Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-26-2006   #1
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default What's up with the media?

I realize that every person has a job to do, a trash collector, collects trash, doctors take care of people, and the media writes news stories. The only difference for the rest of the world and the media, they choose simply what will guarantee them the most money and usually destroy people's lives. It is so interesting to me that you hear nothing good being written about Young (Wonderlic and his agent, Bush (and a house), or Leinart (his hollywood lifestyle). These are just a few of the young men, getting ready to live their adult lives in the public light, but nothing positive is being said about them, except getting drafted into the NFL.

Do they think we are naive to believe that Bush has not gotten special treatment while being at USC, Young at Texas, Williams at NC state, the list goes on. I remember geting special treatment when I was a baseball player in high school. That's the way life goes. People want to be around and support someone who brings thiem excitement in their mundane lives. Every program in the U.S. is living outside the rules, finding ways for "amatuer athletes" to get some type of financial reward in a illegal farm system. Don't get on these young men for accepting gifts, that they should receive in the beginning. Are they receiving a great education. YES. That is the best reward they can get, but if that is the case, don't sell Texas #10 jerseys, sell #00 and see how much you make The Univ of Texas makes then.

Report on the good things of these kids. There adversity to inspire youth, their faith to inspire the faithless, their upbringing to encourage young parents to become better parents. How did Reggie become Reggie or Williams become Williams? Some is God-given atheletic ability, but without working that ability to he fullest, along with help from family, friends, and outside positive influences, there would never be any of these guys. Have them report on that. More power to all of the athletes that are taking advantage of the system!!!!

As for Bush and his situation, I am in Real Estate, I support a "certain" university to the fullest, and if there is ever a situation, where a young man is leaving his family behind in a bad situation, while he goes to the school of my support to help them become national champs and all types of cash, I will give a family a home to live a life, that their son is receiving and getting taken advantage of, and there is nothing anyone can do about it. As a dead holder, you have the right to allow anyone to live in your owned home, for any amount you wish, as long as it is agreed upon. I hope the Bush's actually lived there for free, that would be beautiful!!!

By the way, I am not stating that any specific University, Texas, USC or NC State are doing anything wrong, all was for the sake of an arguement against the media!
Old 04-26-2006   #2
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Good work.

I had considered making a "glass houses" post before, but didn't think it worth the effort since it would soon morph into the dreaded thread.
Old 04-26-2006   #3
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull
I realize that every person has a job to do, a trash collector, collects trash, doctors take care of people, and the media writes news stories. The only difference for the rest of the world and the media, they choose simply what will guarantee them the most money and usually destroy people's lives. It is so interesting to me that you hear nothing good being written about Young (Wonderlic and his agent, Bush (and a house), or Leinart (his hollywood lifestyle). These are just a few of the young men, getting ready to live their adult lives in the public light, but nothing positive is being said about them, except getting drafted into the NFL.

Do they think we are naive to believe that Bush has not gotten special treatment while being at USC, Young at Texas, Williams at NC state, the list goes on. I remember geting special treatment when I was a baseball player in high school. That's the way life goes. People want to be around and support someone who brings thiem excitement in their mundane lives. Every program in the U.S. is living outside the rules, finding ways for "amatuer athletes" to get some type of financial reward in a illegal farm system. Don't get on these young men for accepting gifts, that they should receive in the beginning. Are they receiving a great education. YES. That is the best reward they can get, but if that is the case, don't sell Texas #10 jerseys, sell #00 and see how much you make The Univ of Texas makes then.

Report on the good things of these kids. There adversity to inspire youth, their faith to inspire the faithless, their upbringing to encourage young parents to become better parents. How did Reggie become Reggie or Williams become Williams? Some is God-given atheletic ability, but without working that ability to he fullest, along with help from family, friends, and outside positive influences, there would never be any of these guys. Have them report on that. More power to all of the athletes that are taking advantage of the system!!!!

As for Bush and his situation, I am in Real Estate, I support a "certain" university to the fullest, and if there is ever a situation, where a young man is leaving his family behind in a bad situation, while he goes to the school of my support to help them become national champs and all types of cash, I will give a family a home to live a life, that their son is receiving and getting taken advantage of, and there is nothing anyone can do about it. As a dead holder, you have the right to allow anyone to live in your owned home, for any amount you wish, as long as it is agreed upon. I hope the Bush's actually lived there for free, that would be beautiful!!!

By the way, I am not stating that any specific University, Texas, USC or NC State are doing anything wrong, all was for the sake of an arguement against the media!

This is a load of crap. Stop justifying doing the wrong thing.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

The media is big business, pandering to the lowest common denominator with sensationalist stories and a herd mentality. Unfortunately, that's just the way it is these days, so we have to put up with trash journalism along with the newsworthy stuff.
Old 04-26-2006   #5
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull

Regardless of your personal feelings, the NCAA has rules against recieving benefits. If he broke those rules, he should be accountable, regardless of what slum he or his family crawled from. As to the media, people like me dont care about the fuzzy, heartwarming stories of these players childhood. The media reports news, not happy smiley time storyville. Reggie Bush doing something illegal is a story. reggie bush working hard and making a crapload of money isnt.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #6
pittbull
All Pro

Default Whoa!

I'm not saying Reggie is right or anyone else in breaking the rules, if they are in place. But let's be honest, the only reason this is being addressed now is because of the two golden boys leaving USC's dynasty, and it is a few days before the draft. Some are saying the media knew this info last season. Leinart has been going to hollywood parties since his junior season, and does anyone think he paid for a thing? Come' On. As for this being a bunch of crap, you wouldn't think so if it was your son about to go from making "x" amount of dollars to less, due to the media wanting to make a name for themselves and a few extra dollars. Why don't they try writing some good stories every now and then. That's simply what I'm stating! Yes, Regiie, Joey, Timmy are all wrong, but to say this isn't going on all around the country is completely a load of crap! Leave the kids alone or make college athletics an amatuer league to get some compensation! This was paid by "People wanting college athlete's to get Paid!":brickwall
Old 04-26-2006   #7
wrestler4life
Veteran

No one would have looked into this if he was staying to finish his senior season.
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-26-2006   #8
pittbull
All Pro

Default exactly

Your exactly right, so why look into it now? Rome had the reporter on saying that this is rare in collegiate sports. Is this reporter smoking crack. I know athletes personally who got boat loads of cash, cars and anything else and a famous Georgia Tech guard who had his entire family move to Atlanta, live in a 250K house, mother receive a job, and they used to live in the projects. I can't stand when they try to insult the publics intelligence!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read