Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-06-2004   #1
geka
Veteran

Default robinson is # 23

some others to dont see Babin

geka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #2
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Babin is 93, they are up on the Roster part of the homepage
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #3
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

just one quick question...what do ya'll think of the revolution helments? the new ones that the facemask sticks out so far...i think they're ugly as hell...but babin seems to like them?...a few of the players on the tech team used them this past season and we had several problems with them...we had a couple break on us
Old 05-07-2004   #4
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default dont like

i don't like those helmets either. They look like a hockey goalie mask or something. Actually, go back to the old leather helmets.....Now that's football!
Old 05-07-2004   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

My question is how do you get a picture of these guys #s on a table like that?

Okay, I just saw it on the pictures of the rookies reporting for camp. Man you guys are fast.

Last edited by El Tejano; 05-07-2004 at 08:20 AM.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
My question is how do you get a picture of these guys #s on a table like that?
Try browsing houstontexans.com feature story (for now)

The link is on the bottom of the main mb page.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #7
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

I sort of like the helmets. I thought these were made to lower the number of concussions not break during games...LOL
Old 05-07-2004   #8
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
just one quick question...what do ya'll think of the revolution helments? the new ones that the facemask sticks out so far...i think they're ugly as hell...but babin seems to like them?...a few of the players on the tech team used them this past season and we had several problems with them...we had a couple break on us
My biggest problem with them is their price. Would like my athletes to have the best protection available, but can't afford to get them. (2 to 3 times more expensive than the standard Riddell helmet.)
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #9
SBTexans08
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man
My biggest problem with them is their price. Would like my athletes to have the best protection available, but can't afford to get them. (2 to 3 times more expensive than the standard Riddell helmet.)
I think they are just 2 times the price...

I'm also glad to see Robinson will be #23!
Old 05-07-2004   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Why are you glad Robinson is #23?
Old 05-07-2004   #11
wiley2002
Veteran

Because it beats #26.
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Ah! I see. I wonder if us Texan fans are going to put a curse on that jersey. Let's not though. A Texan jersey is always a blessing even if it has the dishonor of honing a bad player for a year or so.
Old 05-07-2004   #13
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

they are really expensive and they are supposed to lower concusion rates but what we saw was that a hard enough hit on the ear hole...which we all know happens eventually...the extended cheek piece has the potential to break...none of our players were hurt when this happened but it's the weakest part of the helment...most of the players that started the season with the revolution helments were back to the riddell helments by the end of the season...recievers on the other hand loved them...mainly because they are so much lighter than the riddells and it's easier to turn your head in them
Old 05-07-2004   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiley2002
Because it beats #26.
I got you on this one Wiley.
Old 05-07-2004   #15
SBTexans08
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankhead
What is so good about 23? I could see you getting giddy over 69 but....

I put the banana for no reason...just for kicks.

About me liking 23 for Robinson...well, just because that is his number. Anderson had the number before, I think, and well since my hopes are that Robinson will stay in Houston for a while and contribute greatly it nice to see him get his number back.
Old 05-07-2004   #16
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DoCt3rJ

He needs to talk to J.Well to get his #32.
DoCt3rJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #17
SBTexans08
All Pro

DoCt3rJ...oh snaps...your right!

I don't know why i was thinking it was 23...it is 32. My bad LOL
Old 05-07-2004   #18
done88
Veteran

looks like that picture is of the db's that is why babin is not there.
Old 05-07-2004   #19
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoCt3rJ
He needs to talk to J.Well to get his #32.
If he waits until right before the 1st game to change numbers, he might not have to get Wells permission to wear #32.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #20
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
If he waits until right before the 1st game to change numbers, he might not have to get Wells permission to wear #32.
I think you maybe be right. Wells might be looking for a job at the end of training camp.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read