Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

ESPN - Page 2 by Bayless on Young and Draft

Wolf

100% Texan
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/060421&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab4pos2

I really hate starting a thread on this, but didn't know which one to stick it on ..

too funny on his logic.. passing on VY would make the Texans dumb and that Carr has all the tools and could have been traded for a #1 pick (if we didn't sign him to an extention)... well if Carr has all the tools why would we consider trading him? and a #1? :lol: I'd be suprised if Carr could have gotten a #1 pick put of someone, maybe a #2 ..

too funny

hmm maybe the 'Stros could us VY instead of Preston Wilson
060421_young2_195.jpg

Wolf said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/060421&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab4pos2

I really hate starting a thread on this, but didn't know which one to stick it on ..

too funny on his logic.. passing on VY would make the Texans dumb and that Carr has all the tools and could have been traded for a #1 pick (if we didn't sign him to an extention)... well if Carr has all the tools why would we consider trading him? and a #1? :lol: I'd be suprised if Carr could have gotten a #1 pick put of someone, maybe a #2 ..

too funny

hmm maybe the 'Stros could us VY instead of Preston Wilson
060421_young2_195.jpg

I think that Vince Young will be a great NFL player, but Skip Bayless is hardly the greatest sports mind. For example all you need to do is read the following quote "Leinart -- not Jay Cutler -- is this draft's most overrated quarterback. More on that next week." Yeah. Vandy Homer.

Several league sources say general manager Charley Casserly will be fired after the draft for all the poor decisions he made in building this expansion team. Texans sources say Casserly has threatened to quit -- as if he doesn't deserve to be doubted after a 2-14 season. Yet Casserly remains in charge of making what could be the most crucial decision in team history!

Well, at least new coach Gary Kubiak probably wants the media to believe Casserly has final say. That way, Kubiak can blame a long-gone Casserly if Young turns out to be much better than the player the Texans take. Kubiak has told sources around the league that he's a "Vince guy," but Casserly has been a "Reggie guy" from the start.
I dont like Bayless as much as the next guy, but if that quote above is true and Casserly will make the pick that will make or break the franchise and then will get fired after the draft, I will question McNair for as long as he runs the team.

Bayless is the only person I've heard say anything like that about Kubiak, and judging from the rest of the article he has about as much objective view on the subject as John McClain does.

Skip Clueless = tool If he said it was daylight outside, I would go out and check. He's that reliable.

Back