Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-26-2006   #1
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas
Default Casserly on NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9398998

He had alot of points to be made in this speech on NFL.com...He made it clear we will either take Bush or Williams...
However what I like most about what he said is that if we do draft Mario Williams "casserly is to blame" not mario williams so dont boo mario williams boo casserly...That came from Casserly himself...Very honorable if you ask me.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 304149 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah, I just heard the same thing with his interview on Charlie Palilo's show.

Either way, we should be getting a playmaker. Which is always a good thing.
Old 04-26-2006   #3
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas

He had alot of points to be made in this speech on NFL.com...He made it clear we will either take Bush or Williams...
However what I like most about what he said is that if we do draft Mario Williams "casserly is to blame" not mario williams so dont boo mario williams boo casserly...That came from Casserly himself...Very honorable if you ask me.
Got a little overexcited hearing Casserly? JK.

Anyway, I think this is the real reason...

1.) Casserly will be gone for his own reasons (rumors of resignation floating around for awhile now) so more importantly than "Don't blame Mario", it's "Don't blame Gary" since CC has nothing to lose.

True he knows that if they pick Mario (relative no-name compared to VY and Bush among avg sports watchers) there will be a huge amount of criticism. Of course either way he's either protecting the club or protecting the new coach, so I guess it can be seen as the right thing to do.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #4
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't cha' love it when a GM falls on his sword for the good of the team?

For all of the bad things I've said about Casserly - I must give him an A for this one statement.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #5
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
True he knows that if they pick Mario (relative no-name compared to VY and Bush among avg sports watchers) there will be a huge amount of criticism. Of course either way he's either protecting the club or protecting the new coach, so I guess it can be seen as the right thing to do.
Or he doesn't care either way because he's going to take the job with the NFL offices after the draft.
Old 04-26-2006   #6
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

yeah lets take williams i dont mind blaming C.C. Forget bush we Got D.D and C.C knows that he's a special/GOOD player.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #7
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer
Or he doesn't care either way because he's going to take the job with the NFL offices after the draft.
Yea, that is pretty clear as well. Casserly only throws himself under the bus when the parking brake is on.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-26-2006   #8
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Sounds like Mario to me. They are setting Casserly up to be the fall guy (since he will be gone) if/when Mario isn't all that.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

or you could read into it that he was at fault for choosing Carr over Peppers in the 1st place, then now we could be free to choose Young :brickwall

which begs the question are we starting over or building around what is already in place
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #10
pearland
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags
Sounds like Mario to me. They are setting Casserly up to be the fall guy (since he will be gone) if/when Mario isn't all that.

I agree. For once and all of the sudden, CC will take the blame. He will be gone in 2-12 weeks.
pearland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #11
samomin
Veteran

A very candid press conference compared to his previous ones i thought. I wonder why he changed all of a sudden.
Old 04-27-2006   #12
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84010 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas

How about Texans fans show a little class and don't boo anyone that works for our team.

Or is that sort of thinking a bit way out?
kiwitexansfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006   #13
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

that is like asking Philly or Jets fans not to boo their pick, just does not happen, anyone other than Bush or Young would get booed. I seriously hope that Casserly gets booed on Saturday, because that will mean we just got the best player for the long run of our team. Check the Avatar.
Old 04-27-2006   #14
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 48171 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayseed2002
Yep right now we have a 4th and 29......draft Young and it will 4th and 30.... I will still rather have Young and 4th and 30 than David Yugo and 4th and 29.
I thought Cass. said Bush or Williams.

Anyone with a clue would read into that, "we are taking Bush or Williams".

Quite a leap to get Youngs name into the equation.

The yugo joke has just about run its course.

Try thinking up something original..

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read