Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-19-2006   #1
David's Busted Carr
Veteran

Default Great Charley Casserly quote on NFL network

"If Reggie Bush wasn't in the draft, Mario Williams would be the #1 pick".

Well Charley, Reggie Bush IS in the draft. And considering you have the #1 pick, you better not screw it up and take a player that you just admitted is not the #1 player in the draft.

I hope all this Mario Williams talk is just a smokescreen. There is NO WAY we should take this guy with the #1 pick. A month ago most people had never even heard of Mario Williams, and now he's leapfrogged Reggie Bush? Come on.

Unless we trade down BUSH should be the pick.
David's Busted Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #2
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's Busted Carr
"If Reggie Bush wasn't in the draft, Mario Williams would be the #1 pick".

Well Charley, Reggie Bush IS in the draft. And considering you have the #1 pick, you better not screw it up and take a player that you just admitted is not the #1 player in the draft.

I hope all this Mario Williams talk is just a smokescreen. There is NO WAY we should take this guy with the #1 pick. A month ago most people had never even heard of Mario Williams, and now he's leapfrogged Reggie Bush? Come on.

Unless we trade down BUSH should be the pick.
I agree. But it is all a stupid game. For example, every week the 3 QB's are in a different order of which will be taken first. It is mind numbing. I will be glad when the draft is over. I just hope that I will be HAPPY, when it is over...
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #3
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would read that quote as saying that if it weren't for RB Mario would be head and shoulders above everyone else in the draft. RB provides Mario with a little competition.

There are teams that have Mario graded higher than Bush.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #4
yako0o
Rookie

I liked the quote when he said Reggie Bush will only get 15 touches a game, and you have to have another starting RB to compliment him.
yako0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #5
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Mel Kiper said last night on the NFL Draft Preview that if Mario had played early in the season like he did towards the end that he would be the consensus #1 pick right now, and someone else (I don't remember which person it was, someone that had talked to a former NFL personnel guy that has remained in close contact with several teams) on the show said that at least 6 teams he knew of had Mario Williams rated higher than Reggie Bush.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read