Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-21-2006   #1
MikeMc
All Pro

Default ESPN Insider 7 rd Mock

Here is the link for the Insiders:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...odd&id=2412607

For all others, here is the Texans picks (Mock):

1 - Bush
33 - Winston (OT Miami)
65 - Jean-Gilles (OG UGA)
66 - Ced Griffin (DC Texas)
98 - Will Blackmon (WR/DB BC)
134 - AJ Nicholson (OLB FLA St)
170 - Dale Robinson (ILB AZ St)
251 - Charlton Keith (DE Kansas)

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't we owe the Bengals a pick for Kevin Walter?? 6th rd or 7th rd??

I like that mock.....except for Bush (as you may know). OL help, DB & LB help/depth and DL depth.

I think Blackmon is one of the most underrated players in the draft. The kid has skills. He just hasn't had the chance to refine one position (DB & WR & RS throughout college career).
Old 04-21-2006   #2
el toro
All Pro

The 7th round pick they have (251) was a compensatory pick. They did give up their own to Cincy.

ESPN apparently did not give their 5th rounder to the Bills.
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006   #3
MikeMc
All Pro

HA! Good point.

I'll be publishing my 7 rd mock on Monday, May 1, 2006!
Old 04-21-2006   #4
Texans86
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMc
HA! Good point.

What are the odds that you get all of them right.
Old 04-21-2006   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

90%
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006   #6
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone believe that Winston will be there at the top of the 2nd round? I like him there, but I have a feeling he won't be there for us.
Old 04-21-2006   #7
texman8
Veteran

Quote:
HA! Good point.

HaHa! You should do good job since it is after the real draft.
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-21-2006   #8
hanshintigers74
Rookie

nfl draft is over and u been late to u job.
hanshintigers74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006   #9
Ghetto D
Rookie

I'd be OK with every selection except Max Jean Giles. He's a MASSIVE guard and in no way seems to fit Kubiak's system.

Sometimes I wonder how much thought is really put into these picks or if it's just the best available player after a certain point.
Ghetto D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

gilles is a 1st round talent and if he's there in the 3rd you take him, i don't care if he fits the system or not.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006   #11
Ghetto D
Rookie

That makes no sense. If he really is first round talent he should be long gone before the 3rd. And if he doesn't fit your system then how the hell is he going to contribute at a "first-round" level? Are we going to really change things up just because someone takes a free fall.

P.S. Who out there is refering to MJG as a first round talent? I've seen him pretty much universally a 2nd or 3rd rounder in every publication/website I have read.
Ghetto D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006   #12
cinci_bengals00
Rookie

The texans dont need the WR because we already have AJ, moulds, walter, and mathis. Also they should address a LB before the 5th round. The 7th round pick should probably be used for a project player instead of a career backup.
cinci_bengals00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006   #13
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I'll pull my comments from the thread in the mock section about this same mock draft ESPN conjured up:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
Bush and Winston would be a great tandem for our offense (although I still prefer Mario Williams to Bush). Jean-Gilles is not a good fit for our blocking scheme and I guarantee you the Texans would not select him, I don't know why some of these mock draft places keep having us take him, I guess they don't pay attention to schemes. I don't really like the Will Blackmon pick, he's kind of a combo WR/CB that isn't particularly good at either spot, like a less-athletic Devin Hester, don't think he really adds anything to our team. A.J. Nicholson probably won't fall that far, and while I would like his talent on our team I'm not sure I want to add his off field problems to our locker room. Dale Robinson would be ok there, Charlton Keith is not a DE so I don't know why we'd draft him, he's definitely more of a LB. While I'm not going to complain about getting someone with a 7th round compensatory pick, I don't see us taking 3 LBs in a row. This mock seems to attempt to address some generic needs that our team has without thinking about how many of these guys fit into our current scheme and with our current roster, but that should be somewhat expected from people that have to try to figure out team needs/wants for all 32 teams.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006   #14
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

My favorite part about that draft is big school, big conference. Sorry but it is hit and miss with tweeners and some teams get lucky. In general I want guys who have seen the big time.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006   #15
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Geez, how do you even predict past round 3? I know ESPN has all the resources in the world, but I think it's a reach to predict all 7 rounds.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006   #16
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Geez, how do you even predict past round 3? I know ESPN has all the resources in the world, but I think it's a reach to predict all 7 rounds.
Yep, after the first 2 rounds, there's no way to know who's going where...........
Old 04-22-2006   #17
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Texans
Yep, after the first 2 rounds, there's no way to know who's going where...........
After pick one, there is no way to know who's going where...
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
It's nearly impossible. I've seen people try to do it for years and years.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006   #19
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
It's nearly impossible. I've seen people try to do it for years and years.
It's about as possible as getting your March Madness brackets exactly right
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006   #20
Trenches
Veteran

Quote:
Here is the link for the Insiders:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...odd&id=2412607

For all others, here is the Texans picks (Mock):

1 - Bush
33 - Winston (OT Miami)
65 - Jean-Gilles (OG UGA)
66 - Ced Griffin (DC Texas)
98 - Will Blackmon (WR/DB BC)
134 - AJ Nicholson (OLB FLA St)
170 - Dale Robinson (ILB AZ St)
251 - Charlton Keith (DE Kansas)

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't we owe the Bengals a pick for Kevin Walter?? 6th rd or 7th rd??

I like that mock.....except for Bush (as you may know). OL help, DB & LB help/depth and DL depth.

I think Blackmon is one of the most underrated players in the draft. The kid has skills. He just hasn't had the chance to refine one position (DB & WR & RS throughout college career).

Winston is overrated. Bust written all over him. Would fit right in with our past drafts, though. Jean Gilles does not fit.

I hope this doesnt happen. Take the sure OT in round 1 and then you can get a very good LB in round two.
Trenches is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read