Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-26-2006   #1
[[Gary Kubiak]]

Default Not so fast Bushies!

Casserly just had a press conference and said Bush and Williams are 50/50 right now .

To me this is an indication were going to pick Mr. Williams.
Old 04-26-2006   #2
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34025 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]]
Casserly just had a press conference and said Bush and Williams are 50/50 right now .

To me this is an indication were going to pick Mr. Williams.
I tend to think it's more about getting Reggie to sign at a lower price. But you never know.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #3
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

He's on Rome right now.
Old 04-26-2006   #4
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

The lowest bidder with who signs on the dotted line by 10:59 am Saturday wins. lol

(ETA: That's just my comment, not Charley's)
Old 04-26-2006   #5
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

How is this any different than what we've been hearing for the past week or so??? I still think Bush is our guy with the no.1 pick.
Old 04-26-2006   #6
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

I really feel like they are leaning more and more towards Mario now.
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #7
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip
The lowest bidder with who signs on the dotted line by 10:59 am Saturday wins. lol

(ETA: That's just my comment, not Charley's)
Well I think there could be more truth in that than you think.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-26-2006   #8
Eyeguy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan
Well I think there could be more truth in that than you think.
At 11:01 they loose all their leverage
Eyeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Gator
I really feel like they are leaning more and more towards Mario now.
Yeah but c'mon man. You're the Iraqi Information Minister for crying out loud. We can't go with that if you're saying it.

Of course if you really were the Iraqi Information Minister then you'd be having a press conference about this as Tags announced that the Houston Texans had taken Reggie Bush with the first pick in the draft and it wouldn't be "leaning towards". It would be "Will absolutely be selecting Mario Williams, Allah willing"
Old 04-26-2006   #10
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

I think a tip off is that Bush has supposidly signed a deal with Addidis. I don't think they would have signed if they thought they were going to be #1. His value goes way down if he's not the number 1 pick. I think it really is possible the Texans will take Mario Williams, particularly if the money is right.

Remember, the small owners are gripping about the high price of talent. McNair would be doing a favor for the small owners if he can keep the 1st pick's price down. I keep saying that this is playing into the deal. Williams is very attractive for this cause as well. Everything in the 1st round is based on what the top dog gets.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #11
MikeMc
All Pro

Adidas?? Come on! If he were going to be #1, Nike or Reebok would be all over him!
Old 04-26-2006   #12
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bush's Adidas deal could be contingent on him being drafted #1.

Just a thought.

That's how they can do it before hand and have the ads ready for the draft coverage.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #13
dhaNim
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMc
Adidas?? Come on! If he were going to be #1, Nike or Reebok would be all over him!
adidas bought out Reebok atleast a few months ago. adidas is the official supplier of the NBA and NFL taking over from Reebok. i think they are keeping the Reebok name for now.
dhaNim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #14
TreWardTxn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan
Bush's Adidas deal could be contingent on him being drafted #1.

Just a thought.

That's how they can do it before hand and have the ads ready for the draft coverage.
Or his deal could be contingent upon the fact that he's been the biggest name in college football the past two years and the most hyped prospect ever. I'm pretty sure they've realized that big offensive plays make highlight reels more often than a DE putting pressure on a quarterback...
TreWardTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #15
phan1
All Pro

If we do get Mario, he just better be coming with at least another high 2nd rounder. No way he's the 1st player in the draft.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #16
Caphorn
Rookie

Let me say that the draft order for Reggie Bush does not effect his marketability. If he goes No. 2, ESPN will say it was a huge gamble and mistake to pass up the greatest running back ever. And all coverage will remain on Reggie Bush. They can't stop eating up this guy. In other words, Addidas just paid through the roof.
Caphorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #17
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

kirwan and schefter have both said bush will be signed by tomorrow.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #18
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna
kirwan and schefter have both said bush will be signed by tomorrow.
I don't doubt you kastofsna. Do you have a link I can read for schefter. I saw kirwan's report. Thanks
Old 04-26-2006   #19
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Texans | R. Bush contract expected to come tomorrow
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:55:36 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports USC RB Reggie Bush is expected to receive a contract exceeding six years and $49 million.

thats kffl.com...but it could very well be the truth.
Old 04-26-2006   #20
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
I don't doubt you kastofsna. Do you have a link I can read for schefter. I saw kirwan's report. Thanks
they both said it on Total Access. schefter said he's expected to get a contract worth 10% more than what alex smith got.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read