Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-26-2006   #1
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Should Texans gone after Javon Walker instead of Moulds?

I mean I know he had the knee injury but I think I'd rather taken a chance on this guy. He's younger. Really really wants out of GB. Any reason we didn't look more into this situation?
Old 04-26-2006   #2
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill
I mean I know he had the knee injury but I think I'd rather taken a chance on this guy. He's younger. Really really wants out of GB. Any reason we didn't look more into this situation?
No.

He wants #1 WR money...big *** signing bonus...hell with that.
Old 04-26-2006   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

No.. Moulds is the perfect choice for us. He is MORE than talented enough, and capable enough, to be a quality #2 receiver.. and his veteran leadership will be priceless.

Javon seems like a talented enough guy.. but he does have an attitude on him. We need more solid vets like Moulds to help "Mould" this team.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #4
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
No.. Moulds is the perfect choice for us. He is MORE than talented enough, and capable enough, to be a quality #2 receiver.. and his veteran leadership will be priceless.

Javon seems like a talented enough guy.. but he does have an attitude on him. We need more solid vets like Moulds to help "Mould" this team.
Moulds likes AJ and AJ indicated I believe that Moulds was one of the guys he based his game on. Moulds seems to understand the role of a mentor as he has stated. I think he will not have the ego problem which is what I fear with Walker. Moulds and Walker both were tired of what was going on with their respective teams. I too think overall Moulds will prove to be the better guy.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah I agree with Ibar. Moulds has already accepted the responsibility of getting this offense on the same page and showing leadership.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #6
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 5042 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Moulds brings the experience, skill and intangibles we need to the #2 position. He'll make us a better team, AJ a better #1 WR and Carr a better QB. All that from a 5th round pick...amazing!

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #7
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

We got Moulds for a 5th round pick and a lot less money than it would have cost to sign Walker. The answer is "no".
Old 04-26-2006   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid

I agree a 100%.
Old 04-26-2006   #9
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
We got Moulds for a 5th round pick and a lot less money than it would have cost to sign Walker. The answer is "no".
Plus, I think the Pack was looking for a #2 pick for Javon.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #10
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

No moulds fits perfectly...
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #11
The Myth
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Moulds likes AJ and AJ indicated I believe that Moulds was one of the guys he based his game on. Moulds seems to understand the role of a mentor as he has stated. I think he will not have the ego problem which is what I fear with Walker. Moulds and Walker both were tired of what was going on with their respective teams. I too think overall Moulds will prove to be the better guy.
Moulds said on NFL radion shortly after the deal that one of te reasons he came was because AJ wanted him to.

A big difference here is that the Packers are trying to get as much a payoff as they can out of Walker. The Bills were more easily willing to part with EM.
The Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #12
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler
Thumbs down

Quote:
You know why we didnt go after Walker?
because he is a ***, we have never had someone in the locker room that was like T.O. type of guy. One of the main reasons the Texans lost soo many games last year was giving up a lead in the 4th quarter,remember the Rams game,the Ravens game,Hey even the Titans game,we needed veteran leadership. E-Moulds is that guy, , he will give it to us, he help mature Andre Johnson and David Carr, he will keep the offense intact. E-moulds is da man!

mark my words we will average 24 points a game, and E-moulds will score at least 8 TD's this year

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #13
Samer
Veteran

Walker will only cause problems if he doesn't like how things are going. Moulds will help Mentor a group of young receivers with Walter, Johnson and Mathis, Go Moulds Go
Old 04-28-2006   #14
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He's coming off a bad injury and for a WR, any injury to the leg is bad. But that doesn't mean I wanted Moulds of the 10 TDs in three years fame. Gaffney would have been just fine if the OL ever comes together. Heck, if your QB can't get the ball off, it doesn't matter if you have Marvin Harrison and Randy Moss as your WRs. Getting Moulds certainly did not improve this situation.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read