Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-25-2006   #1
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA
Default Gallery Furniture...

is running a FULL PAGE ad on Thursday in the Chronic that says at the top - PLEASE PICK VINCE and has a pic of Vince running the ball.

Another full page ad-assault is coming our way.

Keep hope a lie!
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #2
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Where did you hear about that?

Loving our local sports guys is so disgusting. I'm outraged!
Old 04-25-2006   #3
LoneStarState
Veteran

Maybe he should "SAVE - HIS - MONEY" and buy his own team.
Old 04-25-2006   #4
DRAMA
All Pro

or...

PLEASE PICK Someone other than who he says!

Sincerely,

Star Furniture
Old 04-25-2006   #5
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

It's all good for me. Some of you are taking this too seriously. It's a game folks! I like it that our city has taken such a passionate interest regarding it's football team. Imagine what it'll be like when we finally make the playoffs! By the way, someone should run a full page Reggie Bush ad. to counter the VY supporters.
Old 04-25-2006   #6
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer
It's all good for me. Some of you are taking this too seriously. It's a game folks! I like it that our city has taken such a passionate interest regarding it's football team. Imagine what it'll be like when we finally make the playoffs! By the way, someone should run a full page Reggie Bush ad. to counter the VY supporters.
Michael Michaels!

Old 04-25-2006   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it is great that a local company is doing that. I hope that VY goes to the Raiders and we cut DC in two years and VY comes back home to Texas to do the work that the Fresno Kid could not.
Old 04-25-2006   #8
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

I've never liked Gallery Furniture and don't think I ever will
Old 04-25-2006   #9
DRAMA
All Pro

I agree - I think it's all fun. However, to Mac..once he hits a tangent, he goes nuts!

Otherwise - it's just great drama (No pun intended)!
Old 04-25-2006   #10
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I think it is great that a local company is doing that. I hope that VY goes to the Raiders and we cut DC in two years and VY comes back home to Texas to do the work that the Fresno Kid could not.
Aw . . whatsomatter? You don't trust Kubiak, Sherman, McNair to make the proper football decision.

Take your marketing, hometown flavor and hang it in your . . .
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #11
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Vince Young is so elusive that he can walk the entire path through Gallery Furniture and only be asked "Is anyone helping you?" 1 time
Old 04-25-2006   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Aw . . whatsomatter? You don't trust Kubiak, Sherman, McNair to make the proper football decision.

Take your marketing, hometown flavor and hang it in your . . .
I trust they made a decision and I trust they will have execution problems with Carr as the former staff did, but I will digress on that beat horse.

Marketing, nah. Just makes for a good story for a franchise that has not had many. Sending a kid in from California to do a Texan's job is hard work.
Old 04-25-2006   #13
Caesar
Veteran

Mack just lost himself a bunch of Aggie customers.
Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #14
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

What an embarassment to our city (this instance).

I love the charitable work he does, but leave running our sports teams up to the people that own/run them. If you pulled every advertising dollar I promise you they'd find someone else willing to pay it. Paying for advertising at games and buying front row seats does not give you power to use your clout to cry and whine about how the team is ran.
Old 04-25-2006   #15
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

This will be the 2nd full page ad taken out by Holly F. Mackenvale. Too stupid to know that this type of stunt will only make McNair dig his heels, if anything, against the local marketing special interest groups.

Either that, or he wants all the sad VY faces from the draft party to over and buy some furniture, and give a 2% discount to everyone who still says "Keep hope alive"!

Last edited by Marcus; 04-25-2006 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-25-2006   #16
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar
Why? Is he asking the Texans to take a Longhorn instead of an Aggie?
Old 04-25-2006   #17
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar
Maybe they'll take a hint on where to hold their next bonfire.
Old 04-25-2006   #18
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
Vince Young is so elusive that he can walk the entire path through Gallery Furniture and only be asked "Is anyone helping you?" 1 time
No way. Breaking the laws of physics is one thing, avoiding a commissioned sales person is quite another.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #19
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

My wife, who is a media buyer for a advertising agency calculated the cost of the full page ad in the Chronicle at $34,701. That is for a non-color ad on the weekday.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #20
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
My wife, who is a media buyer for a advertising agency calculated the cost of the full page ad in the Chronicle at $34,701. That is for a non-color ad on the weekday.
Wow, what a waste of money...Mac can't honestly think that this will sway the Texans FO, he's probably just trying to play to the Longhorn faithful and get a few more people into his store to buy some crappy Bob Timberlake recliners...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read