Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-20-2006   #1
[[Gary Kubiak]]

Default I dont fear our opening games, sure their tough, BUT!

For the first time in four years, I really think we can duke it out with ANY, I mean ANY team in this league. We have the weapons now (even without the draft picks) and the coaching to do it. The only X-factor now is the defense. Come on people! Jump on the Hawk, M.Williams and Daquell Jackson band Wagon!
Old 04-20-2006   #2
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

I all for M. Williams if we trade down it all starts up front pressure the QB and our Linebackers should be allright. I am hoping PB steps up next year but I would get one in the draft in case he does not I am all for some smash mouth football on the D side of the ball.
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #3
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

Agreed
Old 04-20-2006   #4
Roughnecks
Veteran

If he does step up what a lift but we need to get another in the draft I might be wrong but he is in the last year of his contract so we need some one to fill in next year I do not see us signing this guy next year unless it is for way less.
Old 04-20-2006   #5
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

i think switching to the 4-3 defense will help us stop the run and get more pressure on the qb.. we do need secondary help
Old 04-20-2006   #6
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Did I or did I not read somewhere that Kubiak was high on P-Buc??

he would of seen him twice a year since he came into the league so perhaps Kubiak figures he knows how to use him.

Also if our front 7 improves we won't be needing our DB's to be run stuffers therefore limiting P-Buc's missed tackles. After all Deion Sanders couldn't tackle and he was one of the greats.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #7
Scott D
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan
Did I or did I not read somewhere that Kubiak was high on P-Buc??

he would of seen him twice a year since he came into the league so perhaps Kubiak figures he knows how to use him.

Also if our front 7 improves we won't be needing our DB's to be run stuffers therefore limiting P-Buc's missed tackles. After all Deion Sanders couldn't tackle and he was one of the greats.
I think you're right. I too saw something about it too.
Scott D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-20-2006   #8
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Kubiak I am with you again. That is just solid thinking. Not only it is the best place to spend our money as far as setting the team up finacially long term v performance, but it will make us competitive in any game. There is no way Chicago should have been competitive last year, they are a really bad team, but that defense got scary and made it happen. I want that. I have been and will be until we pick Bush on the Mario Williams train.
Old 04-20-2006   #9
touttail
All Pro

Even though I was ridiculed for saying this on another thread, i am very excited about our team and coaches. The draft will be "even mo betta!"

At least we know we will have a decent chance without a very conservative playbook!!!!

Yes we are still weak in some areas, but at least we may have a chance to run with the big dogs!

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #10
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
Kubiak I am with you again. That is just solid thinking. Not only it is the best place to spend our money as far as setting the team up finacially long term v performance, but it will make us competitive in any game. There is no way Chicago should have been competitive last year, they are a really bad team, but that defense got scary and made it happen. I want that. I have been and will be until we pick Bush on the Mario Williams train.
Chicago is in one of the easier divisions. Chicago and Tampa Bay, the teams in the NFC North with winning records, got about half of their wins from their division cellar dwellers. Teams play a little more than a third of their schedule against division opponents.

Kubiak has his a lot of work to do.

It would be nice this year to place Green Bay and Detroit twice, but we don't have that luxury.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #11
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
Even though I was ridiculed for saying this on another thread, i am very excited about our team and coaches. The draft will be "even mo betta!"

At least we know we will have a decent chance without a very conservative playbook!!!!

Yes we are still weak in some areas, but at least we may have a chance to run with the big dogs!

Bobby 119C
Even without draft prospects, the team and coaches look much now than they did Dec. 31 of last year (when we still had Capers and crew). Upgraded players, upgraded coaching. I am not ready to board the train for a winning season, but I think the Texans will at least be competitive in all the games.

Last edited by Texans Horror; 04-20-2006 at 02:20 PM.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read