Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-25-2006   #1
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A Kubiak Dynasty

I am feeling this whole beginning of a new era thing and I have gotta say that I really hope that we can sit here in 10 years time and still be talking about the great job that Kubiak is doing.

I am assuming that he will be a great HC in saying this of course.

I look at what the Steelers have with Cowher and just admire that so much.

Any thoughts about having a good coach and then sticking with them through thick and thin??
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #2
abbest
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan
I am feeling this whole beginning of a new era thing and I have gotta say that I really hope that we can sit here in 10 years time and still be talking about the great job that Kubiak is doing.

Any thoughts about having a good coach and then sticking with them through thick and thin??
Gary should had been the first and only coach of the Texans . McNair realized what a blunder he made in choosing Capers. It`s a blessing Gary was still available. Gary will be coaching here for a while .
abbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #3
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbest
Gary should had been the first and only coach of the Texans . McNair realized what a blunder he made in choosing Capers. It`s a blessing Gary was still available. Gary will be coaching here for a while .
I agree. But the reason Kubs was bypassed the first time was because Bob Mc thought he needed a little more seasoning before making the big move. I can't say I would stand behind him through thick and thin yet, I want to see a year BEFORE I evaluate him. If he has 4 losing seasons in a row, you think he would still be a head coach for the 5th?
Old 04-25-2006   #4
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:

I predict his "dynasty" lasts about the term of his current contract.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #5
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo
Well of course you do ... You're Bobo, the 'chicken little, glass-half-empty, pessimistic, what have the Texans done lately, whinnin' assed, no faith havin' titan lovin' troll. OMG you'd better pull a houdini when my Texans come alive this season cuz I can assure you sir, I as well as many other on this board will do our best to do the & say we told you so. Especially when we drag your titans up & down Reliant field for 4 quarters, leavin you squealin' from the feelin'.

EDIT: Sorry mods, I couldn't help myself ... this guy makes my *** wanna dip o snuff!
Old 04-25-2006   #6
champ1234
Rookie

Quote:
I was waiting for you to chime in, Bobo. We all know your stand on Kubiac and how "horrible" he has done this offseason. I personally am proud of the franchise's moves this offseason and believe these moves will improve this team this upcoming season and possibly for the long-haul.

I'm with the original poster. I am very excited about this draft and the upcoming season.
champ1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #7
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ1234
I was waiting for you to chime in, Bobo. We all know your stand on Kubiac and how "horrible" he has done this offseason.
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2006   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44115 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

kubiacs odds of success have improved the timing could not be better.....there is no where to go but up
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #9
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachJim
Well of course you do ... You're Bobo, the 'chicken little, glass-half-empty, pessimistic, what have the Texans done lately, whinnin' assed, no faith havin' titan lovin' troll. OMG you'd better pull a houdini when my Texans come alive this season cuz I can assure you sir, I as well as many other on this board will do our best to do the & say we told you so. Especially when we drag your titans up & down Reliant field for 4 quarters, leavin you squealin' from the feelin'.

EDIT: Sorry mods, I couldn't help myself ... this guy makes my *** wanna dip o snuff!
A.) Didn't like the Oilers when they were in Houston, certainly don't care for them now in Tenn. B.) I believe, in the long run, it'll be me who will be saying I told you so. C.) I could care less who wins the Titans vs. Texans game. I used to -- until Kubiak came on board. D.) Stop
Old 04-25-2006   #10
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
A.) Didn't like the Oilers when they were in Houston, certainly don't care for them now in Tenn. B.) I believe, in the long run, it'll be me who will be saying I told you so. C.) I could care less who wins the Titans vs. Texans game. I used to -- until Kubiak came on board. D.) Stop
Are you for real?
Old 04-25-2006   #11
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

Quote:
Well you just keep right on believin' MsCleo ... We all know how good that crystal balls worked for you so far.
Old 04-25-2006   #12
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachJim
Well you just keep right on believin' MsCleo ... We all know how good that crystal balls worked for you so far.
I don't believe I have any hits or misses yet. But here's one:

Opposing defensive coordinator looking at films of the Texans offensive line before the start of the 2006 season.
Old 04-25-2006   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan
I agree. But the reason Kubs was bypassed the first time was because Bob Mc thought he needed a little more seasoning before making the big move. I can't say I would stand behind him through thick and thin yet, I want to see a year BEFORE I evaluate him. If he has 4 losing seasons in a row, you think he would still be a head coach for the 5th?

I agree with Abbest.... even though the reason you just stated, was given by both McNair & Kubiak(what did you expect him to say??). But ever since we decided to run a "Denver-type" of run offense, I wondered why we didn't just Hire Kubiak the first time.

Now, I'd love for Kubiak to be our Fisher, our Cowher. I'm really impressed to see the change in direction from overpaying older veterans(has beens) to getting some young blood in here through Free Agency....... & some high character guys who should prove to be true leaders on our team.

I know..... this wasn't started off as a Vince/Bush thread, so I'm moving my the rest of my post.
Old 04-25-2006   #14
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Now, I'd love for Kubiak to be our Fisher, our Cowher. I'm really impressed to see the change in direction from overpaying older veterans(has beens) to getting some young blood in here through Free Agency....... & some high character guys who should prove to be true leaders on our team.

I know..... this wasn't started off as a Vince/Bush thread, so I'm moving my the rest of my post.
Fisher, there is another guy who has had a long tenure and has a real commitment from the FO. There is something cool about that.

Thanks for keeping this RB/VY free.

Also I understand that the average coaching life span is less than 5 years, but is that always for the best?

Look at Sherman who is with us now, he took his team to the playoffs year after year, then a bad season and he is gone... I don't get it. Did he forget how to coach?
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #15
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I've actually seen Brokeback Mountain and......

Quote:

Memo to Dom Capers.

Do not go into a tent alone with Bobo.

Genius, I say: Link: My Bobo Theory

Bobo actually says thought provoking things every once in a while. The reflexive pessimism and negativity and the way he says them makes most of his posts hard to take seriously as anything other than look-at-me trolling. (Well, and the repeated Cowher/Holmgren = Capers point of view makes me giggle too). I do appreciate people thinking about stuff and not just doing a herd mentality about things, but if you actually care about adding thoughtful dialogue, tone does matter. There is a way of playing devil's advocate on things without being unpleasant.

An example: I like eating pie. With a fork. On a plate. I don't much care for it in my face though.

I am guessing this analogy gets lost.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #16
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Kubiak has done wonders so far...i cant wait to see what this team will look like 3 seasons from now.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #17
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
Kubiak has done wonders so far...i cant wait to see what this team will look like 3 seasons from now.
He hasn't won a single game yet.
Old 04-25-2006   #18
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Bobo actually says thought provoking things every once in a while. The reflexive pessimism and negativity and the way he says them makes most of his posts hard to take seriously as anything other than look-at-me trolling. (Well, and the repeated Cowher/Holmgren = Capers point of view makes me giggle too). I do appreciate people thinking about stuff and not just doing a herd mentality about things, but if you actually care about adding thoughtful dialogue, tone does matter. There is a way of playing devil's advocate on things without being unpleasant. An example: I like eating pie. With a fork. On a plate. I don't much care for it in my face though.

I am guessing this analogy gets lost.
A.) Oh, come about midseason, you will take what I have said *very* seriously, I am sure. But then again, I am sure the die-hard Kubiak supporters will never admit they are wrong and will continue to blame Capers. It will be interesting to see how long they take this track. B.) I haven't brought up the Capers/Cowher/Holmgren analogy for awhile, but it's interesting you brought it up because it obviously seems to have made an impression on you. C.) The pie analogy seems to be more in line with a Geico/Gecko commercial than anything else.
Old 04-25-2006   #19
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I look at what the Steelers have with Cowher and just admire that so much. Any thoughts about having a good coach and then sticking with them through thick and thin??
Seeing that the Texans had one and got rid of him, I don't think that policy is part of the Texans' thinking. If they would have had Cowher, they probably would have fired him when his team went 6-10 after regressing seven games in two years while Capers regressed five.
Old 04-25-2006   #20
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

To me at the time Caper was hired, Kubiak was likely McNair's second choice.
Obviously, he made a wrong choice.

And yes, I hope this will be the beginning of something special.
SAMURAITEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read