Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-24-2006   #1
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Default Ive switched to the Mario camp

lets get into Mario's world. I've officially switched camps from Bush to Williams. I wouldnt be devestated if we took bush, but i think our whole defense would improve from Williams, we have had a pathetic pass rush and good defensive lineman are hard to find. They play longer and have longer careers.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #2
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

WE need to fix the lines. Williams in the first and Winston in the second. Makes the lines stout and the rest will fill out. I still think bush will be a star, just not on this team.
Old 04-24-2006   #3
TreWardTxn
Veteran

Just for the record; what's got you switching? Something you heard, or something you saw?
TreWardTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #4
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

i had been close for a while, but that last article from ESPN really drove it home. i'd prefer to trade down and get him, but it seems that it isn't possible.
Old 04-24-2006   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ael&id=2419503

what this article? not bad IMO
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome to the party we have been expecting you. Standard fare around here - you have your cap locks on the left, enter on the right and escape in the upper left hand corner.
Old 04-24-2006   #7
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
lets get into Mario's world.
I just can't do it. Not with the #1 overall. I think Mario will be great, but I'm still on the Bush bandwagon. The more RB gets slammed the more I feel he'll take it out on NFL defenses.

Plus, I'm a true Leo. I'm very, very stubborn. My opinions are not easily swayed by articulate summations of arguments I've already heard for months. I've softened my stance more than I thought I would, and I've come to peace with the thought of rooting for Bush to succeed elsewhere and hoping it's not Tennessee. Don't want to face him twice a year, motivated as he will be if he feels we slighted him.

I understand and respect your opinion, but I'm not jumping ship. Starting to look a bit crowded on the Good Ship Mario anyhow.

Vince Lombardi
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-24-2006   #8
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I see no reason why I should jump ship specially now with the draft so close. And I do admit that that article was well written and reasonable, but I still think Reggie Bush should be a Houston Texan.
Old 04-24-2006   #9
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

I've switched to the "Let's get this draft over so the real complaining can begin" camp. Really, I'd be happy with Bush, Young, Ferguson or Williams or a trade down and pick up any of those. I'd be worried if we drop below #4. I just think the drop off is steep after those 4. Trading below 4 would take a monster deal for me to feel satisfied.

Bottom line is the players that the Texans draft will get my support no matter what. Come on Saturday!
Old 04-24-2006   #10
TexansCanes
All Pro

I have a question here, why doesn't Mario Just take the contract offer from the texans assuming all the reports about the negotiations are true. It has been widely reported that if there isn't a deal between the texans and reggie or mario than they would take the best player available which according to many, is reggie bush. so the only way that the texans would take mario at this point is if he is signed before the draft. reports are that the money isn't above alex smith money at this point but would mario get that with the second pick, i don't think so. i will say most of my info is coming from the sportscenter draft special so i'm not sure if all of this info is actually correct but it seems the best thing for mario to do is agree to the deal and hope bush prices himself out of the top pick. of course it could be that the texans through out a bad deal at mario to see if he takes it and i am not as clever as i thought.
Old 04-24-2006   #11
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
lets get into Mario's world. I've officially switched camps from Bush to Williams. I wouldnt be devestated if we took bush, but i think our whole defense would improve from Williams, we have had a pathetic pass rush and good defensive lineman are hard to find. They play longer and have longer careers.
well i switched for mario to bush. so no need to change the population signs.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor
I've switched to the "Let's get this draft over so the real complaining can begin" camp. Really, I'd be happy with Bush, Young, Ferguson or Williams or a trade down and pick up any of those. I'd be worried if we drop below #4. I just think the drop off is steep after those 4. Trading below 4 would take a monster deal for me to feel satisfied.

Bottom line is the players that the Texans draft will get my support no matter what. Come on Saturday!
I agree with you except on the Young part. Substitute AJ Hawk for Young

The drop off is EXTREME after Bush/Ferguson/Williams/Hawk.

I'm still on the Bush bandwagon but a great trade will make me happy, too. And I won't "cry" if we get Ferguson or Williams or Hawk. Just happen to think it's Bush or trade out.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #13
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Welcome aboard the gravy train!

I think the bang for the buck here and talent wise. He is a monster pass rush but EQUALLY good at stopping the run. How can thee go wrong?

MARIO!!!! and Winston in the 2nd.

You win the battles in the TRENCHES!!!!
Old 04-24-2006   #14
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
I agree with you except on the Young part. Substitute AJ Hawk for Young

The drop off is EXTREME after Bush/Ferguson/Williams/Hawk.

I'm still on the Bush bandwagon but a great trade will make me happy, too. And I won't "cry" if we get Ferguson or Williams or Hawk. Just happen to think it's Bush or trade out.
I still have hope on getting Ferguson.
From what CC said on the FSN special, Ferguson is #3 on their board.IMO
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #15
Zac
Rookie

If the Texans build an elite offense machine and ignore the defense, it will be a repeat of the Indianapolis Colts Machine of Manning and James!!

Regular Season wins and early playoff game loses!

It's a Cliche, but elite defenses and average offenses win playoff games including super bowls. Baltimore just amazed me with that crap offense they put on the field; but the result was a super bowl.

I really want Reggie Bush, but I'm not a coach (I know that games are won in the trenches). I expect the Coaches to access the talent level around the team and pick the best player; not the popular media darling.
Zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #16
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
I wish I had Monarch's talent of writing eloquent-sounding fluff that I could welcome you to Mario's camp, but unfortunately I can't do that so you'll have to settle for me simply saying welcome to the good side.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read