Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-21-2004   #1
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Default Dump Palmer NOW!!!

He calls 2 running plays which don't work, so in 3rd and loooong (which anyone knows is a passing down)..he throws. I mean if he is no smarter than that maybe we need to let David call his own plays, you can't keep calling conservative football take some chances Palmer or let QB call his game we might lose but we sure won't lose games like we have trying to play it SAFE...he did that last week instead of going for end zone when we had ball on 6 he called running plays......I know I saw several times last season where Carr would come off field and talk on phone and then in frustration throw it down...
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #2
TexSon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVP

It's the PRESEASON.
TexSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #3
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexSon
It's the PRESEASON.
Excatly, there was no game plan for this game. Calm down...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #4
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

who cares its preseason. hes not trying to confuse anyone, he's evaluating players.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #5
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Yep, it's preseason but it looks as if some are already in mid-season form.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #6
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Ummm... maybe it's to see what Hollings and our O-line can do on a run play? Noticed there were no issues on the Dallas game. Welcome to preseason.

Dump i d i o t ic posts NOW!!!! (Gotta put the spaces in to get a point across.)
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn that was quick. Not even halftime of the second preseason game and someone is already calling for Palmers head. Anyone around here know if that was a record or not?
Old 08-21-2004   #8
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
No kidding dude! Remind me of the games last season when we go 3rd and out for 3 series in a row and in 9 plays we don't attemp a pass > than 10 yards.

Palmer bashing is also in mis season form also. Who can blame them though... we seen this thing happen so many times.
Actually it was the Palmer bashers I was referring to.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #9
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought this thread was someone being sarcastic.....wow.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #10
DR#1
Rookie

in my opinion i don't think it's Palmer, but i'm not seeing anything from Tony Hollings
DR#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #11
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR#1
in my opinion i don't think it's Palmer, but i'm not seeing anything from Tony Hollings
Have you seen how bad the offensive line has looked?!?!?!?!? They are opening no holes for Hollings to run through...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Old 08-21-2004   #12
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Dang... so THAT'S where our playbook ended up before it was found!!!
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Capers wanted consistency this week and I guess he got it. The team is consistently bad. It's no big deal at this point. The starters came in and were stuck in neutral the first couple of series. They seemed to be putting it together and getting on track just about the time they were done for the night.
Old 08-21-2004   #14
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy
At least our offence and defence are on the same page.Too
bad the steeler read that page also.
Yeah maybe the Steelers are reading Peek's playbook...

Old 08-21-2004   #15
DR#1
Rookie

yea i just hope we learn from our mistakes and don't make the same ones during the regular season cuz this score looks bad, but we are also away

DR#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #16
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Damn that was quick. Not even halftime of the second preseason game and someone is already calling for Palmers head. Anyone around here know if that was a record or not?
Sadly, it is not the record for this message board.
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #17
mulpwr
Rookie

I am sure he is a better offensive cordinator then he was a head coach.
mulpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #18
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

What? No love for Palmer? I say blame the waterboy. He didn't have that water & gatorade there fast enough for the players. How can they perform if they aren't properly hydrated? FIRE THE WATERBOY!!!!! :hehe:
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #19
mes311
Rookie

I didn't realize they had found that playbook.
mes311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Well, New England got the snot stomped out of them by the Bengals so we're in good company. For the record I'd like to say that IMO there are only two kinds of teams that dominate preseason games. One type is good plain and simple. They're so good and so deep that they're going to win more often than not whether it's preseason or the regular season. The other kind are your bad teams trying to build momentum. I'm not saying the Steelers fall into this catagory at all. If you take it that way you miss my point. I'm talking about the Texans here. The Texans aren't trying to win out in preseason. They're going about their business trying to work on their execution (didn't do very well tonight) and evaluate their players. They're looking at things and of course trying to win but the victory is secondary to the work and avoiding injury as much as possible. Patriots fans aren't coming unglued asking for the head of their offensive coordinator over a preseason game because they know it doesn't count and they know the teams coaches know it doesn't count.

Apparently at least one Texans fan does not know how to properly appreciate an NFL preseason game.

I like to see the Texans look good. I like to see them win. I'd rather see them work out the kinks in preseason and lose bad but squeak by someone two months from now than see them win all four of their preseason games but still stink it up in the regular season when everyone else starts trying.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read