Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-19-2006   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Broncos - 49'ers swap picks

Broncos | Two draft picks acquired from 49ers
Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:39:07 -0700

The Denver Broncos have announced the team has acquired a second-round pick (No. 37 overall) and a third-round pick (No. 68) in the 2006 NFL Draft from the San Francisco 49ers. In exchange for the picks, Denver sends San Francisco one of their two first round picks, No. 22 overall.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #2
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Looks like Denver won't be trading up afterall.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #3
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

San Fran should get a good player with the new pick, but I dont know if I like the trade. They need all the help they can get and could still get good players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I guess all they really gave up was a 3rd round pick though.
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

What if San Fran calls us and says they want to trade the #6 and #22 for our #1?

The way everything has been going, that could land us Vince Young maybe or at worse AJ Hawk.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #5
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
What if San Fran calls us and says they want to trade the #6 and #22 for our #1?

The way everything has been going, that could land us Vince Young maybe or at worse AJ Hawk.
Well, if it were me, I'd hang up the phone. But, as I have said in the past, I am biased.
Old 04-19-2006   #6
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I pull the trigger.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #7
SnakeOilTanker
Veteran

It would land us someone other than Vince Young, I would be shocked if we drafted him anywhere(even though I love him)

but anway it would take alot more than just that, 6 might be a little lower than we want to trade down.
SnakeOilTanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-19-2006   #8
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

The more I think about it, I am willing to bet that is what will happen. Trade down with the Niners. That way they can reunite Alex Smith & Reggie Bush. Reggie would probaly be more than happy to stay in California too. I hate it. But it makes sense.
Old 04-19-2006   #9
SnakeOilTanker
Veteran

It would put the Texans in position to have to pass on VY at 6, people are going to mad if they pass him up for Reggie Bush, imagine the uproar if the pass him up at 6 for someone like Vernon Davis (which would be a better pick than VY)
Old 04-19-2006   #10
LoneStarState
Veteran

Quote:

Ummm... no thanks...
Old 04-19-2006   #11
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags
The more I think about it, I am willing to bet that is what will happen. Trade down with the Niners. That way they can reunite Alex Smith & Reggie Bush. Reggie would probaly be more than happy to stay in California too. I hate it. But it makes sense.

So here is a thought. Im reminded of the jerome mathis pick. We went to see him, but it was widely reported we were scouting another player, a cornerback named Bartell. We went to the proday of the player we were going to select, but disguised it. What if the player we really want is

Michael Huff.

Fills a need at safety, is about the spot he is predicted to go at....it makes sense.
We went to the UT pro-day...presumeably to look at Vince....but maybe we've all been played?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 04-19-2006   #12
LoneStarState
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
So here is a thought. Im reminded of the jerome mathis pick. We went to see him, but it was widely reported we were scouting another player, a cornerback named Bartell. We went to the proday of the player we were going to select, but disguised it. What if the player we really want is

Michael Huff.

Fills a need at safety, is about the spot he is predicted to go at....it makes sense.
We went to the UT pro-day...presumeably to look at Vince....but maybe we've all been played?
You'd be happy if the Texans drafted all UT players wouldn't you?
Old 04-19-2006   #13
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarState
You'd be happy if the Texans drafted all UT players wouldn't you?

Not hardly. I prefer domonique byrd as a TE over david thomas, was advocating carlos rogers last year over derrick johnson. it was just a theory.....calm it down.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 04-19-2006   #14
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:

That would be crazy to do... that is not even close to equal value for the #1 overall... they would have to throw in more picks that they have, which are all late rounders.

They get Reggie, we get Vernon Davis, Huff, or Young at best. For sure Hawk, Ferguson, Wililams, Bush and either Leinart or Young are gone at that point.

Huff sounds intriguing if we could get more picks from them... plus my bro is a Lions fan and he wants Huff so it would be fun to take him for that reason alone.... gotta love spite.
kcwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #15
SnakeOilTanker
Veteran

can it please be draft day:brickwall :brickwall
Old 04-19-2006   #16
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

Oh yes! I think that the Niners should try to get Bush somehow. I think Matteo would have been happier there too if he had only come out last year.
El Amigo Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

after the top 5 or 6 prospects it shows the quality of depth in this draft rds. #2 & #3. the middle to the end of the 1st rd. seems very equal in terms of talent without a huge dropoff thru the 2nd rd. even the beginning of 3rd.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #18
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Consider the "Sweet 6":

RB Bush
LB Hawk
TE Davis
DE Williams
OT Ferguson
QB Young

One of these guys is there at 6, mathematical certainty. Add in a Matt Leinart above 6 and you get your choice of any two.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #19
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

If I was the 49ers I draft V. Davis to help out Smith, and then BPA at #22.
Old 04-19-2006   #20
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

The all knowing Jimmy Johnson pick chart nailed this trade.

Niners get #22 (780 points)
Broncos get #37 (530 points) + #68 (250 points)

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read