Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-20-2006   #1
texansfaninla
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 texansfaninla has been demoted to the practice squad
Default And the Madden Curse goes to...

...Shaun Alexander!

http://www.easports.com/article.jsp?...=madden07shaun
texansfaninla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #2
TreWardTxn
Veteran

Everybody should see this coming; lost his starting LG, tops in the league, and already got his huge contract AND coming off of a Superbowl loss. Seattle shouldn't allow him to do it, they won't have a chance next year...
TreWardTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #3
Sutton=08Heisman
Veteran

haha...LT is gonna have a huge year
Old 04-20-2006   #4
4th&inches
Rookie

I think that its a good pick for the cover. I just cant wait to play with all the new trades and the draft picks that will be taken should make this one the best year yet.
Old 04-20-2006   #5
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

your NFC playoff teams: not the seahawks!!!!
Old 04-20-2006   #6
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

They are supposed to be significantly revamping the engine at some near future point. I am hoping this year. Madden is still a great game but I have been tiring of the incremental improvements and new rosters as being the reason for dropping 50 on a new game. Of course, I do it any way ... but there is so much they can and need to do to the mechanics of the gameplay. Overdue, IMO, and I hope they will follow up on this "redesign" this year.
Old 04-21-2006   #7
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Yea they need more stuff to make the game better...Have like where you can select a house etc...a family etc...a car etc...where u can hit the weight room for real and jus do crazy stuff like that...
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-21-2006   #8
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

what, like the sims?

it might be hard adjusting to a new texans playbook.
Old 04-21-2006   #9
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

lmao, ya'll a mess. I haven't played madden since 03 so I'm sure i'm in for a shock when i try to get in on this year's.

i'm glad its alexander. not crazy about him anyway. too prima donna for my taste. GIVE ME LT!!!!
Old 04-21-2006   #10
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

What a waste of a cover.

I would like to see a Cornerback on the cover. But I guess this year, they will introduce another running back move, like the "truck stick", or the "hit stick" for Ray Lewis.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006   #11
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Comeback player of the year 2007-2008 season...Shaun Alexander
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006   #12
Rosusu
All Pro

I am officially not picking him up in fantasy just because of this.
Old 04-21-2006   #13
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

He's got the Madden Curse and Seattle has the Super Bowl Losers curse . . . GO 49ERS!!!!
Old 04-21-2006   #14
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Gee, to bad they didn't put the Colts TEAM on the cover. Might have helped us this year.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006   #15
AtheGreat
Veteran

well, you kinda got to give it to him. 28 tds, 1,000 and some yards rushing, helping a team stuck in mediocroty get to the SB...I should have seen it coming. I'm will yall, wheres by boy LT in this? He threw more TD's than some QBs did last year! Oh well, there's always next year i suppose...
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006   #16
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
Gee, to bad they didn't put the Colts TEAM on the cover. Might have helped us this year.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006   #17
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Is Alexander the first player to be on the cover of both NCAA and now Madden?
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006   #18
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 29813 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
Is Alexander the first player to be on the cover of both NCAA and now Madden?
For football, yes. Steve Francis did it for basketball.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006   #19
CITY CAT
Veteran

I thought Ray Lewis broke the Madden curse?
CITY CAT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read