Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-24-2006   #1
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad
Default Bush may forfeit Heisman to Young

Check the link.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...s/14413481.htm

Of course www.profootballtalk.com has their opinions on it.

This story ought to EXPLODE tommorow.

Some say that if he is to be considered ineligible for the '05 season then he will be stripped of the Heisman and it will be rewarded to the runner-up (VY).

This is gonna get Super Ugly.

I told y'all this dude is a chump, I bet Subway is crapping their Jared sized pants right now.
Old 04-24-2006   #2
MasterC25
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
Check the link.

Some say that if he is to be considered ineligible for the '05 season then he will be stripped of the Heisman and it will be rewarded to the runner-up (VY).

I told y'all this dude is a chump, I bet Subway is crapping their Jared sized pants right now.

He is a chump because...???

Anyways the investigation will take its course. It has nothing to do with Subway, they signed him as a NFL player not a great college player so they could care less. Its not like less people will eat subway cause Reggie allegedly got a free house while he was at USC. That all doesn't even concern the Texans. All that concerns them is that he is there in Mini and Training Camp as the TEXANS #1 Running Back and Offensive Weapon.

CHUMP??
MasterC25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #3
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterC25
He is a chump because...???

Anyways the investigation will take its course. It has nothing to do with Subway, they signed him as a NFL player not a great college player so they could care less. Its not like less people will eat subway cause Reggie allegedly got a free house while he was at USC. That all doesn't even concern the Texans. All that concerns them is that he is there in Mini and Training Camp as the TEXANS #1 Running Back and Offensive Weapon.

CHUMP??
Are you serious. Read between crap. He has put a storied College in jepeorady (sp) of having records stricken from them. Wins taken away. A trophy taken away. If the NCAA can prove that they were in the house at any point during the '04 season then some if not all of that Champioship season is in limbo too along with Matt's Heisman. That is what makes him a CHUMP. How dare he allow this happen. If he wasn't so selfish and had a little patience (1.5-2 years) he wouldn't have put A. his family B. his college and C. himself in this situation.

What an F'n Loser

And I know it has nothing to do with Subway, just saying that they inked him to an endorsemnet deal worth $$millions and if this goes the way I think it will, They'll be wishing that they hadn't
Old 04-24-2006   #4
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran

What a bunch of crap , I cant believe that he cheated like that and then he got caught a week before the draft. Wow, talk about stripping a kids credability just days before the draft. Well this will make it that much more promising for passing on Bush. I mean if the guy will do this, who knows what type of bribes he will take in the pro's. This will shake up the draft big time.
Frank_The_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #5
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

Well if Bush loses the Heisman atleast the "real" winner will get it.

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #6
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it will affect his draft stock. Nobody is going to rush to judgement and risk passing on a great player over a negligble infraction. If this had come out months ago and been investigated fully before the draft it might have had some minor impact. But in a league where assault, armed robbery, and being caught with steroids and other drugs (at the COMBINE of all places) doesn't affect your stock, this won't. If he was a no name backup from Hampton this wouldn't be an issue. Of course he wouldn't have gotten a free house either.
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #7
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese
I don't think it will affect his draft stock. Nobody is going to rush to judgement and risk passing on a great player over a negligble infraction. If this had come out months ago and been investigated fully before the draft it might have had some minor impact. But in a league where assault, armed robbery, and being caught with steroids and other drugs (at the COMBINE of all places) doesn't affect your stock, this won't. If he was a no name backup from Hampton this wouldn't be an issue. Of course he wouldn't have gotten a free house either.
Frank_The_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-24-2006   #8
Janus3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanskan
Well if Bush loses the Heisman atleast the "real" winner will get it.
Yeah Matt Leinart definatly deserved it more. lendale white could've carried the team without bush imo.
Old 04-24-2006   #9
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That is funny right there.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #10
GhostRaider2006
Veteran

How the hell did he cheat? How did having his family living in that home make him perform better on the field? He didn't cheat he violated NCAA rules (if it is true) there is a difference.
GhostRaider2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #11
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
I think NCAA regulations are a little silly. Who does it hurt for college players to get money for their efforts? The big schools, like Texas, USC, Miami etc, are still going to get all the best prospects whether their players get perks or not. Alot of players would be able to stay in school and FINISH THEIR EDUCATION, if they could support their family. Seems like that should be the most important thing in college sports, graduation rates. I don't see where he "cheated". Did having a nice house make him run faster? Jump higher? Break more tackles or push Leinart deeper into the end zone? Alot of people will claim it ruins the purity of college football, but realisticly this sort of thing is very common. It's just hidden better.

Players are aloud to "borrow" vehicles and recieve alot of other service for free in and around their college towns. This sort of thing doesn't hurt anyone except the people giving to the players. I can understand not allowing large cash awards or similar to this case actually giving them a $700k home(the article claims they rented). This just seems like a reason to attack Bush when most everything else has failed. I'm sure Vince "The Chosen Son" Young has gotten alot of comped benefits and free gifts. Wether it's a house or the stereo typical "Your moneys no good here" line when he buys beer, they both violate the NCAA regs to the same degree. If Bush was a no name running back from Po Dunk School of Hair and Weave Styling, nobody would care.

As for the poor familys living in Ghettos: How does the Bush family home affect them? Are you any less comfortable in your residence because Donald Trump lives the life of luxury? Or is your Lazy Boy still soft and cooshy as always? Mayby if they played harder somebody would give their mom a new house.

The self rightious indignation over this is silly. His family was allowed to rent a nice house by some shmuck who thought he could be Reggies agent. His business apparently failed and the Bush clan still had to pay rent. He's not going to slip in the draft because of this, and he won't lose the Heisman. Reggie "The Cheater, Gift Accepting, Evil Overlord of the 5th Dimension" Bush is most likely going 1st in the draft. Probably to the Texans.
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #12
HeroTime
Rookie

Quote:
Are you serious. Read between crap. He has put a storied College in jepeorady (sp) of having records stricken from them. Wins taken away. A trophy taken away. If the NCAA can prove that they were in the house at any point during the '04 season then some if not all of that Champioship season is in limbo too along with Matt's Heisman. That is what makes him a CHUMP. How dare he allow this happen. If he wasn't so selfish and had a little patience (1.5-2 years) he wouldn't have put A. his family B. his college and C. himself in this situation.

What an F'n Loser

And I know it has nothing to do with Subway, just saying that they inked him to an endorsemnet deal worth $$millions and if this goes the way I think it will, They'll be wishing that they hadn't
Hard to live in a house in 04 when the house was not built until 05. Nice try though. How dare he allow his parents to live their own lives the selfish bastage. Sounds like he was being selfless to me. Concentrating on football and not worrying about what mom and dad are doing. Since when does the son take control over what the parents do?
HeroTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #13
HeroTime
Rookie

Quote:
Check the link.

Actuallly there is a heisman bylaw that states the votes for the player will be given to a teamate so Lienart will get the Heisman again. Vince gets screwed again.
HeroTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #14
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese
I think NCAA regulations are a little silly. Who does it hurt for college players to get money for their efforts? The big schools, like Texas, USC, Miami etc, are still going to get all the best prospects whether their players get perks or not. Alot of players would be able to stay in school and FINISH THEIR EDUCATION, if they could support their family. Seems like that should be the most important thing in college sports, graduation rates. I don't see where he "cheated". Did having a nice house make him run faster? Jump higher? Break more tackles or push Leinart deeper into the end zone? Alot of people will claim it ruins the purity of college football, but realisticly this sort of thing is very common. It's just hidden better.

Players are aloud to "borrow" vehicles and recieve alot of other service for free in and around their college towns. This sort of thing doesn't hurt anyone except the people giving to the players. I can understand not allowing large cash awards or similar to this case actually giving them a $700k home(the article claims they rented). This just seems like a reason to attack Bush when most everything else has failed. I'm sure Vince "The Chosen Son" Young has gotten alot of comped benefits and free gifts. Wether it's a house or the stereo typical "Your moneys no good here" line when he buys beer, they both violate the NCAA regs to the same degree. If Bush was a no name running back from Po Dunk School of Hair and Weave Styling, nobody would care.

As for the poor familys living in Ghettos: How does the Bush family home affect them? Are you any less comfortable in your residence because Donald Trump lives the life of luxury? Or is your Lazy Boy still soft and cooshy as always? Mayby if they played harder somebody would give their mom a new house.

The self rightious indignation over this is silly. His family was allowed to rent a nice house by some shmuck who thought he could be Reggies agent. His business apparently failed and the Bush clan still had to pay rent. He's not going to slip in the draft because of this, and he won't lose the Heisman. Reggie "The Cheater, Gift Accepting, Evil Overlord of the 5th Dimension" Bush is most likely going 1st in the draft. Probably to the Texans.
This is all "Warm and Fuzzy" but the fact still remains that it is not allowed. As well as you cannot call it rent if it's free. If every player did this.........you know what I'm getting at.

Does Barry Bonds desreve a free pass? Should Pete Rose have already been in the Hall of Fame? Should Ricky Williams be allowed to "twist one" on the sideline when the going gets tough? Should Bob Knight be allowed to choke all of his players?
Old 04-24-2006   #15
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroTime
Actuallly there is a heisman bylaw that states the votes for the player will be given to a teamate so Lienart will get the Heisman again. Vince gets screwed again.
Not if the whole season is scratched. Then there would be no teammates to give the votes to. Which would, in turn, pass them along to the runner-up.
Old 04-24-2006   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

who cares. he cheated NCAA's stupid rules. i'm glad he put he put his family before the hypocritical nonsense the NCAA tries to enforce on their athletes. subway doesn't care. none of his endorsements will care. in the end, USC is a big moneymaking institution and nothing will happen to them. troy smith shouldn't be playing right now, but because he goes to THE ohio state university, he's given a free pass. this story will be done after the draft.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRaider2006
How the hell did he cheat? How did having his family living in that home make him perform better on the field? He didn't cheat he violated NCAA rules (if it is true) there is a difference.
If the allegations are correct then he and USC cheated as he knowingly gave up his amateur status. Professionals, those who accept cash, extra benefits, do not play in the NCAA.

As a former NCAA athlete one knows the difference between right and wrong.
Old 04-24-2006   #18
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna
who cares. he cheated NCAA's stupid rules. i'm glad he put he put his family before the hypocritical nonsense the NCAA tries to enforce on their athletes. subway doesn't care. none of his endorsements will care. in the end, USC is a big moneymaking institution and nothing will happen to them. troy smith shouldn't be playing right now, but because he goes to THE ohio state university, he's given a free pass. this story will be done after the draft.
His endorsers will not care? Believe me they will in the event any of this is true.
Old 04-24-2006   #19
Haams
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna
who cares. he cheated NCAA's stupid rules. i'm glad he put he put his family before the hypocritical nonsense the NCAA tries to enforce on their athletes.
For all practical purposes I do find it hard to get too upset at a guy for taking money (or a house) in 2005 when he's becoming a multi-millionaire in 2006... However, in my opinion, it can be just as valid an intelligence test as the Wunderlic. It is stupid to risk losing all you've accomplished and it's a slap in the face to the system that's turning you into millionaire. It also definately does not demonstrate a team-first mentality.
Old 04-24-2006   #20
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is very different than Pete Rose and Barry Bonds. He didnt bet on his team or replace his arms and legs with machinery(sp), his parents took a house. Does it violate laws, yes, should he be held accountable, again yes, should he lose his heisman, probubly so, but he isnt a "cheater". His parents house didnt make him faster than other people. Nor did it help his agility or pass catching ability. And the NCAA rules are crappy in these circumstances. The NCAA makes gobbs of money off of these kids and some of them live in down right poverty. It does look bad, but its not roids, he didnt wave a gun at people, he didnt beat and rape a stripper, he isnt a drug addict or drug dealer, his parents ALLEGEDLY accepted a house from a guy who wanted his buddy to be Bushes agent. I just dont think its that big of a deal.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read