Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-27-2006   #1
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns
Default Texans' rejection still was surprise for Young

By JOHN MCCLAIN

Quote:
"Yeah, I was still surprised when I heard about it," said Young, who came to New York this week to participate in events leading up to this weekend's draft. "I know what the media's been saying about them not taking me, but I wanted to play for my hometown team.

"If they don't want me, well, I know it's a business. I'm kind of disappointed, but I have to get ready for the draft and be prepared to play for the team that wants me."
There is more in the article.

Here come the "He will dominate us twice a year" complaints...
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006   #2
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

...or the "we should trade up in the 1st round with our other picks" bs, also.
Old 04-27-2006   #3
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

And how David Carr is the Anti-Christ.
Old 04-27-2006   #4
BREAZE
Veteran

Dominate twice a year? Hopefully not.

Face twice a year? probably

New found rivaly? A certainty
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006   #5
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags
And how David Carr is the Anti-Christ.
Hahahahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BREAZE
Dominate twice a year? Hopefully not.

Face twice a year? probably

New found rivaly? A certainty
True that, and I look forward to it.
Old 04-27-2006   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

he's even dumber than i thought.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006   #7
Frills
Veteran

just goes to prove my point about his intelligence
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-27-2006   #8
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna
LOL, a perfect fit for Miami?
Old 04-27-2006   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan
LOL, a perfect fit for Miami?
well, we could use another receiver, and saban has tried to convert him to a WR since he was 14 years old, so why not.
Old 04-27-2006   #10
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Go tell them that on the Titans board. Oh wait, you did.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

hmm i didn't say the same thing at all.
Old 04-27-2006   #12
Htown34s
Veteran

Unhappy

I have lost respect for many on these boards.

I'm a VY guy, but I have my reasons which have been stated too many times in the past 4 months. But I recognize that Bush is an incredible talent as well. Thats is where my problem lies. IMO the anti-VY crowd has been immature and nasty in nature overall.

Why call the guy names? Why insult him? One of the greatest college players of all time is from our city, and this is how you treat him?

I wonder how many of the people on this board bashing VY are native Houstonians like myself. To me its pretty freaking sad. Some people have no class.
Old 04-27-2006   #13
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Thats too bad...Oh well it will be fun facing him! We will need mario williams to stop him however!
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006   #14
Long-Spurs-Texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
Thats too bad...Oh well it will be fun facing him! We will need mario williams to stop him however!
We don't have anyone to stop him. We better pray he doesn't go to the Titans. That will be must see TV, 2 times a year. If he goes to Oaktown, we'll see him as well.
Old 04-27-2006   #15
Frills
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long-Spurs-Texan
We don't have anyone to stop him. We better pray he doesn't go to the Titans. That will be must see TV, 2 times a year. If he goes to Oaktown, we'll see him as well.
News Flash!!

The Spread isn't run in the NFL.

No need to worry, well mabye the international competition in the Shot Put needs to worry, but not the Texans
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think people that have to try and tear down a good kid who has done nothing to them are the people with intelligence problems. Reeks of an inferiority complex. I didn't want to pick the guy but someone saying that he still hoped to play for his hometown team is now dumb?Grow up.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006   #17
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4741 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown34s
I have lost respect for many on these boards.

I'm a VY guy, but I have my reasons which have been stated too many times in the past 4 months. But I recognize that Bush is an incredible talent as well. Thats is where my problem lies. IMO the anti-VY crowd has been immature and nasty in nature overall.

Why call the guy names? Why insult him? One of the greatest college players of all time is from our city, and this is how you treat him?

I wonder how many of the people on this board bashing VY are native Houstonians like myself. To me its pretty freaking sad. Some people have no class.
I agree for the most part. Vince is only 20 or 21 years old , still a "kid" somewhat who's dream was to play pro ball for the city he grew up in, which he kept no secret of. Calling him dumb just because he kept hoping for that dream to become reality is just lame IMO.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006   #18
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frills
News Flash!!

The Spread isn't run in the NFL.

No need to worry, well mabye the international competition in the Shot Put needs to worry, but not the Texans
You are right He has no arm and can't adapt. Maybe they have shots for that penis envy. Again, not a UT homer and don't want to take him but please stop showing your tail. Go to the third page.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...mqb/index.html
Old 04-27-2006   #19
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle
I agree for the most part. Vince is only 20 or 21 years old , still a "kid" somewhat who's dream was to play pro ball for the city he grew up in, which he kept no secret of. Calling him dumb just because he kept hoping for that dream to become reality is just lame IMO.
Thank you. I wrote that above. The only people showing their intelligence here are the ones who have to make themselves feel better by putting a good kid down.
Old 04-27-2006   #20
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Personally, yes, I am in Camp Reggie. But I am a Texas fan & I was cheering for the Horns at the Rose Bowl. I really like Vince. But I think the reason it has translated to hate for a lot of people is because of the blind devotion to the kid. People wanted Houston to draft just because of where he was from. Hardly anyone had a problem with Carr before January 5th. That is what frustrated a lot of people and made them just tear apart VY's game

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read