Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-23-2006   #1
Eyeguy
Veteran

Default Trade down in 2nd or 3rd

I really like Mark Setterstrom from Minn., I think he would be a great addition to our o line. I think we would be drafting him too high with the 1st pick in the 4th. I don't think he will be there in the 6th.
If Winston or someone of high value is not there at #33 we can move down 5 spots and get the value of a late 4th or early 5th to use on Setterstrom. We could move down 10 spots in the 3rd for the same value. There is value with #33 if our target is not there and we can get extra depth on the line or on Def. in the late 4th or early 5th.
Eyeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006   #2
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeguy
I really like Mark Setterstrom from Minn., I think he would be a great addition to our o line. I think we would be drafting him too high with the 1st pick in the 4th. I don't think he will be there in the 6th.
If Winston or someone of high value is not there at #33 we can move down 5 spots and get the value of a late 4th or early 5th to use on Setterstrom. We could move down 10 spots in the 3rd for the same value. There is value with #33 if our target is not there and we can get extra depth on the line or on Def. in the late 4th or early 5th.
I think that when pick #33 comes around the Texans War Room will have all their phones ringing but I think they're fairly certain (I am) that they'll find a pleasant surprise still on the board and they'll keep the pick.

I'm also uncomfortable with us trading draft picks (particularly trading down) when we're in great shape with what we have, considering the depth of the first-day talent available and the Texans FO track record, for what it's worth.

Vince Lombardi
bad is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read