Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-26-2006   #1
reggie21
waterboy

Default if not us, where does bush go

Leading up to the draft this was one of the surer things, texans would draft reggie bush. Now, however there is a chance he will go somewhere else. I was just wondering where you think he will go and under what circumstances (trade etc.). I personally thing Titans would grab him before anyone would trade up. Thanks
reggie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 29813 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie21
Leading up to the draft this was one of the surer things, texans would draft reggie bush. Now, however there is a chance he will go somewhere else. I was just wondering where you think he will go and under what circumstances (trade etc.). I personally thing Titans would grab him before anyone would trade up. Thanks
If we take Williams, I think the Jets would jump to #2 and take Bush...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #3
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

New Orleans will take him with the no. 2 pick, then trade him away. My guess would be someone like San Fransisco. SF has allot of picks this year and can afford to part with a few. Current RBs on the roster are Frank Gore, Kevin Barlow, and Maurice Hicks.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #4
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

I think New Orleans will take him.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah, he'll go no. 2 in the draft if we don't get him. Etiher the Saints, or someone that trades up. I'd be surprised if he falls more than the two spot.
Old 04-26-2006   #6
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

He will go to the Jets, the Jets need a Running Back Badly!!! Curtis Martin could also help him become more of a stud

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #7
The Myth
Rookie

Well, if the Texans want an excuse to take Williams instead of reggie, they have it with the whole house thing. If that were to happen he will never get by the Saints.
The Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-26-2006   #8
outofhnd
All Pro

Jets at 4 they wont trade up for him because the saints are even more stocked at RB after FA than we are.
Old 04-26-2006   #9
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

If the Texans dont take R.Bush and no one moves up to the number two spot Reggie would more than likely slide to the 4th or 5th pick.

1. Mario Williams
2.DFoam Ferguson
3.Matt Leinart\Vince Young. If Its Vince for sure Bush slides to 5th pick to greenbay i dont see the jets passing on Matt even if R.Bush is available great running backs are found late in drafts so are Qb's but it is very rare. you dont find a tom brady every draft.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006   #10
Bronco Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 29 Bronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Bronco Texan Send a message via Yahoo to Bronco Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts
If the Texans dont take R.Bush and no one moves up to the number two spot Reggie would more than likely slide to the 4th or 5th pick.

1. Mario Williams
2.DFoam Ferguson
3.Matt Leinart\Vince Young. If Its Vince for sure Bush slides to 5th pick to greenbay i dont see the jets passing on Matt even if R.Bush is available great running backs are found late in drafts so are Qb's but it is very rare. you dont find a tom brady every draft.
Jets have stated that they are not interested in Matt or any QB for that matter in the first round. If we don't take Reggie then I think he will go in the 2 spot. But I think it will either be to san fran/green bay/oakland. I think the saints would trade that pick away fast and then go for Matt Leinart, because they basically signed Brees to a one year contract.

Also does anyone think that if the texans use the house thing as an excuse not to draft reggie they are morons? I know Williams is a stud, buy Reggie is just too good to pass up. Plus it isn't like he did drugs, or stole, or was a problem in the locker room. So what if his parents took advantage of him to live in a nice house. There are alot worse things people do every day. Plus none of that changes the fact that he is a freak on the field.
Bronco Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006   #11
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

The saints take someone's soul in exchange for picking bush at #2. Likely SF who has NO talent what so ever and elects to keep him the bay.
Old 04-27-2006   #12
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

The best the Titans end up getting are Leinart or Ferguson. Unless they trade up. I think the Texans pick Bush, because as soon as the pick is announced they will get trade offers. The upside to them picking Bush is that the Titans will not get him.
Old 04-27-2006   #13
tex
Veteran

The Titans would love to run RB all over the Texans.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read