Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-24-2006   #1
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2006 Round 1 Mock

1. New York Jets: Matt Leinart, QB, USC
2. New Orleans: Mario Williams, DE, N.C. State
3. Tennessee Titans: Vince Young, QB, Texas
4. San Francisco 49ers: Reggie Bush, RB, USC
5. Green Bay Packers: A.J. Hawk, LB, Ohio State
6. Houston Texans: D’Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
7. Oakland Raiders: Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon
8. Buffalo Bills: Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland
9. Detroit Lions: Michael Huff, S, Texas
10. Arizona Cardinals: Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt
11. St Louis Rams: Jimmy Williams, CB/S, Virginia Tech
12. Cleveland Browns: Broderick Bunkley, DT, Florida State
13. Jacksonville Jaguars: Chad Greenway, LB, Iowa
14. Philadelphia Eagles: Winston Justice, OT, USC
15. Denver Broncos: Chad Jackson, WR, Florida e
16. Miami Dolphins: Manny Lawson, DE/LB, N.C. State
17. Minnesota Vikings: Ernie Sims, LB, Florida State
18. Dallas Cowboys: Kamerion Wimbley, DE, Florida State
19. San Diego Chargers: Antonio Cromartie, CB, Florida State
20. Kansas City Chiefs: Jonathan Josepth, CB, South Carolina
21. New England Patriots: Bobby Carpenter, LB, Ohio State
22. Texans: Tye Hil, CB, Clemson
23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Ashton Youboty, CB, Ohio State
24. Cincinnati Bengals: Donte Whitner, S, Ohio State
25. New Giants: Jason Allen, DB, Tennessee
26. Chicago Bears: Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio Stat
27. Carolina Panthers: Deangelo Williams, RB, Memphis
28. Baltimore Ravens: LenDale White, RB, USC
29. Houston Texans: Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
30. Indianapolis Colts: Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota
31. Seattle Seahawks: Kelly Jennings CB Miami
32. Pittsburg Steelers: Joseph Addai, RB, LSU
33. Houston Texans: D'Qwell Jackson LB Maryland
35. Houston Texans: Marcedes Lewis, TE, UCLA

Last edited by Jagsbch; 04-24-2006 at 03:26 PM.
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #2
Mailman04
Veteran

If the Texans traded wtih Jets why would they draft sixth. Jets have fourth pick.
Mailman04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #3
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman04
If the Texans traded wtih Jets why would they draft sixth. Jets have fourth pick.
He has a 3 way trade with Jets, San Fran, and Houston.
Old 04-24-2006   #4
dhaNim
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman04
and to add to that you have us going to trade and then goto 6 and put the 49ers at 4. i understand that maybe you had the texans trade with the jets then trade again with the 9ers. but then you dont have the niners 22nd pick and/or the jets 29th pick going to the texans.
makes no sense!

1. do your homework properly before you make a mock, and if you are gonna have wacky trades then atleast explain them

2. Reggie Bush is not falling to 4. New Orleans will not waste 10 seconds to get that card up to the podium if we pass on him.
dhaNim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #5
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

49ers want to match Smith up with Bush, who will more than likely still be available @#4. Texans have the luxury of actually trading twice in the first Rnd, given their needs supercede making a luxury pick, especially while in position to really rack up much needed picks in the first day of the draft.

6 D’Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
22 Tye Hil, CB, Clemson
29 Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
33 D'Qwell Jackson LB Maryland
35 Marcedes Lewis, TE, UCLA

Last edited by Jagsbch; 04-24-2006 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-24-2006   #6
Jagsbch
Veteran

Look I had a few beers and this is my first mock of the season so please lighten up. I fixed my appearant error of not marking the Texans in the other slots in the first round. I got a little excited which caused me to get a little ahead of myself. I think Bush is overrated.
Old 04-24-2006   #7
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone ever have three 1st round picks before in NFL History? I would imagine it wouldnt be easy to sign them all. A for effort and creativity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-24-2006   #8
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch
Look I had a few beers and this is my first mock of the season so please lighten up. I fixed my appearant error of not marking the Texans in the other slots in the first round. I got a little excited which caused me to get a little ahead of myself. I think Bush is overrated.
We can tell you are not a RB fan. So please step aside.... The best player in the draft going 4th. PLEASE...
Old 04-24-2006   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaNim

2. Reggie Bush is not falling to 4. New Orleans will not waste 10 seconds to get that card up to the podium if we pass on him.
Why would they want Reggie Bush when they have Deuce Mcallister?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #10
Jagsbch
Veteran

Best player in the draft? Quit it now... The hype is out of control... Ever notice that O-line? Byron could be a great RB behind that line.
Old 04-24-2006   #11
Mailman04
Veteran

Bush isn't overrated or overhyped. When you think of that think in terms of Vince Young.
Mailman04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #12
SnakeOilTanker
Veteran

If Bush is overrated NFL execs are overrating him.

He won't fall till four, nor would the Jets trade up to take Leinart. Either Leinart or Young will be aviable at 4, so you would assume if they where dead-set on a QB they would wait. Plus it would be a less expensive deal for them to go get the Saints pick and be guaranteed Leinart
SnakeOilTanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #13
Tha rizzock
Rookie

i ahte that mock way better talent than nagata there at 7
Tha rizzock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #14
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52391 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want to know how the Texans will fit all those top picks under the cap???
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #15
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Move on to version 2 of your mock in a hurry, this one has a ton of room for improvement.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #16
dhaNim
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Young
because he's coming off acl surgery. they drafted Deuce when they had Ricky. they would use Reggie in multiple ways just like we are going to even though we have davis. hes such a valuable weapon.
dhaNim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #17
Tejaspro
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Young
The same reason that the Texans want Reggie Bush, and we have Dominic Davis. Bush sells tickets.
Tejaspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #18
Tejaspro
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch
Best player in the draft? Quit it now... The hype is out of control... Ever notice that O-line? Byron could be a great RB behind that line.
What draft info have been looking at? He is at the top of everyone's draft board. That might indicate that he is considered the "best player in the draft".
Tejaspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #19
Jagsbch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejaspro
What draft info have been looking at? He is at the top of everyone's draft board. That might indicate that he is considered the "best player in the draft".
I don't believe that Bush is on top of every teams draft board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeOilTanker
He won't fall till four, nor would the Jets trade up to take Leinart. Either Leinart or Young will be aviable at 4, so you would assume if they where dead-set on a QB they would wait. Plus it would be a less expensive deal for them to go get the Saints pick and be guaranteed Leinart
Your argument is based on the notion that Texans would not trade to another team. Who's to say the Jets don't have Bush fever? If the Texans are willing to lopside the balance of their roster and cap by overstacking the RB position in place of filling so many needs, so too will other teams with Bush fever IMO.

When the Jets find out that all they have to give up is there 2 1st rnd picks and 71 as opposed to 35 they could do it in a heart beat. I think Houston is well aware that it can trade twice in the first rnd and still land an elite player, not to mention rack picks to fill the many holes on its roster, last I checked there were no holes at the RB position.

Texans can trade down as far as 7th and more than likely still be able to land Brick. So instead of this :brickwall being Carr it could be the opponents DE's banding their heads on a brick wall.

Texans needs supercede taking a luxury pick, especially while possing the most coveted pick in the draft. The potential you get from trading pails in comparison to just taking a player you don't need.

Your 30th ranked passing offense is what needs to be addressed not your 15th ranked rushing offense, a rushing offense mind you that can dramatically be improve with a fortified line.

By trading down you have the potential to fill 4 holes with one pick, as opposed to looking stoned by remaining ignorant to the fact that the offensive line has always been the Texans achilles heel.

How long is the need for an elite OT going to be ignored? Outside of QB, OT is the most important position on the roster. RB falls behind DE and CB, especially if you don't need a RB it slips even further behind even a much needed TE IMO. You don't go to the store to by pudding when you need milk eggs and meat. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat? Letting an elite OT, not to mention filling gaping holes on the roster with addition first rnd picks slip through your fingers for a luxury pick that is not needed is stupid IMO. Taking a luxury pick over filling 3 or 4 gaping holes is ludicrouse. Hello Texans will look like a bunch of hungry kids in a candy store when they should at a stocking up grocery store. Bush could give the Texans a belly ache, when they realize they should have had a V-8. Stop over the candy and stock up for the season.
Old 04-25-2006   #20
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

the jets would just draft bush.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read