Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-25-2006   #1
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns
Default Skip Bayless Really doesn't like Reggie

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...t&lid=tab5pos1
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #2
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Skip Bayless is such a tool.

The outrage that leads to "keep 2005 blank" is so phony. No one is going to remember this in five years. Heck, maybe 2 years.
Old 04-25-2006   #3
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Before everyone jumps my case about being a reggie lover, I am simply stating that since the Rose Bowl, Bayless has wrote about 3 articles about why the Texans would be stupid to pass YOung & has constantly tried to bring down Reggie. This article & him on 1st & 10 today just seem like he is trying to make this a lot lot bigger than it is.
Old 04-25-2006   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i really have no clue how bayless can form words into sentences.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #5
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna
i really have no clue how bayless can form words into sentences.
Agreed. I had never seen what he looks like until today. First time I have ever watched 1st and 10. The whole time he was talking, I was like "Who is this Toon?" Then when I heard who it was I said "Ah, now it all makes sense." How can guys like that get a job in this business & I can't?
Old 04-25-2006   #6
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip
Skip Bayless is such a tool.

The outrage that leads to "keep 2005 blank" is so phony. No one is going to remember this in five years. Heck, maybe 2 years.
Who is still up in arms about LeBron James' mother and the Hummer she purchased when he was still in high school?
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Bayless is about as useful as a poopie flavored lollipop.
Old 04-25-2006   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan
Who is still up in arms about LeBron James' mother and the Hummer she purchased when he was still in high school?
are you kidding, i'm still writing letters to the NBA every single day about this.

that's a good analogy actually. both #1 prospects who had this story break right before the draft. the NCAA will do nothing about this and bush will have a 70-yard TD in his first game it'll never be brought up again.
Old 04-25-2006   #9
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

If Skip doesn't like Bush, that is all the more reason for us to draft him.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #10
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
are you kidding, i'm still writing letters to the NBA every single day about this.

that's a good analogy actually. both #1 prospects who had this story break right before the draft. the NCAA will do nothing about this and bush will have a 70-yard TD in his first game it'll never be brought up again.
Bush wont have a 70 yard TD in his CAREER. Mark it.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
Bush wont have a 70 yard TD in his CAREER. Mark it.
allright. i'll get back to you in 15 years.
Old 04-25-2006   #12
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
allright. i'll get back to you in 15 years.
No need...he'll be out of the NFL in 3

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 04-25-2006   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

will he and young be alternating shifts mopping the waffle house bathroom?
Old 04-25-2006   #14
Mailman04
Veteran

Skip Bra-less is a real authority on who the Texans should draft or anyone else for that matter. He is an idiot.
Mailman04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #15
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion
I really can't stand the guy. He is awful as a fill in for Rome also. What an b@#!%

Whoa, I'm bookmarking this. Sort of like when Barkley said Yao wouldn't score 20. Guess we will see. If you are going to be behind Bush when we draft him you better start putting on your game(fan) face.
I'll be behind who we draft WHEN we draft him....as far as im concerned, im getting all my thoughts out into the open before saturday, cause i wont do it after then. Feel free to bookmark my entire post history.....Im not exactly covert about what i feel. Till saturday, im still gonna make my predictions and hope against hope we dont get reggie.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 04-25-2006   #16
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

Quote:
I'll be behind who we draft WHEN we draft him....as far as im concerned, im getting all my thoughts out into the open before saturday, cause i wont do it after then. Feel free to bookmark my entire post history.....Im not exactly covert about what i feel. Till saturday, im still gonna make my predictions and hope against hope we dont get reggie.
Dude, this is dangerously close to a VY man-crush ...
Old 04-25-2006   #17
trutxn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags
Before everyone jumps my case about being a reggie lover, I am simply stating that since the Rose Bowl, Bayless has wrote about 3 articles about why the Texans would be stupid to pass YOung & has constantly tried to bring down Reggie. This article & him on 1st & 10 today just seem like he is trying to make this a lot lot bigger than it is.

I don't think any one can deny that Reggie and Mario are both great players, its not a hit on either of them. The fact of the matter is the Texans have a "possiblity" of having something more special than even Reggie could provide. If Vince came in and showed the work ethic and consistent progression that he showed in college, he would have Houston at the top of the sports world for the next 10 years. Not just the next 5 or 6.

Players love playing on the same team as Vince, he drives everyone to be better. Since he touches the ball every play, he has the ability to make everyone on offense better. Reggie may be in every play, but he will not touch it every play, and he won't share the wealth like Vince. Even a great decoy only goes so far in the NFL.

As far as Mario Williams goes, he will be great. But he too is not the one player on the team that shares the wealth (QB). A QB of Vince's stature (Not Vicks) could change the game.

For those who say its not possible to change the game, ask yourself how come the wishbone offense is becoming extinct?
trutxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #18
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Bayless also said that the Raiders are going to be SOL when the Packers select Darnell Bing 5th overall because the Raiders are dying to take him at 7...

1st and 10 = best show on TV...
Old 04-25-2006   #19
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Quote:
OMG, SWT is Rich Lord!!! I had no idea!!!

Just messing with you dude...
Old 04-26-2006   #20
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

So let me see if I have this straight, if anyone wants VY to be drafted by the Texans they are: dumb, idiots, not "real" fans, have man-crushes on VY, are T-sips, and clueless? Yeah, I understand. Just because people don't share your choice doesn't make them any of the above. It makes you look silly. Besides i'm sure most of you pumping Bush's name now probably never even heard of the guy til December (Fresno State game) anyway.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read