Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-25-2006   #1
light
Rookie

Default houston texans trade up from second round to position themselves for vince young

i agree, the texans should trade up from the 33 pick to the packers 5th pick the day of the draft. i dont care if they have to give up four picks for vince young it would be worth it. i know that if kubiak developed an athletic winner like vince he will be able to carry us to a super bowl. david carr is still an unproven quarterback who came out of the 2002 draft possibly the worst draft ever. you cant foget the the fact that vince young only lost two college games one of which he only played half the game. also vince had over 3000 yards last year and carried his offense to a national championship . it is true what sports analyst say about his weird throwing motion and the fact he mostly played in a spread out shotgun offense. but if you think thatvince doesnt have what it takes your just plain stupid. hes got heart. anyways reggie bush and vince young would keep defensive coordinators up all night.reggie bush mvp 07 vince mvp 08
light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #2
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

Like it matters who you have back there without an offensive line.
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #3
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Never happen, too costly, plus we need those other picks to address other key areas, especially an O-lineman with #33.
Old 04-25-2006   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan
Never happen, too costly, plus we need those other picks to address other key areas, especially an O-lineman with #33.
I agree. It would be nice to trade up but we have needs and considering the drop off in talent after the first 15 picks or so it would be wise to stay in the second unless we can come up that high.

But if you are fantasizing well, it would be a good deal for us because even if Young is gone by #6, you can still pick up AJ Hawk or someone.

Oh by the way. Your Title to your post made me spill my drink at my desk because I thought you were saying they actually did this.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #5
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

As Rich Lord would say:

Keep Hope Alive!!!
Old 04-25-2006   #6
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't wait until the draft is over and done with...
Old 04-25-2006   #7
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlered
Layoff the Crack Pipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
have you had a post yet where you weren't putting down someone?
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2006   #8
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Another last-ditch, mostly illiterate pro-VY post that successfuly avoids virtually any appearance of logical thought.

Only 5 days to go ... :brickwall
Old 04-25-2006   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I am a Vince Supporter.... a Vince politician........ a Vince Homer.

I've painted my car burnt orange, with a big "10" on both doors.......

But I would never, never.......... never ever ever ever......... do anything like that.

My whole contention is that a QB, like Vince comes along every so often...... I'm thinking McNabb/Culpepper, with the leadership of Troy Aikman/Joe Montana.

If you are in a position to get him, you do it. Until then, play the game with your Bledsoes..... your Plummers........ your David Carrs......

But there is so much Risk in these players, that I would never trade up, over extend myself to take such a player.... If we needed to move from 10 to 5..... I can see that. But not from 33.......... no way. Not me, not for Vince.
Old 04-25-2006   #10
texanfan2100
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by light
i agree, the texans should trade up from the 33 pick to the packers 5th pick the day of the draft. i dont care if they have to give up four picks for vince young it would be worth it. i know that if kubiak developed an athletic winner like vince he will be able to carry us to a super bowl. david carr is still an unproven quarterback who came out of the 2002 draft possibly the worst draft ever. you cant foget the the fact that vince young only lost two college games one of which he only played half the game. also vince had over 3000 yards last year and carried his offense to a national championship . it is true what sports analyst say about his weird throwing motion and the fact he mostly played in a spread out shotgun offense. but if you think thatvince doesnt have what it takes your just plain stupid. hes got heart. anyways reggie bush and vince young would keep defensive coordinators up all night.reggie bush mvp 07 vince mvp 08
Wow!! What a new an original argument. I haven't heard any of these claims in campaigning for Vince for the past, what has it been, two or three years now.

They're not taking Vince. Even if they traded up to the fifth pick in the first round, it wouldn't be to take Vince. The more people hold on to the hope of drafting Vince, the more pissed people are gonna be on draft day. He's gonna be a good nfl quarterback, but it won't be in Houston.
texanfan2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #11
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see it happening.........
Old 04-25-2006   #12
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I see us trading up in down a lot with our other selections this year. I think we stay at #1 overall though. I just don't see a likely scenario where this team gets Bush and Young this season. Ain't going to happen.
Old 04-25-2006   #13
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

I see this as likely as VY running to his left and completeing a pass (which if you've wathced alot of tape you'd know that it rarely happens). All of VY's highlight runs have him going to his right.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy
I see this as likely as VY running to his left and completeing a pass (which if you've wathced alot of tape you'd know that it rarely happens). All of VY's highlight runs have him going to his right.

all??
Old 04-25-2006   #15
Mailman04
Veteran

David Carr is unproven, but Vince isn't? Get over it, Houston isn't wasting a pick on Vince Young, much less four picks.
Mailman04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #16
Texaneyes
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayseed2002
If they could do that...... I would never gripe about paying $10 per beer!!!! Some way.... they have got to get Young...... or they will be kicking themselves in the butt for the next 12 years!
I'd agree 100 % except that I think Vince will be an NFL superstar for many more than 12 years.

All this insane blather and TV hype about little Reggie make me have nightmares that the Houston Texans will screw this up.

It's obvious why Vince Young must be the choice for the Houston Texans

1. The fans: Vince Young is LITERALLY a Texan from Houston.

The Houston Texans will stop being the other NFL team in Texas instantly. Pick anybody else, and the Texans will continue to be subordinate to the real team in Texas. Has anybody noticed that men, women, and children all over the state are wearing replicas of Vince’s #10 college jersey. The immense majority of fans in the state of Texas want Vince Young to stay here.

2. The superstar: Vince Young is a once-in-a-lifetime talent.

All the naysayers at ESPN seem concerned that Vince Young is too talented: Too big, too fast, too powerful and accurate a passer, to effective a leader, too capable under pressure. What are these people smoking? ESPN ranked Texas number 1 for the coming NCAA season if Vince stayed with the Longhorns, but out of the top ten without him!
Does their boss have a kid at USC? What’s going on?

3. The career: Only a great QB can turn a losing team into a winner.

RBs, DBs, and so on, do not turn teams around. There are noRBs like Barry Sanders, Eric Dickersons, OJs, and the like available this year. But even if someone like them were, such an RB wouldn’t make the difference. Look at NFL history, for goodness sake!

But look at QBs. The great ones transform teams. Vince Young is as big as Big Ben, as good a passer as Marino, and as effective a runner as Michael Vick. Young’s teammates from middle school on up have loved him and trusted him, and he’s made his teams winners.
Texaneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #17
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
all??
The rollouots that included the pass...yes ALL of them are to the right side of the feild. Can he run left...most certainly; can he run left then throw...I don't know, as he might be able to but he doesn't do it in games very often, and when he does it never makes the highlights.

It's probably something he just needs to work on.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince already put on a Titans jersey on a visit to a Houston area school. He's out.

J/K I want him but Bush will be our man.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy
The rollouots that included the pass...yes ALL of them are to the right side of the feild. Can he run left...most certainly; can he run left then throw...I don't know, as he might be able to but he doesn't do it in games very often, and when he does it never makes the highlights.

It's probably something he just needs to work on.
Not to slam you, because I'm also not sold on the greatness of VY...

But most people have a hard time running to the left and throwing, if they throw right handed, and most people have a hard time running to the right and throwing if they throw left handed.

Throwing cross-body while running is pretty hard.

Now to the originator of this thread:

Anyways, my knock against VY is apples-to-apples he doesn't compare to how Reggie Bush has graded out with all the scouts and rankings analysts.

All of these guys could be busts...but I'd wager real money on Bush in terms of "who" has the best chance to succeed (1) right away, and (2)against any opponent, and (3) for a long duration.

I see VY needing at least one full season (ala Eli Manning) before he's ready for what NFL defenses throw at QBs. Being a QB might as well be the equivalent of being a bull rider: Lots of glory, but high risk for injury.

It's going to be Bush if the contract is right...or it will be a trade. And the trade won;t be for Vince Young. I get it, I really do: VY is a talented player and I won't knock him. But he's not right for this Texans team. It's all about timing, and he's come along at the wrong time. Carr is the guy according to our ownership and GM, and it's why Capers was fired and Kubiak was hired. Period.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #20
whiskeyrbl

The only trades left IMO if we keep the #1 pick, would be to package our #66, and #98 to move back into the mid 2rd.But as far as moving up to get Vince. We don't have that kind of $$$$$$$$ for 1,and don't think we want to leave this draft with only 2 picks,because it would cost us the rest of what we have to do it. Not worth it!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read