Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-25-2006   #1
tiger06
Veteran

Default Brett Favre says he will return

breaking news on ESPNEWS
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The pack has gone from 3-13 to 5-11. Nice
Old 04-25-2006   #3
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2421947
Quote:
Brett Favre informed the Packers on Tuesday that he will definitely play the 2006 season in Green Bay, league and team sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.
Favre shared his decision with general manager Ted Thompson and head coach Mike McCarthy in a telephone conversation on Tuesday morning, the sources said.
Old 04-25-2006   #4
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

excellant.

Once again I will get the chance to possibly see a team with a losing record take the division and advance in the playoffs.

it could happen.

Shakespeare couldn't pen a better ending then that.

Vikings- in flux
Bears - Until the defense starts with the ball, D cannot win alone. Jones is flying the coop. Benson could be a crip.
Detroit - well... it IS Detroit afterall.

Then the Pack...

One lone gunslinger heading to Boot Hill for his last showdown.

Awesome.

Old 04-25-2006   #5
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

"SON OF A B*TCH!!!"

- Aaron Rodgers
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #6
GanadoUHCoog
Rookie

Default ..

I'm just curious if this means that the Packers will take Vernon Davis with the 5th to give Favre a weapon. Probably not though. They'll take AJ Hawk IMO. They need defense.
GanadoUHCoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #7
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanadoUHCoog
They need defense.
Not so much for their division. So for at least 6 games they don't need a lot of defense. ( unless Griese or Kitna blow up... or Johnson finds the Fountain of Youth in one of those thousands of lakes )

Plus they have the 49ers, Cardinals, and Saints on their schedule.

The toughest stretch that they have is a back to back against the Pats and Hawks.

Should be easy enough for them to beat down a 7-9 record and secure a playoff spot.

now after the playoffs... I start to lose some confidence and things start to get a little hazy!
Old 04-26-2006   #8
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

His offseason retire act has become a joke. I turn the station everytime I hear, is Bret going to retire. I think Green Bay is kicking themselves for taking Rodgers last year, now that they have a shot at the big 3. Thats gotta hurt.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #9
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

I am very happy my favorite player of all time is returning!

This is sure to be his last year. Better get my butt to Lambeau while the gettin's good!

GO TEXANS and love ya Brett!!
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #10
kingh99

From what you saw of him last year in the game and in interviews, does anyone else think he's got substance abuse issues again? Poor Packers.
Old 04-26-2006   #11
4th&inches
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags
"SON OF A B*TCH!!!"

- Aaron Rodgers
Old 04-26-2006   #12
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

This is like hearing about Ozzy Osbourne's/KISS's thousandth fairwell tour. Get it over with already and retire.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #13
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso
This is like hearing about Ozzy Osbourne's/KISS's thousandth fairwell tour. Get it over with already and retire.
Im a fan of Favre, but i know he does not expect to win the SB....
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #14
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags
"SON OF A B*TCH!!!"

- Aaron Rodgers
ROFLLMFAO! I can hear Gilbert Gottfried saying that in my head.....and it is stuck.

Thanks, Frak. It will be there all day. :brickwall
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #15
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Perhaps AJ Hawk can infuse something into that inept defense, but otherwise they will be lucky to win 7-8 games this year. I think it is a shame he is coming back. This team needs to start rebuilding immediately.
Old 04-26-2006   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with TheOgre. This is going to be another sad year in Favre's career, simply because the Packers won't have the talent for a winning season.

He should have finished on a team that has a chance and let Green Bay continue to rebuild. As much as I like and respect the guy, I think this is a bad decision (especially because it appears that his heart's not in it 100%).
Old 04-26-2006   #17
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

he wants another concussion

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #18
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullpen Drew
he wants another concussion
Maybe that's it. He doesn't seem like he's all there these days. I figured he was wrestling with the problems he had a few years ago.
Old 04-26-2006   #19
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
The pack has gone from 3-13 to 5-11. Nice

lol, well at least it takes them out of contention for the #1 overall pick NEXT year. Still top 10 though.

My take is draft Vernon Davis. Javon Walker does NOT want to be there.

The fact that he's coming back still doesn't change the fact they have no talent and no chance of making the playoffs.
Old 04-26-2006   #20
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet every DB that gets to face them this year si rubbing their hands together dreaming of all those picks that are coming their way.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read