Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-27-2006   #1
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns
Default Robaire Smith on SR610 now

Says that he is excited about the change to the 4-3 since it is "What he knows & Where he came from." Also says thet the Defensive Front is going to be more aggressive. Sounds good.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006   #2
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Yeah it does now all they need to do is add Mario or a better pass rusher and we will be looking nice.
Old 04-27-2006   #3
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Aggression!

Sounds like all we need on the front 4, some mean, mad, football players!
Old 04-27-2006   #4
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think if the Texans draft Reggie Bush then they will target Tamba Hali or Darrell Tapp.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006   #5
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]]
Kiwinuka will be there at 33, I would take him easy. Then trade babs or peek.
Yeah...but I heard that a lot of people have been down on Kiwinuka. Isn't he the guy out of BC? At least that's what people on ESPN were saying yesterday. Something about his work-ethic. Along the same lines as LenDale White, minus the ankle injury.
Old 04-27-2006   #6
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

I really am kind of hoping we take Mario Williams because our offense is already stout...Our defense we need to perfect.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006   #7
TexansJunkE
Veteran

I kinda like the idea of taking d. Tapp in the 3rd. I think he will be a big SLEEPER!
TexansJunkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-27-2006   #8
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags
Says that he is excited about the change to the 4-3 since it is "What he knows & Where he came from." Also says thet the Defensive Front is going to be more aggressive. Sounds good.

I've heard that from some of our other Dline guys too. Liking the aggression. Liking the familiarity with the system. The ability to use their athleticism instead of thinking too much.

I also understand that our defensive coordinator has also done brung out his hardhat. (Is there a hardhat emoticon?).
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006   #9
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
Yeah...but I heard that a lot of people have been down on Kiwinuka. Isn't he the guy out of BC? At least that's what people on ESPN were saying yesterday. Something about his work-ethic. Along the same lines as LenDale White, minus the ankle injury.
My Kiwi concerns are one-trick-ponyism. He got SCHOOLED at the Senior Bowl. Absolutely shut down.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg01
My Kiwi concerns are one-trick-ponyism. He got SCHOOLED at the Senior Bowl. Absolutely shut down.
By some of the best T's available. It's the games, not the workouts that matter.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #11
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

I think DTs are the hardest players to rate/judge whether or not they are going to prosper in the NFL. Of course, you can say that about any player. I think that the 4-3 with our players is going to be fun this year, and TJ may suprise us with his play.
Old 04-28-2006   #12
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
I also understand that our defensive coordinator has also done brung out his hardhat. (Is there a hardhat emoticon?).
Smith (Richard not Robaire) was brought up in the Glanville school of goofball gimmickery. I don't know if you were around in the late 80's but if you went to Oilers games back then and noticed our special teams guys strutting around on the field before the game with military helmets and fatigues, that was courtesy of our new DC. It was cute for about one game but in the long run it was stupid and all it did was piss off and fire up the opponent.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #13
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Smith was brought up in the Glanville school of goofball gimmickery. I don't know if you were around in the late 80's but if you went to Oilers games back then and noticed our special teams guys strutting around on the field before the game with military helmets and fatigues, that was courtesy of our new DC. It was cute for about one game but in the long run it was stupid and all it did was piss off and fire up the opponent.
Oh lord. Hopefully the years have made him wiser. Please for the love of god not that Junior Varsity crap.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read