Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-23-2006   #1
whiskeyrbl

Default Texans Draft Special on FSN tonite !!

Tonite @ 9:00 on FSN. Wonder if they will give any hints????????
Old 04-23-2006   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

they're actually going to tell you who they will draft for each pick.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006   #3
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

THanks. Got it in the TiVo now
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006   #4
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna
they're actually going to tell you who they will draft for each pick.
Good ole sarcasm !!!
Old 04-23-2006   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i wonder if this will actually talk about the draft? ESPN's draft special mentioned the draft once or twice while talking about michael vick and ray lewis.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006   #6
whiskeyrbl

I know CC is on there and I think don't quote me but I thought they said RB as well and some others.
Old 04-23-2006   #7
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl
I know CC is on there and I think don't quote me but I thought they said RB as well and some others.
Oops! Sorry man, my bad.

Vince Lombardi
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-23-2006   #8
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl
Espn has a draft special tomorrow at 1 & Reggie Bush is going to be on the show.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006   #9
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone have this rick guys mock draft, I don't think theirs any way he got 88 out of the 100 picks right.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006   #10
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

I'm getting the cowboys draft preview here in san marcos.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006   #11
Harrisment
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalTexan
I'm getting the cowboys draft preview here in san marcos.
It's the same draft special for everyone. They're starting off with the Cowboys, then discussing the Texans and Saints.
Harrisment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006   #12
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Jerry Jones: "I don't think we have the ammo to trade up to #1 to get Vince Young."

I'll take those little consolations where I can get them.
Old 04-23-2006   #13
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

They are doing the Texans now....

Charlie Casserly is on...

FSN - Your team changed, did it change the way you've done business.
CC - Business side, no changes. The types of players wanted have changed. Rating systems, etc...

FSN - What is it going to take to make Carr better.
CC - More talent around him, better protection. We've improved our team this offseason, and will next week in the draft. The new scheme Carr will have to learn will help.

FSN - Offseason signed 8 players.
CC - Don't want to force picks because of need. Eased some of the needs, but still have needs left. We are going to fill some of them.

FSN - Because of the weak WR draft class, is that why you agressively went after Moulds?
CC - Yes, the draft was weak. Some of the prices by some players were to high but we found a good deal with Eric for a 5th rounder.

FSN - Putzier and Moulds going to help?
CC - Yes, he mentioned our current players. Quality WR opposite AJ. Downfield TE in Putzier. Still have draft to go. We have improved our weapons.

Commerical Break.
Old 04-23-2006   #14
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

All they are talking about is Vince Young on this show. btw Casserly looks real sleepy
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006   #15
Harrisment
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip
Jerry Jones: "I don't think we have the ammo to trade up to #1 to get Vince Young."

I'll take those little consolations where I can get them.
He actually said "I don't think we have to ammo to get there" , not "up to #1" but you were close.
Old 04-23-2006   #16
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
They are doing the Texans now....

Charlie Casserly is on...

FSN - Your team changed, did it change the way you've done business.
CC - Business side, no changes. The types of players wanted have changed. Rating systems, etc...

FSN - What is it going to take to make Carr better.
CC - More talent around him, better protection. We've improved our team this offseason, and will next week in the draft. The new scheme Carr will have to learn will help.

FSN - Offseason signed 8 players.
CC - Don't want to force picks because of need. Eased some of the needs, but still have needs left. We are going to fill some of them.

FSN - Because of the weak WR draft class, is that why you agressively went after Moulds?
CC - Yes, the draft was weak. Some of the prices by some players were to high but we found a good deal with Eric for a 5th rounder.

FSN - Putzier and Moulds going to help?
CC - Yes, he mentioned our current players. Quality WR opposite AJ. Downfield TE in Putzier. Still have draft to go. We have improved our weapons.

Commerical Break.
Thanks for the info.
Old 04-23-2006   #17
samomin
Veteran

Yawn! I guess we won't hear anything new until Saturday unless we sign the first pick beforehand.
Old 04-23-2006   #18
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Casserly is totally trying to get the Bush camp motivated to sign by asserting that they aren't getting trade offers.
Old 04-23-2006   #19
Harrisment
Rookie

Casserly said they haven't had any trade offers, and can't predict the future. Said he thought there would have been more nibbling by this point if they were going to get an offer.
Old 04-23-2006   #20
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrisment
He actually said "I don't think we have to ammo to get there" , not "up to #1" but you were close.
Well, I did add portions of the question into his "quote", because otherwise it wouldn't have made sense. I remember the interviewer asking if he would trade up to #1 to get Vince.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read