Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-18-2006   #1
Kookus
Rookie

Default Ok had to do a mock....

I couldn't stand it, had to do a mock, included 2 and 3rd round picks for Texans... (Denver trades up and New Orleans trades down)

1. Bush RB – Texans
2 Leinart QB – Jets (From New Orleans)
3. Young QB – Titans
4. M. Williams DE – New Orleans (From Jets)
5. AJ Hawk LB - Greenbay
6. Vernon Davis TE - Denver (From San Fransico)
7. Ferguson OT – Oakland
8. Ngata DT – Buffalo
9. Justice OT – Detroit
10. Cutler QB – Arizona
11. Huff CB – St. Louis
12. Bunkley DT – Browns
13.Williams CB - Ravens
14. Moss WR – Eagles
15. Jackson WR – San Fransico (From Denver)
16. McNeil OT – Miami
17. Sims LB - Minnesota
18. Scott OT – Dallas
19. Hill CB – San Diego
20. Hali DE – Kansas City
21. Williams RB - New England (Thanks for the correction, lol)
22. Maroney RB - San Fransico (From Denver)
23. Giles OG - Tampa Bay
24. Bing S - Cincinnati
25. Cromaritie CB - New York Giants
26. Youtaboy CB - Chicago
27. Pope TE – Carolina
28. Calhoun RB – Jacksonville
29. Ryans LB - New Orleans (From Jets)
30. White RB - Indianapolis
31. Lutui OG - Seattle
32. Mangold C – Pittsburg
33. Greenway LB – Texans
65. Griffin CB - Texans
66. Watkins S - Texans

Last edited by Kookus; 04-18-2006 at 10:23 PM.
Kookus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #2
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I like a lot of it, but there are some major reaches. I don't think Scott will go in the first round. But I do like the Jets/Saints trade and the Niners/Broncos trade.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #3
Kookus
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
I like a lot of it, but there are some major reaches. I don't think Scott will go in the first round. But I do like the Jets/Saints trade and the Niners/Broncos trade.
I agree, several reaches but was trying to fill those teams needs with BPA at the specific position, I also think that New Orleans might even shop the 4th pick to a team that really needs a DE and try to pick up more draft picks as they have tons of holes to fill and two young good DE's.
Old 04-18-2006   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

scott is a 3rd or 4th rounder now. no way in HELL does saban take mcneill in the first round. and i doubt any one will.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #5
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kookus
I couldn't stand it, had to do a mock, included 2 and 3rd round picks for Texans... (Denver trades up and New Orleans trades down)

1. Bush RB Texans
2 Leinart QB Jets (From New Orleans)
3. Young QB Titans
4. M. Williams DE New Orleans (From Jets)
5. AJ Hawk LB - Greenbay
7. Ferguson OT Oakland
8. Ngata DT Buffalo
9. Justice OT Detroit
10. Cutler QB Arizona
11. Huff CB St. Louis
12. Bunkley DT Browns
13.Williams CB - Ravens
14. Moss WR Eagles
15. Jackson WR San Fransico (From Denver)
16. McNeil OT Miami
17. Sims LB - Minnesota
18. Scott OT Dallas
19. Hill CB San Diego
20. Hali DE Kansas City
21. Hall RB - New England
23. Giles OG - Tampa Bay
24. Bing S - Cincinnati
27. Pope TE Carolina
28. Calhoun RB Jacksonville
31. Lutui OG - Seattle
32. Mangold C Pittsburg
33. Greenway LB Texans
65. Griffin CB - Texans
66. Watkins S - Texans
Man, these guys wont even go in the second rd.....
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

wow i didn't even see the andre hall pick. terrible.
Old 04-18-2006   #7
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Where is DeAngelo Williams??
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-18-2006   #8
Kookus
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna
wow i didn't even see the andre hall pick. terrible.
My Bad, I meant D'Angelo Williams for New England, I musta fat fingered it. Thanks for pointing it out so politely.
Old 04-18-2006   #9
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
scott is a 3rd or 4th rounder now. no way in HELL does saban take mcneill in the first round. and i doubt any one will.
I would bet he goes to tampa..just a hunch.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #10
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

I agree that Scott and Mcneil probably won't go in RD 1.

I like that you have Gilles going in RD 1.

The NY Giants are rumored to be targeting LB specifically at their pick.
Old 04-18-2006   #11
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Joseph Addai will be drafted over Brian Calhoun and where is Santonio Holmes?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #12
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
I would bet he goes to tampa..just a hunch.
it makes sense, but right now he's a 2nd rounder. they resigned kenyatta walker, so i expect them to stick with him for another year (no clue why). they need defense, too. OLB, DE, CB...
Old 04-18-2006   #13
Kookus
Rookie

Quote:
Joseph Addai will be drafted over Brian Calhoun and where is Santonio Holmes?
I thought hard about Holmes but couldn't make him fit anywhere in the first except maybe in New Orleans where they could use some weapons for Brees,

Addai could be a swap with Calhoun have them rated about the same. I could see Pittsburg taking him or Calhoun at 32 instead of Mangold, they need a running back.
Old 04-18-2006   #14
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

miami will take holmes over any other offensive player at #16.
Old 04-18-2006   #15
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
it makes sense, but right now he's a 2nd rounder. they resigned kenyatta walker, so i expect them to stick with him for another year (no clue why). they need defense, too. OLB, DE, CB...
You got it a little backwards...he wont be there for him at the 2nd round, and the sentiment in tampa is HATRED for kenyatta....They will still with ronde/brian kelly, and the front 7 over the o-line

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #16
Kookus
Rookie

Quote:
Chambers/Booker/McMichaels?
Old 04-18-2006   #17
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

what of them?
Old 04-18-2006   #18
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kookus

1. Bush RB – Texans
3. Young QB – Titans
4. M. Williams DE – New Orleans (From Jets)
5. AJ Hawk LB - Greenbay
7. Ferguson OT – Oakland I don't see the Raiders taking Ferguson, probably Huff, Cutler or Bunkley from those available.
8. Ngata DT – Buffalo
9. Justice OT – Detroit
10. Cutler QB – Arizona
11. Huff CB – St. Louis
12. Bunkley DT – Browns
13.Williams CB - Ravens Not sure I see this happening, their DBs are pretty stout and I don't see them taking one here unless Huff falls.
14. Moss WR – Eagles No way Moss is the 1st WR off the board, I doubt he makes the 1st round at all, much less this high.
15. Jackson WR – San Fransico (From Denver)
16. McNeil OT – Miami
17. Sims LB - Minnesota
18. Scott OT – Dallas No way he goes in the 1st round, especially this high.
19. Hill CB – San Diego
20. Hali DE – Kansas City
21. Williams RB - New England (Thanks for the correction, lol)
23. Giles OG - Tampa Bay I doubt he goes this high.
24. Bing S - Cincinnati I doubt he goes this high.
27. Pope TE – Carolina
28. Calhoun RB – Jacksonville No way he goes in the 1st round, doubtful in the 2nd round.
31. Lutui OG - Seattle I really doubt he goes in the 1st round either.
32. Mangold C – Pittsburg
33. Greenway LB – Texans I doubt he falls this far, and no way we take him over Johnathan Joseph (who shouldn't fall this far either).
65. Griffin CB - Texans
66. Watkins S - Texans Don't like him this high.
Inserted my comments in bold.

Quote:
I could see the Dolphins taking an OT, but Holmes/Jackson are both definitely options.

Quote:
I agree, while I think the Broncos and Jets will probably end up staying where they are currently at because they can get good players to fill needs there (Jets can get Cutler/Leinart/Mario at #4 and Mangold, whoever else at #29, Broncos can probably get Chad Jackson at #15 and Mathias Kiwanuka at #22), they are two teams that I think could trade up and with the trading partners that you have selected for them.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #19
whiskeyrbl

[quote=Kookus]I couldn't stand it, had to do a mock, included 2 and 3rd round picks for Texans... (Denver trades up and New Orleans trades down)

1. Bush RB – Texans
3. Young QB – Titans----- Think Tenn. surprises with M.Williams DE
4. M. Williams DE – New Orleans (From Jets) Takes D'Brick OT
5. AJ Hawk LB - Greenbay
6. Vernon Davis TE - Denver (From San Fransico) Think SF stays here and takes Davis

7. Ferguson OT – Oakland Young QB
8. Ngata DT – Buffalo
9. Justice OT – Detroit ---M. Huff DB help solidify sec. can play S or CB
10. Cutler QB – Arizona ---- J. Williams CB(pair with Antrel Rolle)
11. Huff CB – St. Louis ---- J.Cutler QB
12. Bunkley DT – Browns------ C.Greenway(Crennels D)
13.Williams CB - Ravens ------B.Bunkley DT
14. Moss WR – Eagles ----- L.White RB
15. Jackson WR – San Fransico (From Denver)DEN> D.Williams RB
16. McNeil OT – Miami -----T. Hill CB
17. Sims LB - Minnesota ----J.Joseph CB(Maybe a starter mid season)
18. Scott OT – Dallas ---- S.Holmes WR (BPA---Depth)
19. Hill CB – San Diego ----C.Jackson WR
20. Hali DE – Kansas City ----A. Youboty DB
21. Williams RB - New England (Thanks for the correction, lol)--L.Maroney RB
22. Maroney RB - San Fransico (From Denver) DEN>T. Hali( Need pass rush )
23. Giles OG - Tampa Bay --W. Justice OT (Fills big need)
24. Bing S - Cincinnati ---G.Watson DT (Fills need)
25. Cromaritie CB - New York Giants ---E.Sims LB (Have ? at LB)
26. Youtaboy CB - Chicago---L.Pope TE ( biggest needs TE and CB )
27. Pope TE – Carolina --- D. Ryans LB (fills loss of Witherspoon)
28. Calhoun RB – Jacksonville ----M. Lawson LB/DE
29. Ryans LB - New Orleans (From Jets) NO> N.Mangold C
30. White RB - Indianapolis -----M.Jean-Giles OG
31. Lutui OG - Seattle ----M. Kiwanaku DE
32. Mangold C – Pittsburg ---B.Carpenter LB( Value pick)
33. Greenway LB – Texans ---D'Quell Jackson LB or E. Winston OT
65. Griffin CB - Texans
66. Watkins S - Texans----Blue S (IMO) Watkins is ok here 2

This is the way I see it going

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read