Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-19-2006   #1
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 23275 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Joey Harrington on ESPN draft show

They did a quick interview. He said he likes competition. And then something to the effect that his problems in Detroit were because he was just handed the starting job and not having a good team.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40232 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Ummmmmm......They draft him 3 WRs in the top 10, and a RB in the first rd.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star
Ummmmmm......They draft him 3 WRs in the top 10, and a RB in the first rd.
no, they drafted a WR every year after they drafted Joey and KJ was in the second. Joey Harrington wasn't the wise choice anyway, according to Ihategeeks
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #4
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40232 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
no, they drafted a WR every year after they drafted Joey and KJ was in the second. Joey Harrington wasn't the wise choice anyway, according to Ihategeeks
Rodgers went #2 overall in 03
R.Williams went #7 overall in 04
K.Jones went #30 overall in 04
M.Williams went #10 overall in 05
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star
Rodgers went #2 overall in 03
R.Williams went #7 overall in 04
K.Jones went #30 overall in 04
M.Williams went #10 overall in 05
so he was. I sit corrected.
Old 04-20-2006   #6
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't be bothered googling Harrington at the moment, does he have a job at the moment??
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan
I can't be bothered googling Harrington at the moment, does he have a job at the moment??
He's with the Lions. Wants to be with the Fins, but the Broncos are offering more
Sponsored links
Old 04-20-2006   #8
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
He's with the Lions. Wants to be with the Fins, but the Broncos are offering more
Why on earth would he be looking to go to the Dolphins? They picked up Culpepper... who had at least one MVP-like season. So he wants to be a back-up? There is something wrong with that kid...

no wait.

I KNOW why he is wanting to go to the Dolphins... to get some of that "holistic" training from Ricky.

AH-ha spoke just in time.

Harrington to sign with the Dolphins
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12396845/

Last edited by TwinSisters; 04-20-2006 at 01:21 AM.
TwinSisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #9
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

That does seem weird.

I guess he might be hoping that Culpepper's knee isn't going to hold up.

I wonder what compensation they are going to get.

I don't see why Miami doesn't just hold out till the Lions cut him and get him for free. I can't see the market going crazy over him.

What are we thinking here a 7th rounder at best??
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #10
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

I heard that rumour has it Dante coukd possibly miss the whole of 2006 season. Could be a perfect situation for Joey.

http://fantasyfootball.rotoworld.com...rt=NFL&id=1227
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #11
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline
I heard that rumour has it Dante coukd possibly miss the whole of 2006 season. Could be a perfect situation for Joey.

http://fantasyfootball.rotoworld.com...rt=NFL&id=1227
Could be like the year the Chargers traded for Rivers and he held out. Brees came out of nowhere to have a big season. I doubt it, but stranger things have happened in the NFL (Gato last year for instance).
Old 04-20-2006   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan

I don't see why Miami doesn't just hold out till the Lions cut him and get him for free. I can't see the market going crazy over him.
As someone already mentioned, Denver is already offering more. & Dallas is pretty interested. If Joey is released, I bet JJ finds a way to make it happen. Joey looked pretty bad in Detroit, but considering...... 3 head coaches in 4 years. Wide Reciever Musical Chairs..... Roy's been a start, but not a superstar, 2 year average 50 catches, 750yrds. Charles Rodgers, three years, 15 games played, only 9 starting, 440 career yards. & Mike Williams... They've got him listed as playing 14 games, I think that was kinda high. Only 29 receptions all year.....

Joey is a fighter, and a plamaker. I'd love to have him on my team. I know it isn't popular opinion around here, the way Harrington & Carr's careers have intertwined. But I haven't given up on Joey yet.
Old 04-20-2006   #13
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss

Joey is a fighter, and a plamaker. I'd love to have him on my team. I know it isn't popular opinion around here, the way Harrington & Carr's careers have intertwined. But I haven't given up on Joey yet.
I going out on a limb here and say you live in Dallas?

Difference between Joey and Carr is Joey has critizied his team and team mates and has found every excuse and blamed everyone but him. He has even gone so far as to say he was "thrown" into the starting position. WHAT?! That is the first time I have ever heard of a player complaining about getting to play right away. What was expecting? Tea and crumpets? Someone there to hold his hand and cradle him telling him everything will be allright. He is such a Nancy boy.

Carr has never complained about his team mates. Not once during the 200+ times he wound up on his back or the defense blew yet another lead or when Bradford or Johnson drops wide open endzone tosses. Carr showed improvement every year except for last year. And honestly I think he quit on Capers and crew. I think after throwing out the play book on opening day with the resigning of Bradford, he had enough. If it did cost him his job in Houston he knew he couldl go somewhere else and be successfull and not continue to have his career ruined here in Houston. At least that is what it looked like to me.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #14
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
Tea and crumpets?
Mmmmm! Crumpets!
Old 04-20-2006   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
I going out on a limb here and say you live in Dallas?

Difference between Joey and Carr is Joey has critizied his team and team mates and has found every excuse and blamed everyone but him.

See what I mean.......
I hope Joey get's a chance to start for Miami...... But that won't mean much, because Miami is a better team than the Texans..... just like that rag tag of guys in Detroit was a much better team than the Texans.

I've never seen Joey curl up and wait on a sack. I've never seen Joey run out of bounds behind the L.O.S.

I much prefer Joey throwing the ball up, and letting his reciever make plays on the ball. Doing what they are getting paid to do. Instead of taking a sack.

Yeah, that might be an interception........ then again, that might be a touchdown.
Old 05-01-2006   #16
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Looks like the Browns were starting to shop for Harrington's services, but Joey put the brakes on the deal. The Lions were trying to get something for nothing!!
And since Miami didn't draft a QB, I suspect they are going to snag Harrington cheap... after he is cut!

http://www.mlive.com/lions/stories/i...840.xml&coll=1

That article is funny... no matter how much cussing you might want to do about Casserly, it could be worse. It could be SOOoo much worse.

Quote:
According to league sources, the Lions threatened to kick up a fuss over Harrington's "secret" deal with the Dolphins in the hopes of pressuring him into agreeing to a trade with the Browns.
Old 05-02-2006   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

I heard a report that Culpepper may be able to play by the preseason. if so, Miami has lost all interest in Joey Harrington.
Old 05-02-2006   #18
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

yeah ye ole rumour mill is something else uh?

One day it's he will be ready before training camp, the next it's he will not be ready for a whole nother season...and now he is going to be ready by preseason.

I bet there is at least 5 or 6 teams teams that think they can turn Harrington into a Drew Brees. Just to fatten him up for a trade.
Old 05-02-2006   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that Harrington does not have to end up the bust that he's been made out to be. What the guy needs more than anything is to go somewhere stable with good QB coaching and sit behind a starter for one season, possibly two. He needs to learn a system, get completely comfortable in it, and then get an opportunity to play in a few games to demonstrate that the problem in Detroit is Detroit, not Joey Harrington.

On the other hand I question whether he's smart enough to understand this. IF Culpepper is going to sit next year or even if he goes down and Harrington gets considerable playing time too soon then that could blow everything.

He'll get a third chance of course if it doesn't work out in Miami but nobody who looks at him will have as open a mind as anyone does right now. He busts in Detroit, well that's Detroit. They just hope he's not ruined after four years up there. If he then Busts in Miami he'll have a hard time getting back in the starters role with anyone not terribly desperate for help.
Old 05-03-2006   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I don't actually play fantasy football so I guess that's out. The Lions should have taken the 6 because that's all they're going to get. He's done there and everyone knows it.

I wouldn't say that being benched by the Lions is the kiss of death. I'd say being drafted by the Lions is the kiss of death. Being benched or even better released is an opportunity to try and resurrect your career which is something that won't happen to you if you stay there.

A lot of players who are busts in this league are simply in a lousy situation. Sure a bust is usually a bust but I don't see that in Harrington. What he needs is between the ears and if he'll just downshift and take some coaching it's correctable.

The real gist of my post was that if he goes somewhere, opens his mind, and starts over then he's got a chance. If he goes somewhere and jumps right into the starters role thinking he knows everything and the reason things didn't work out in Detroit was that it was Detroit well then he hasn't learned anything and he's going to be hanging out with Andre Ware and Chuck Long in no time.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read