Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-23-2006   #1
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2802 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Players you absolutely don't want in each rounds!

don't pick anyone for the first pick i don't want a vince,mario or reggie debate.
Rd. 2 Kelly jennings- to much like phillip buchanon
Marcus mcneil- doesn't fit our system and has a narrowing spine condition
Tamba Hali- I don't think he has the speed to produce at the next level
Gabe watson- No way this guy will produce after getting millions of dollars.
Darnel Bing- plays much slower than his 40 time would indicate, not good in coverage
johnathan scott- The earliest i would look at him would be round 3 hold no value in round 2
Round 3
Jeremy troublood- after watching him at the senior bowl, anyone can get bye him.
Devin Hester- only cares about the money, no real position int he nfl
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006   #2
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

There's really only one player that I can say for sure I don't want to see the Texans draft and that is Marcus Vick. I wouldn't even waste a 6th Rounder on him, and we gave our 7th Rounder to the Bengals.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006   #3
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123
don't pick anyone for the first pick i don't want a vince,mario or reggie debate.
Rd. 2 Kelly jennings- to much like phillip buchanon Agreed, not sure why people think he will go in the 1st now
Marcus mcneil- doesn't fit our system and has a narrowing spine condition I'm not a huge fan of McNeill but I think he is a definite possibility of a pick at #33
Tamba Hali- I don't think he has the speed to produce at the next level I think he will be more of a LDE, but he'd need to add some weight/strength for that, but I do question his desire and work ethic
Gabe watson- No way this guy will produce after getting millions of dollars. Absolutely would not consider Watson in the 2nd round, decent talent but little evidence of any heart
Darnel Bing- plays much slower than his 40 time would indicate, not good in coverage Would not consider him with our pick, but later in the 2nd round I would think about him as a hard hitting SS or maybe even make him into a LB
johnathan scott- The earliest i would look at him would be round 3 hold no value in round 2 Agreed
Round 3
Jeremy troublood- after watching him at the senior bowl, anyone can get bye him. Agreed, I would put O'Callaghan in this same class
Devin Hester- only cares about the money, no real position int he nfl He is a nice athlete but not great skill at any position, not sure about the money bit
To add a few more players:
2nd round
Ko Simpson - Has been falling a lot lately, would think about him real late in the 2nd but not with our pick. Nice measurables but not great on tape.
Brodie Croyle - Not a big fan of his either, too many physical limitations, for what it's worth, CNNSI labeled him their most overrated player in the draft.
3rd round
Pat Watkins - Nice size and had a nice workout, but seeing him play I don't think he should go anywhere in the 3rd round.
Terna Nande - A few had mentioned him in the 3rd, he also had a nice workout but his production hasn't matched his workout numbers.
Ray Edwards - Also had a nice workout but has been very inconsistent and has questionable work ethic.
Kai Parham - Ran extremely slow in his workouts and has done nothing to prove his worth since the season ended.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #4
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
2nd round
Ko Simpson - Has been falling a lot lately, would think about him real late in the 2nd but not with our pick. Nice measurables but not great on tape.

Kai Parham - Ran extremely slow in his workouts and has done nothing to prove his worth since the season ended.

hey mork, not trying to troll and i resspect your opinion on draft prospects alot but you're saying you with the first few-ko,nande,watkins that you dont want guys who had good workouts but weren't very good on tape, which i agree with you on(although i think ko was good enough playing for carolina also).

Kai Parham had a bad workout running a 5.0 40 at the combine and a 4.9 at his pro-day, yet has consistently 'proven his value' on tape during the season and numerous scouts say he plays much faster than timed and has excellent play recognition etc...so i have to disagree with you and would have no problem taking him on day 2-even with #98
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #5
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Maddict I think he was meaning he was not good value high in the third round, which he is not.
Old 04-24-2006   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
2nd round

Thats not accurate. He plays great on tape while not having great measurables. He is a ball-hawk on tape and plays faster than he tests. He has first round talent, but will go in the third. I would have no problem taking him at pick #33. He will produce in the NFL and that is all that matters to me.
Old 04-24-2006   #7
Cincinnatikid
Veteran

Quote:
Ray Edwards - Also had a nice workout but has been very inconsistent and has questionable work ethic.
His inconsistency was due to the coaches not playing him as much for no real apparent reason. And yes he had some attitude with his coaches, but when you were first team all freshmen big ten, and a preseason big ten player, you would think the coaches would realize what they had. He will be a force as a big DE and would be worth a 3rd pick.
Cincinnatikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-24-2006   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

mcneill's spine thing is definitely an issue. he could drop quite a long ways.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Mathias Kiwanuka - dog

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #10
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Mathias Kiwanuka - dog
That poor kid. D'Brickashaw destroyed him @ the Senior Bowl.
Old 04-24-2006   #11
champ1234
Rookie

You can add Max-Jean Giles to this list. He is too big/slow and does not fit our system. Unless he fell to the 4th round(which ain't gonna happen) I would not waste a pick on him.
champ1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read