Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-26-2006   #1
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10
Default Can you imagine the fury...

That will ensue with the teams behind us if we pick Mario (which I'm warming up to)? Man, what a scramble, that would sure be fun to watch on Saturday morning.
Old 04-26-2006   #2
Janus3
Veteran

i agree. i'd be upset that if anyone traded up to draft bush, why didn't they do it with the texans.
Old 04-26-2006   #3
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradK10
That will ensue with the teams behind us if we pick Mario (which I'm warming up to)? Man, what a scramble, that would sure be fun to watch on Saturday morning.

You are not kidding, GM's and coaches would break their necks trying to figure out what to do. Madness would ensue.
Old 04-26-2006   #4
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would think that well run football operations would have played out every possible scenario leading up to the draft, I don't think anything will suprise them.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #5
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

You get paid in this league for being prepared and analyzing all possible scenarios. I don't think it will cause a massive fury, but it will cause some shuffling for sure.
Old 04-26-2006   #6
dhaNim
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus3
i agree. i'd be upset that if anyone traded up to draft bush, why didn't they do it with the texans.
because it costs a heck of a lot more to come up to no. 1 than it does to trade to no. 2.
dhaNim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #7
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaNim
because it costs a heck of a lot more to come up to no. 1 than it does to trade to no. 2.
Yep. If we take Williams at 1, the Jets would jump to #2 and take Bush. The titans will take a qb. The Saints take either D'Brick or Hawk, and the Packers take whoever the Saints did'nt select.....IMO
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-26-2006   #8
TreWardTxn
Veteran

If we draft Williams, the Saints will take Bush. If the Jets weren't willing to give us a load of picks for the #1, then why would they do it to get to the number two spot? At that point they seem desperate and would really be fleeced.

The Texans can not trade out of the #1 spot and get either Williams or Bush...
TreWardTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #9
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreWardTxn
If we draft Williams, the Saints will take Bush. If the Jets weren't willing to give us a load of picks for the #1, then why would they do it to get to the number two spot? At that point they seem desperate and would really be fleeced.

The Texans can not trade out of the #1 spot and get either Williams or Bush...
Like DHANIM said, its would be cheaper to move to the #2 spot. Besides if we take Williams, the Saints would want to move down to get a better value on either D'Brick or Hawk....
Old 04-26-2006   #10
ghostlight
All Pro

Rep Power: 202 ghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respected

After we use the #1 pick and don't take Bush the #2 becomes the #1 pick. The cost will be nearly the same.
Old 04-26-2006   #11
champ1234
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlight
After we use the #1 pick and don't take Bush the #2 becomes the #1 pick. The cost will be nearly the same.
Exactly! There is no set value for a pick when that team is on the clock. The value board is simply a tool to help teams gauge an equal deal. If a team really wants someone, they will have to give up whatever the owner is asking, and if I was the owning team...I'd be jacking up the asking price
champ1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #12
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star
Yep. If we take Williams at 1, the Jets would jump to #2 and take Bush. The titans will take a qb. The Saints take either D'Brick or Hawk, and the Packers take whoever the Saints did'nt select.....IMO
I could see the Raiders, Jets, and Saints organizing a trade where the Jets jump to #2 to grab Bush, the Raiders jump to #4 to get Leinart (assuming the Titans take Young at #3), then the Saints drop to #7 and hope A.J. Hawk falls to them, and pick up a lot of picks in the process.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #13
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus3
Because I can imagine we are asking for a small country for him. The Saints, who haven't been known for the best draft decisions, would probaly let him go for a bag of footballs

...Ok, that is a little harsh to let them take this abuse because of Ditka...My bad.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #14
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
I could see the Raiders, Jets, and Saints organizing a trade where the Jets jump to #2 to grab Bush, the Raiders jump to #4 to get Leinart (assuming the Titans take Young at #3), then the Saints drop to #7 and hope A.J. Hawk falls to them, and pick up a lot of picks in the process.
Nice! I did'nt think about that one..
Old 04-26-2006   #15
outofhnd
All Pro

Saints will not draft bush having 2 1st round running backs already on their roster. They would have to settle for Dbrick if the rest of the league could keep their panties on reggie would fall to 4
Old 04-26-2006   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

not really. the saints will take bush and order will be back.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #17
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna
not really. the saints will take bush and order will be back.
Back? How can you be "back" if you were never there?
Old 04-26-2006   #18
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradK10
Back? How can you be "back" if you were never there?
what IS order exactly? in fact...what is ANYTHING, man. i mean....man....try this stuff out i got, man, it'll blow your mind.
Old 04-26-2006   #19
BradK10
Hall of Fame

ya lost me, what's that from?
Old 04-26-2006   #20
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

as far as i know i just made it up.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read