Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-16-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default LB: From touted to doubted

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Quote:
It was the second day of Senior Bowl week and Oklahoma linebacker Clint Ingram was trying to rip the head off of Ohio State center Nick Mangold. Haymakers flew, jerseys were yanked, players screamed – and finally Chad Greenway stepped into the middle of the chaos.

"Whoa!" Greenway yelled, jamming himself between Mangold and Ingram, who were each still swinging wildly. "Get back!"

The fracas came to an abrupt halt and the players shuffled in opposite directions thanks to Greenway, who had stayed in the middle of it all. The situation has become all too familiar for the Iowa linebacker, who has been stuck in his own fight ever since.

Once projected to be a top-10 pick by NFL scouting departments, Greenway has been trapped in the middle of dueling perceptions about his ability over the last few months. On one side, he's viewed as an elite player whose attributes simply didn't test well. On the other, he's billed as a player whose measurables and skill had been highly overrated heading into the predraft process.
the link also shows the top LB's in the draft (which most of y'all probably already know)

Last edited by Wolf; 04-16-2006 at 02:39 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...dgreenway.html

Chad's bio on the link

tried to change the title to just LB (not MLB) but must have waited to long
Old 04-16-2006   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

http://www.draftboardinsider.com/position/OLB.html

here are some rankings from this website as of feb 3rd.. so I am not sure how accurate it is.
Old 04-16-2006   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like a great way to get more bang for our buck. This guy obviously has intangibles that don't translate into bench pressing and running sprints. He just plays football well.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006   #5
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
Sounds like a great way to get more bang for our buck. This guy obviously has intangibles that don't translate into bench pressing and running sprints. He just plays football well.
What do you think the chances of him falling to #33 are? I know he is considered a great prospect and should be a top 15 pick, but I hope he falls to us in the 2nd round.
Old 04-16-2006   #6
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I would cream my pants if Greenway fell to # 33 overall.
Old 04-16-2006   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1
What do you think the chances of him falling to #33 are? I know he is considered a great prospect and should be a top 15 pick, but I hope he falls to us in the 2nd round.
Probably very slim, but I didn't really think it through that far. :brickwall
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-16-2006   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker
I would cream my pants if Greenway fell to # 33 overall.
Ditto. Just can't believe he'll slide down that far. Big guy who can drop back and cover, i.e. a three down LB.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006   #9
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete
Ditto. Just can't believe he'll slide down that far. Big guy who can drop back and cover, i.e. a three down LB.

Which is why i'd cream my pants if he fell to us in the 2nd!!!
Old 04-16-2006   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i seriously doubt greenway falls that far. too many teams who could use a good linebacker like him in the 2nd half of the 1st round, and not many candidates to leapfrog him. i say minnesota takes him.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006   #11
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

Philly at pick 14 if they don't trade up for one of the top DT's.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read