Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-24-2006   #1
Snapple
Veteran

Default Guys you'd like to see the Texans pick up in the 7th round or as undrafted FAs

The seventh round pick I think is for taking chances on guys who the experts think have little pro potential, but are worth a shot anyway. Some great players weren't even drafted and ended up being stars, like Kurt Warner, Jake Delhomme, Antonio Gates, and Priest Holmes.

Are there any graduating players that you know of, that you would like to take a chance on in the seventh round or pick up after the draft if nobody takes them? I don't think there are any right or wrong answers here. Just some guys that you like.

I have a few.

Drew Olson, QB, UCLA - I'm not a draft expert, but this guy threw 34 TDs and only 6 INTs last year. That alone I think makes him worth a peek. He should've been a Heisman candidate in my opinion, and I think he's got great leadership ability. He headed a lot of dramatic comeback wins for UCLA.

Bruce Eugene, QB, Grambling - I don't know if anyone saw this guy, but he is a BIG GUY. He's a QB, but he's like 280 pounds. Despite that, somehow he's actually pretty mobile, a great leader, and he broke a ton of passing records at Grambling. He has experience. He's just a bit raw for pro offenses and really fat.

Domata Peko, DT, Michigan State - Another big dude. This guy was a great run-stuffer at Michigan State. I don't know if anyone remembers, but last year, he returned a fumble about 80 yards for a TD. What makes it memorable is that he weighs at least 300 pounds and still managed to waddle all the way down the field.

Jai Lewis, George Mason - There's just something magical about those George Mason basketball players. He thinks his ability on the court can translate to the NFL, and maybe it will, maybe it won't. He could be a TE or a LB.

Of course none of these guys are probably great enough to take chances on with good picks, but at the end of the draft? Yeah, why not?
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a lot of guys i'd like to see here, all of them pretty much unheard of. Small school guys that did really well at their level. I'll post 2 or 3 later.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #3
Long-Spurs-Texan
Veteran

Slay from Texas Tech. Special Teams wedge buster & nickel back head hunter.
Old 04-24-2006   #4
champ1234
Rookie

Maybe Willie Andrews S, decent S with great special team talent. Would be decent to look at with our 251st pick
champ1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #5
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ1234
Maybe Willie Andrews S, decent S with great special team talent. Would be decent to look at with our 251st pick

I like Willie, and I'd love to see a Baylor Bear on the Texans, but I think he'll be gone before the 7th. He was pretty impressive at the combine. I believe he ran in the 4.3's. I think he could go as early as the 4th Round, but it's more likely that he goes off the board in the 5th or 6th.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #6
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Some mock drafts have Vince Young dropping all the way to the 7th. I'd still pass on him though and take a couple of cheerleaders from any University in Florida.
Old 04-24-2006   #7
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Barrick Nealy or Bruce Eugene would both make me really happy

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-24-2006   #8
SteelBlueToro
Veteran

Jaxson Appel, TAMU
Old 04-24-2006   #9
cred
Rookie

Jerod Void, RB, perdue I believe
cred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

First of all, if Nealy is there, we better pick him. That would make my weekend.

Some other 7th rounders include:
1) AJ Schable, DE South Dakota- 6'3" 285lbs- Led D2 in sacks and TFL. Pretty fast for a DE with a 4.74 40. Strong, did 31 bench reps. And fairly quick with a 4.27 short shuttle.

2) Allante Harrison, CB Towson State- 5'10" 175lbs- Really fast with a 4.37 40 Great hands for the interception.

Here are some Undrafted Free Agents:
1) Devin Conwell, S/LB Ashland- 6'2 220lbs- Played Monsterback his final year of college, but played LB his previous 3 years. Good speed (4.6 40).

2)Wyatt Gayer, LB Anderson- 6'2" 250lbs- Has played DE, OLB and ILB in college. Strong(28 bench reps) with decent speed(4.64 40)

3) Kevin Culbert, DE/LB, Frostburg Sate- 6'5" 235lbs- In myt opinion the most interesting of this list. Led D3 in sacks and TFL. Decent speed (4.67 40) and very agile for his size (6.75 3 cone). Needs to put on more weight to play DE.
Old 04-24-2006   #11
Snapple
Veteran

Frostburg State, eh? Interesting. Are there any other players from D3 who made it in the NFL?
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapple
Frostburg State, eh? Interesting. Are there any other players from D3 who made it in the NFL?
No clue.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read