Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-23-2004   #1
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08
Lightbulb Corey Bradford have any pre-season stats??

I don't recall any catches on the first game nor Saturday's game. Is this also part of the tactic on setting up a smoke screen for the opening game vs. Chargers???
Old 08-23-2004   #2
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

According to NFL.com Bradford is a ghost in the stat column. He hasn't had a reception, or anything else of note. I'm not so sure it's a smokscreen for San Diego, but he's been pretty invisible nonetheless. Corey's strength is the ability to make the big play, and I can't recall any big plays to speak of by the first team in either game. You could count the Bruener pass a big play, or perhaps the Gaffney TD reception. I'm sure he'll make some appearances in the regular season. I think San Diego will have a tough time matching up with our WRs with or without Bradford.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004   #3
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 14 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Early in the game Carr threw a pass to Bradford that was a foot or two long. Other than that, I don't recall Bradford even getting a pass thrown in his direction.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004   #4
SBTexans08
All Pro

In this past game with the Steelers in the end zone, correct??
Old 08-23-2004   #5
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 14 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

I was thinking of a play along the sideline.

I thought the end zone pass was to Gaffney.
Old 08-23-2004   #6
SBTexans08
All Pro

Don't remember too well. I thought the pass in the endzone that went overhead was to Bradford.......ah well...point is Corey has 0 in his stat colums.
Old 08-23-2004   #7
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTexans08
Don't remember too well. I thought the pass in the endzone that went overhead was to Bradford.......ah well...point is Corey has 0 in his stat colums.
I believe that was Bradford, but if I remember correctly it looked like he threw it over his head and out of the endzone intentionally due to coverage. Either a safety or a LB came down infront of Bradford, and the CB was over top.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-23-2004   #8
BornOrange
All Pro

Yeah, the endzone pass was definitely thrown away. Carr did a good job of not taking a sack down there and keeping alive the possibility of a 4th down attempt at a TD.

I didn't tape the game so I don't know for sure who was who.
Old 08-23-2004   #9
clandestin
Veteran

It was gaffney he overthru on a post route, and was Bradford who he tossed it over in the endzone.
clandestin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004   #10
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clandestin
It was gaffney he overthru on a post route, and was Bradford who he tossed it over in the endzone.
thats what I remember. . .

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004   #11
MIGHTYTEX
Veteran

For all I care, Corey can have 0 catches in the preseason as long as he get them when it counts.
MIGHTYTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004   #12
BornOrange
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by clandestin
Thanks. I guess I just assumed who the receiver was by the type of route.
Old 08-23-2004   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I feel alot of teams respect Bradford alot more than we think because of his big play ability. Could this be why on 3rd down, AJ had man coverage and it resulted in 4 passes for 58 yards? I don't know because I don't have game tape.

Has anyone noticed though, how Gaffney and Armstrong are really making some nice grabs. I haven't heard too many complaints in the Get Rid of Gaffney section lately.

I also believe Carr is making his check downs alot more.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004   #14
BornOrange
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Has anyone noticed though, how Gaffney and Armstrong are really making some nice grabs. I haven't heard too many complaints in the Get Rid of Gaffney section lately.

I also believe Carr is making his check downs alot more.
Are you trying to imply that people would actually be impatient with young players?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read