Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-26-2006   #1
Long-Spurs-Texan
Veteran

Default Reeves coming on Dan Patrick ESPN Radio

He is suposed to discuss VY & how he scouted the draft for the Texans. Could be interesting. Today.
Old 04-26-2006   #2
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

What time is the Dan Patrick Show?

I really don't like that show, but if I get a chance, I may try to listen.
Old 04-26-2006   #3
Long-Spurs-Texan
Veteran

It's on from 12-3 PM.
Old 04-26-2006   #4
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Oh, goodness. That's a long show.

Could you let us know when Reeves is on?
Old 04-26-2006   #5
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

He'll be on in the 2:00 hour.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #6
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

someone get ready to transcribe.
Old 04-26-2006   #7
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be listening in starting at 2. I'll post what I hear.
Old 04-26-2006   #8
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
I'll be listening in starting at 2. I'll post what I hear.
I dont mean to sound stupid, but is he still an advisor to McNair??
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #9
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star
I dont mean to sound stupid, but is he still an advisor to McNair??
I would assume yes, but you know what happens when people start assuming...
Old 04-26-2006   #10
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems like he vanished after Kubiak got hired....kinda odd. This is one of the reasons I'll be listening.
Old 04-26-2006   #11
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull
Seems like he vanished after Kubiak got hired....kinda odd. This is one of the reasons I'll be listening.
I've gotten 6 minutes of commercials straight. Awesome
Old 04-26-2006   #12
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

He's coming on after the commercial break.
Old 04-26-2006   #13
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Ryan Leaf will be on the Dan Patrick show tomorrow. Big whoop Dan, big whoop.
Old 04-26-2006   #14
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
Ryan Leaf will be on the Dan Patrick show tomorrow. Big whoop Dan, big whoop.
I guess Akili Smith wasnt available.....:brickwall
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #15
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Said the most pressing needs for the Texans are OL, pass rush.

Reggie Bush is a great choice because he'll make everyone better. He'd take Bush if he was GM.

Spoke highly of Carr. Said guys like him don't come around too often.

Thinks highly of VY... better than Leinart. VY is more well-rounded than Mike Vick. VY has better control of his body because he doesn't run as fast as Vick.

VY isn't as polished of a passer but a better runner than Elway.

Talked about VY's poise...he thrives on pressure.

Talked about Vick, changed the system to fit his skillset. Reeves getting fired set Vick back. Vick's been through 3 offensive systems as of now.
Old 04-26-2006   #16
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Dp - Dan Patrick

DP - What's most pressing need?
Reeves - Awful lot of them, offensive line, did a good job against the run, need to do better in pass rush.

DP - Does it make sense to get Bush?
Reeves - It's debateable, but Bush is a great guy, makes the other guys better.

DP - If you had to choose, who would you take?
Reeves - Bush. With the committment to Carr, they need Bush in a skill position.

DP - Who did you like out of the QB position
Reeves - Rare talent, who can throw/run and keep both coordinators up at night. Leinart/Cutler are good, but Young is really talented. Lots of upside.

DP - Compare Vick/Young
Reeves - No comparison. Young can stay in pocket. Throw in pocket. Does have the mobility. Mike is a guy who you have to utilize his movement ability. Totally different. Young is more in control of his body while running. Vick has a difficult time because he goes so fast.

DP - Compare Elway/Young
Reeves - Further along passing than Young. More polished coming into the pros. Young is a better runner though Elway could hurt people running. It will take VY a little time to catch up to where John was. Young showed a lot of improvement in the last year.

DP - how do you measure poise?
Reeves - Play in crucial games and make good decisions. Young seemed to enjoy tough situations. Like Elway, Michael Jordan

DP - Would you trade LT and Brees for Vick again?
Reeves - Without question. There are reasons he has struggled a bit. Three different systems has made him struggle. By reeves getting fired, he's going to set a QB back with his play ability
Old 04-26-2006   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Wow....... when Dan Reeves compares Young to Elway, says he is more talented than Leinart/Cutler...... tells you he is different than Vick...... It's got to make you think.

I never liked the Vick Pick...... but I was impressed at the success Reeves was able to get out of him so quickly....... that's coaching, & I like Reeves standing up, supporting that decision, and Michael Vick now.......... Classy guy.
Old 04-26-2006   #18
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Wow....... when Dan Reeves compares Young to Elway, says he is more talented than Leinart/Cutler...... tells you he is different than Vick...... It's got to make you think.
You are right .... It made me think "and he still would draft Reggie, damn he must be a helluva player!" ...........
Old 04-26-2006   #19
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss

I never liked the Vick Pick...... but I was impressed at the success Reeves was able to get out of him so quickly....... that's coaching, & I like Reeves standing up, supporting that decision, and Michael Vick now.......... Classy guy.
He also said Bush is the best pick for the Texans - do you accept his expertise on both issues?
Old 04-26-2006   #20
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
You are right .... It made me think "and he still would draft Reggie, damn he must be a helluva player!" ...........
Funny, the impression i got was....i would take bush because they extended carr, not i would take bush because he is the best player. He speaks rather glowingly of vince, wouldnt you say?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read