Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-24-2006   #1
battlered

Default AJ & Moulds

What are your thoughts on AJ & EMO's production/stats for this year are?
Who will have the better year?
Who will benefit from the other player the most?

-IMHO
I think Moulds will have to perform real well throughout the year of course! but he will have to play at his best, as i think most of his receptions will come at the beginning of the season.

Teams will still double the younger more talented AJ vs. the aging and regressing wideout in EMO, so Emo will have to make productive catches early on to make the opposing D to now either double up on Emo or just not doubleing AJ as much. With that, once they stop doubleteaming AJ as much, AJ must show us that he can get through coverage and make the plays that we expect of him. Of course, w/ getting Bush pretty much in the books, than that will help out a lot too!
- And if both Emo and Aj can play like that this season or better, than it's pretty much a PICK YOUR POISON for the opposing D-Fence
Old 04-24-2006   #2
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

It's tough to say. I would have to say AJ benefits most. Moulds has produced big numbers every year despite being double covered alot. If defenses are forced to pay attention to Moulds then AJ will absolutely explode this season, dominating single coverage and running free in the secondary. If teams cotinue to double and triple cover AJ, Moulds will have a career year.
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #3
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42947 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese
It's tough to say. I would have to say AJ benefits most. Moulds has produced big numbers every year despite being double covered alot. If defenses are forced to pay attention to Moulds then AJ will absolutely explode this season, dominating single coverage and running free in the secondary. If teams cotinue to double and triple cover AJ, Moulds will have a career year.
Hey a bit off topic.....is your avitar from the original final fantasy?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #4
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

No idea, I took it from the Black Mage comics.
Old 04-24-2006   #5
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Hmm...I see them both gettin 800 + receiving yards...They better at least...

Also...I think AJ will benefit more from Moulds and I think there year will be about equal.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #6
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I think Moulds will end up getting more catches but Andre will end up getting more receiving yards and more TDs as he'll be more of the deep threat with Moulds on the shorter routes, hopefully Jerome Mathis will learn to be a real WR and we can get him in on more deep routes too, otherwise we're stuck with Walters as our #3 WR.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #7
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Based on how aggressivley they pursued him in free agency, Kubiak doesn't view that as a bad thing. I like the idea of having three big physical guys who can go up and fight for the ball. Add Putzier and that's alot of size at receiver.
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2006   #8
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think BOTH will be fine. I really like this duo, both tall receivers will give the opposing DB's headache! I don't believe about him being too old to help this team. Usually, wideouts last a long time.
Old 04-25-2006   #9
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Id much rather have Walters be our #3 than Mathis. Mathis is a KR who is very raw at WR. All he gives you is speed with little to no hands. Can you say Bradford Jr.?
Old 04-25-2006   #10
cflfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17
Id much rather have Walters be our #3 than Mathis. Mathis is a KR who is very raw at WR. All he gives you is speed with little to no hands. Can you say Bradford Jr.?
Are the texans not going to resign Armstrong?
cflfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #11
SESupergenius

The bigger question is how will Carr be in the new scheme and will he have protection enough to make AJ and Moulds reach their potential
Old 04-25-2006   #12
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflfan
Are the texans not going to resign Armstrong?
I havent heard anything about Armstrong, but I think Walters is gonna be a hell of a WR for us.
Old 04-25-2006   #13
wrestler4life
Veteran

I think that Moulds will do more just for teaching the other recievers than he will on the field. But I think that he will have a productive year, as will AJ and #3?
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #14
OhBF

HI, Bills Fan here just dropping in with a few words on Moulds. I find it slightly amusing that Moulds refused to take a pay cut with the Bills and then signed with you for a lot less than he was scheduled to make in Buffalo. Yet I believe he was getting frustrated in Buffalo with the revolving door at the QB position, so there probably was more to it than just $$$.

No offense, but the Texans aren't what anyone would call a successful team (neither has Buffalo been a number of years now too) and unless that O-Line (probably the worst in the league the past couple of years) is fixed, it could be more frustration for Eric this coming year.

Then there's the "character" issue. While Moulds may not be a responsible "parent", I don't think the Texans signed him for his parental skills anyway. What they did get was a WR who is very physical and one that possesses excellent hands. He still has enough speed to hurt teams as well, even if he's lost half a step or so. He also keeps himself in great shape so he very well could play all four years the Texans signed him for.

Buffalo has lost a high quality WR, but our loss was your gain and you got him at a very reasonable price (for the Texans that is). I wish Eric well.

Good luck this coming year.
Old 04-26-2006   #15
Hawg
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBF
HI, Bills Fan here just dropping in with a few words on Moulds. I find it slightly amusing that Moulds refused to take a pay cut with the Bills and then signed with you for a lot less than he was scheduled to make in Buffalo. Yet I believe he was getting frustrated in Buffalo with the revolving door at the QB position, so there probably was more to it than just $$$.

No offense, but the Texans aren't what anyone would call a successful team (neither has Buffalo been a number of years now too) and unless that O-Line (probably the worst in the league the past couple of years) is fixed, it could be more frustration for Eric this coming year.

Then there's the "character" issue. While Moulds may not be a responsible "parent", I don't think the Texans signed him for his parental skills anyway. What they did get was a WR who is very physical and one that possesses excellent hands. He still has enough speed to hurt teams as well, even if he's lost half a step or so. He also keeps himself in great shape so he very well could play all four years the Texans signed him for.

Buffalo has lost a high quality WR, but our loss was your gain and you got him at a very reasonable price (for the Texans that is). I wish Eric well.

Hey have you heard that we dont pay a state income tax.
Old 04-26-2006   #16
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBF

Hey, Bills fan, any idea what Moulds 40 speed is? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #17
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestler4life
I think that Moulds will do more just for teaching the other recievers than he will on the field. But I think that he will have a productive year, as will AJ and #3?
Which is what our WR corp has lacked since the beginning. They never got vet leadership at the position and threw young WR and said learn. I think Moulds will have a big year, but if all he does is teach our guys how to be productive in the NFL, then he is worth it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read