Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-16-2006   #1
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Why not Vernon Davis?

For the Reggie Bush fans I hear how dangerous and how he creates mismatches.

well

Vernon Davis at TE ran a 4.37 at 252 pounds, TE is a weakness and he can block where Bush cannot.

Trade the pick, hope to get Ferguson, if not, steal Vernon Davis who creates mis matches because a LB cant cover him and he is still to fast for a Safety or to big.

6'3 252 and ran a 4.37, jeeeeezuz!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

he's not a great blocker. in fact, most of his success came when he was lined up at H-back or split out as a receiver. i don't think he'll be the huge phenom at TE right away like he's projected to be. it may take a year or two.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006   #3
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna
he's not a great blocker. in fact, most of his success came when he was lined up at H-back or split out as a receiver. i don't think he'll be the huge phenom at TE right away like he's projected to be. it may take a year or two.
But, I'll bet he'd be a huge phenom at WR opposite AJ.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006   #4
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie
...I'll bet he'd be a huge phenom at WR opposite AJ.
I'm guessing the huge phenom at WR opposite AJ will be Reggie Bush.
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006   #5
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad
Or Moulds or Mathis who we already have on our team...
Old 04-16-2006   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

didn't you guys just sign putzier?
Old 04-16-2006   #7
DynoMoxie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottoddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngtexanfan
or Moulds or Mathis who we already have on our team...
Ditto to that last quote!

Some Texans fans seem to think we don't have anyone of quality at runningback or wide receiver. Anyone watch ESPN's broadcast today about NFL head coaches saying, "You can make a mistake choosing certain positions for your football team and you'll lose a few games because of it... but if you make a mistake choosing a quarterback it'll cost you your JOB!" David Carr sent Dom Capers packing and should've sent Charlie Casserly packing as well. I wish some REAL LIFE football coaches would get on here and critique DC's play for the last 4 years. They'd paint the REAL picture for all you Carr fans. Dillusional attachments to inadequate players make for a very poor performing football team.
DynoMoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-16-2006   #8
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
wish some REAL LIFE football coaches would get on here and critique DC's play for the last 4 years. They'd paint the REAL picture for all you Carr fans.
Why do we need REAL football coach critique's, when we have YOU? I can't think of anyone else other than the handful of Carr bashers like yourself that are so observant of his supposed lack of talents. What I wish for is any of you guys to stand behind the offensive line we had, and see if you could find a receiver in 1.5 seconds. What would be even more fun is seeing if you could extricate yourselves from the hole you just got plowed into once you haven't LOL Now THAT I'd pay to see
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006   #9
bad
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynoMoxie

...I wish some REAL LIFE football coaches would get on here and critique DC's play for the last 4 years. They'd paint the REAL picture for all you Carr fans. Dillusional attachments to inadequate players make for a very poor performing football team.
It was my understanding that half a dozen REAL LIFE football coaches actually did get together with the Texans and did just that. Shortly thereafter Carr received a contract extension.

They must all be delusional.
Old 04-16-2006   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Imagine my surprise when I clicked on a Vernon Davis thread and it morphed into a David Carr bashing.

I did not see that coming.

P.S. Isn't Gary Kubiak considered a "real" football coach?

P.P.S. Vernon Davis finishes 2nd in the 2006 ROY voting.
Old 04-16-2006   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

i was under the impression that texans' fans loved carr.
Old 04-16-2006   #12
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Funny how this turns into a hate Carr post. GET THE EFF OVER IT!

On the NFL Network they showed Vernon Davis blocking and he did a good job. Much better than Bush who has no clue how to pick up a block.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

i'll agree with that. bush is a horrible passblocker. so is white. i guess they don't stress it at USC.
Old 04-16-2006   #14
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:

I wish some REAL LIFE football coaches would get on here and critique DC's play for the last 4 years. They'd paint the REAL picture for all you Carr fans.
Yeah! There's all kinds of real life football coaches we could be getting our info from. Guys like oh ... Mike Sherman or Dan Reeves. Or maybe we could hear from some recent NFL offensive coordinators for teams with strong offenses like ... hmm, maybe a Gary Kubiak?
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006   #15
bad
Veteran

A bit of perspective.

Quote:
The only certainty about the draft is that nothing is certain -- and nothing is guaranteed. The Lions, with a top-10 pick for the fifth straight year, are proof that the draft is not a cure-all for losing. They have a 21-59 record in the last five seasons.

Gary Kubiak, the Texans' first-year coach, has a new vantage point on the draft after 11 years as an assistant and offensive coordinator in Denver. The Broncos were perennial playoff contenders and didn't have high picks.
"I've never studied this corps of players," Kubiak said at the recent league meetings in Orlando, Fla. "We were never in position to draft this type of player coming out."

Kubiak learned one thing: don't tip your hand.
"I don't know if you put out misinformation or anything," he said. "You really just try to keep your mouth shut and just keep studying and keep preparing. "Things change so much to me with the draft. They really change day to day, week to week."
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...0101/604160307
Old 04-16-2006   #16
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Some Texans fans seem to think we don't have anyone of quality at runningback or wide receiver. Anyone watch ESPN's broadcast today about NFL head coaches saying, "You can make a mistake choosing certain positions for your football team and you'll lose a few games because of it... but if you make a mistake choosing a quarterback it'll cost you your JOB!" David Carr sent Dom Capers packing and should've sent Charlie Casserly packing as well. I wish some REAL LIFE football coaches would get on here and critique DC's play for the last 4 years. They'd paint the REAL picture for all you Carr fans. Dillusional attachments to inadequate players make for a very poor performing football team.
Next time you quote me & change what I said, how about highlighting the part you changed, or leaving the correct posters name in the quotes brackets.

The Texan Bull Rush
Old 04-16-2006   #17
bad
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie
Next time you quote me & change what I said, how about highlighting the part you changed, or leaving the correct posters name in the quotes brackets.
LOL I just noticed that. I'm sure it was an innocent keyboarding error.
Old 04-16-2006   #18
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad
LOL I just noticed that. I'm sure it was an innocent keyboarding error.
No, he had to copy & paste to get it that way. Or, he just keyed it in that way.

The Texan Bull Rush
Old 04-16-2006   #19
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle
Funny how this turns into a hate Carr post. GET THE EFF OVER IT!

On the NFL Network they showed Vernon Davis blocking and he did a good job. Much better than Bush who has no clue how to pick up a block.
Should a speed RB be a better blocker than a TE? Vernon Davis is not a very polished blocker yet, he definitely has the strength and athleticism to be a good blocker but has not developed into a great one yet. Anyways, why would you want Bush or Vernon Davis sitting back blocking with their speed and talent?
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006   #20
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

i like davis alot-reggie and vernon are the outstanding offensive players in this draft- he's going to be as good as gates imo...but bush will get more touches so he's more valuable
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read