Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-25-2006   #1
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Charlie Casserly was on Jim Rome today ... Mario or Reggie? NO VINCE!

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but I was listening to jim rome earlier today and he mentioned charley casserly as one of tomorrow's guests. i don't know which hour he'll be talking, though.
Old 04-25-2006   #2
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

That was just an AMAZING interview with Charley Casserly, what a great GREAT guy. Just an UNBELIEVABLE interview there with Charley...................WOW

Lets read some emails:

'Rome EPIC freaking interview with Casserly, I was absolutely glued to my radio my coworkers thought I was crazy sitting there with a perma-grin chiseled in my grill'

-War-
Cowgirls

'Romey ASTOUNDING interview with Charley Casserly -- I had to pull my car over to the side of the road when I spit chocolate milk through my freaking nose'

-War-
Katrina evacuees trying to steal my tailgate BBQ

'OARRT'

'OARRT'

Rome............OUT
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #3
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayseed2002
The one problem with Charley..... if he makes it.... I am sure it will become a bust! Not a good track record! He ought to back in when picking up his check and feel a little bit GUILTY about cashing it!
what if cass makes the call to take VY, is it the bad one then? get over it man.
Old 04-25-2006   #4
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Gator
That was just an AMAZING interview with Charley Casserly, what a great GREAT guy. Just an UNBELIEVABLE interview there with Charley...................WOW

Lets read some emails:

'Rome EPIC freaking interview with Casserly, I was absolutely glued to my radio my coworkers thought I was crazy sitting there with a perma-grin chiseled in my grill'

-War-
Cowgirls

'Romey ASTOUNDING interview with Charley Casserly -- I had to pull my car over to the side of the road when I spit chocolate milk through my freaking nose'

-War-

'OARRT'

'OARRT'

Rome............OUT
Sadly thats pretty much what his show is like now. I still listen b/c i like Rome as a sports journalist but the whole clone thing i'm sooo tired of. :brickwall
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #5
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Rome's interviews are usually good, but the rest of his show is just awful. His schtick gets old very quickly.
Old 04-25-2006   #6
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4378 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:

Lets read some emails:

-War-
Cowgirls

-War-

'OARRT'

'OARRT'

Rome............OUT

LMAO!!!

Last edited by TheRealJoker; 04-26-2006 at 06:28 AM.
TheRealJoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan
Sadly thats pretty much what his show is like now. I still listen b/c i like Rome as a sports journalist but the whole clone thing i'm sooo tired of. :brickwall
Honestly, I love Rome. The whole clone thing and conversations on other topics are funny and they are copied by the morning guys here. Rome, his interviews and national subjects, especially since he loves Houston, are better than any of our sports guys here who basically read the Chronicle and act like they know sports. Palillo is the only guy who knows his stuff. Zerlein is 2nd. Besides that it is a toss up of biggest dipwad. The e-mails, as written above are more an inside joke than serious. Some people just take it too seriously. It is meant to be overdone.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2006   #8
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Rome is one of the few people on this planet that can make me laugh on a consistent basis. By consistent, i mean at least once a week.
Old 04-26-2006   #9
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran

I agree the whole clone thing is so stupid, and it waste so much time. Idiots call and read out this 4 page essay that they have been practicing over and over for about 4 hours. Just to hear Jim say either you suck, or rack'em. What a bunch of idiots. I do like the way Jim is consistant about his position on with different issues. He speaks his mind and then backs it every show. He did a interview with Morgan Ensberg last year that was awsome. The fast that he is on 610 and not 790 is more than enough of a reason for me to listen. ESPN sucks around the board, Radio, T.V., and The Magazine. Thank got for the NFL Network.
Frank_The_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #10
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:

Lets read some emails:

-War-
Cowgirls

-War-

'OARRT'

'OARRT'

Rome............OUT
Pheonomanal........Rack 'em
Old 04-26-2006   #11
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

I can enjoy Rome, but that's only if I hear his show in limited doses (i.e.) 3 or 4 times a month.

Probably won't catch the show today so ya'll give some updates if there is anything interesting.

Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #12
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

He'll be on in the 12:00 hour.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #13
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Has Casserly ever given up anything concerning any draft? I don't think so.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #14
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Rome won't ask anything and Casserley won't tell anything.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #15
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm listening stream link at work and he is about to come on. Will update
Old 04-26-2006   #16
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

I wish he'd hurry up ..... listening to Rome gives me a headache
Old 04-26-2006   #17
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Where's Charley? Could he be on the phone with a more important caller?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #18
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

on now

says they have not decided yet ...... lot of internal debate about whom to pick.... the pick is one of two players, Bush & MWilliams ..... they have no offers for the pick .... why isn't Young under consideration? They already have Carr and Kubiak likes him and wanted the option exercised .....
Old 04-26-2006   #19
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

No decsicion yet...what a shocker.

Internally there has been alot of debate, narrowed down to Bush and Willimas. Thinks both are rare talents.

No offers for the pick.

VY was ruled out due to Carr being chosen by Kubiak; the option was Kubiak's call. The team felt better to have Carr and somebody else (rb or de) then Carr and VY.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #20
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Says they haven't made a choice but it is 2 guys..Bush and Mario. That is it. No trade offers at all. There is debating about it but not a given. Just said they are leaning one way.

VY was not a possibility because before the carr option they asked Kubes to look it the position and Kubes wanted Carr. Then they decided if they wanted to pick a future QB and they said no.

Active negotiations with both players

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read