself. I don't have to tell you that VY is great, you all know he beat the dynasty on the greatest stage in all of college football. (fact's are fact's)
I also know that all of y'all are aware of the awesomeness RB brings to the table (and if one more person say's he can return kicks, i might lose it, 30million dollar kick returner when you have Mathis?) I support my Team, the Texans, and i respect their decision making process and the people responsible(minus Casserly). No matter which way we draft we will not go to the playoff's until next year. that's my 2 cents.
Old 04-28-2006   #18
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

As much as I like the Texans taking Bush, I fear for the upcoming seasons when we have to face VY twice a year. He could be the missing component the Titans need. In the next few years, we could see a shift from Jax vs. Indy for AFC South champions to Houston vs. Tenn.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #19
BREAZE
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso
As much as I like the Texans taking Bush, I fear for the upcoming seasons when we have to face VY twice a year. He could be the missing component the Titans need. In the next few years, we could see a shift from Jax vs. Indy for AFC South champions to Houston vs. Tenn.
Yep, and its this fear that has caused this fued. The good news is those narrow minded annoying VY supporters will be off this board after the draft...they are not Texans fans. The bad news is they will be back when Tenn. vs Hou. Episode 1 begins. As long as we own Tenn. it will stay away. If VY goes on to win a Superbowl or beats us time and time again its going to be 10 times worse than it is now...that's the risk causing the fear which is causing the fued.
Old 04-28-2006   #20
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What is wrong with you Anti-VY people?
Their could easily be a thread titled, "What is wrong with you Anti-Reggie people?"

There has been an equal amount of bashing on this board for both of these players.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read