Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-22-2006   #1
LongBignasty1
Veteran

Default Vince Young for Texans qb!

Just want to remind everyone that VY is my pick for Texans first round.
Watch the videos again (rose bowl 2004$2005) to refresh your minds on the possibility of having VY!
Old 04-22-2006   #2
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006   #3
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm anxious and excited to see where VY goes in the Draft. IMO, like many others I would expect him to be a project to some degree initially, but his potential over the long-term should be extraorinary. Good luck Vince, do you home town proud, we know you will and we'll all be pulling for you !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Then you can look forward to your disappointment come next Saturday when Bush is already signed before he's selected.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah watch the videos of him running around and throwing short passes in a zone-read offense. exciting.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134301 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna
yeah watch the videos of him running around and throwing short passes in a zone-read offense. exciting.
50 points a game isn't enough for you guys....perhaps he should have averaged 100. That may be considered exciting to you guys...but I doubt it.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006   #7
Trenches
Veteran

I didnt go to UT nor am I anti Vince Young.

I have no idea why some people still hang on to this idea that we will take him.

1.We just committed to our QB David Carr. You dont pay a guy that much money and then draft another guy and pay him almost as much to ride the pine behind him.

2. He is not going to play for at least one, if not three years. McNair needs to get people in the stadium and excited. Nobody is going just to see VY holding a clipboard.

3. I'm sure the Texans have seen the same thing in VY that a lot of other teams have. He has warts. Too many to invest this type of pick in. There is a chance he falls out of the top 5 and even top 10. Look what happened to Aaron Rodgers last year.
Trenches is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-22-2006   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
50 points a game isn't enough for you guys....perhaps he should have averaged 100. That may be considered exciting to you guys...but I doubt it.
yes, bj symons put up a lot of points as well.
Old 04-22-2006   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134301 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenches
I didnt go to UT nor am I anti Vince Young.

I have no idea why some people still hang on to this idea that we will take him.
To me, it looks like the thread starter is saying that "he" would take VY...I don't see him predicting the Texans are going to take him.

Old 04-22-2006   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
yeah, so did Timmy Chang...your posting style is cute to some I guess....but to me you don't look too sharp.

Old 04-22-2006   #11
Trenches
Veteran

Quote:

whatever happend to BJ Symons?
Trenches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006   #12
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Vinny, do you think that in order for Vince to be effective in the NFL, he would need the 'zone read' system?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Vinny, do you think that in order for Vince to be effective in the NFL, he would need the 'zone read' system?
no. He has more upside than Steve McNair coming out of little Alcorn State, and they ran an offense that people laughed at when Steve made the move to the NFL.

Old 04-22-2006   #14
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Yeah, I agree Vinny that if Young is brought along as slowly as McNair was he has the potential to have greater success. He is still not a number 1 overall pick talent, but from watching him I say he is now a first round talent which is much higher than I thought he would be.
Old 04-22-2006   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
yeah, so did Timmy Chang...your posting style is cute to some I guess....but to me you don't look too sharp.
young is a system QB, that's all i'm saying.
Quote:
no. He has more upside than Steve McNair coming out of little Alcorn State, and they ran an offense that people laughed at when Steve made the move to the NFL.
it was a passing offense at alcorn state, and from what i understand, it's similar to what all the MAC QB's run.
Old 04-22-2006   #16
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone know when the NFL draft is?
Old 04-22-2006   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
young is a system QB, that's all i'm saying.

it was a passing offense at alcorn state, and from what i understand, it's similar to what all the MAC QB's run.
You didn't say that at first....You only said he wasn't running an exciting offense. That is what I took to task.

Steve played in the Southwestern Athletic Conference (far cry from the mac) and they ran an offense that most decribed as "drawing plays in the dirt"....I was working for Bud Adams back then and heard that he was too stupid to play QB at the next level over and over that year leading up to the draft. Seems familiar to what I see when it comes to VY.

Old 04-22-2006   #18
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You didn't say that at first....You only said he wasn't running an exciting offense. That is what I took to task.
i've never found quarterbacks running a lot to be exciting. i always chuckle when someone says vick is the most exciting player in the NFL.
Old 04-22-2006   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

ok, then you should love David Carr....we didn't have a lead till week 8. It's just ignorant to claim an offense that is blowing people out each week to be worthless....that is the point of all this you know. Football is unlike Golf...you try to outscore your opponent - most people find that kind of stuff exciting in an offense. I always chuckle when people just throw out silly hatred filled posts without foundation myself.

Old 04-22-2006   #20
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

system QB's aren't first rounder in my book. that's all it is. he could develop fine, but he's not worth the risk of drafting in the first round. i said the same thing of alex smith last year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read