Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-14-2006   #1
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan
Default Under The Radar Project OT's

Alot of under the radar OT's are former TE's including Eric Winston and others. Alot of these guys are mobile and fit the Texans zone blocking system. We could get one with our 6th, 7th round picks. I have not seen any of these guys play, but am curious if anyone is alumni or something and have seen them. Some are former TE's and other positions.

Joe Toledo Washington Height: 6-5 1/2 | Weight: 337 | 40-Time: 5.11

Paul McQuistan Weber St. 6-6 1/8 312 5.07

Guy Whimper East Carolina 6-4 3/4 304 4.95

Michael Toudouze T.C.U 6-5 3/4 303 5.10

Jeromey Clary Kansas St. 6-6 1/8 309 4.88

Jimmy Martin Virginia Tech 6-5 303 5.14

Willie Hall Middle Tenn. St. 6-5 3/8 300 5.31

Seppo Evwaraye Nebraska 6-4 3/4 319 5.03

stats from NFLDraftCountdown.com
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006   #2
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Looks like a good list, but nobody knows their work ethic so they might act like Jerome Mathis....JK

Yo we were the worst team in the league last year, so I could see us taking a chance on one of these guys, and as far as I know we dont have a 7th round choice.... or am I wrong.
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006   #3
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

We got a late comp. pick.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006   #4
Apoch
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalTexan
Alot of under the radar OT's are former TE's including Eric Winston and others. Alot of these guys are mobile and fit the Texans zone blocking system. We could get one with our 6th, 7th round picks. I have not seen any of these guys play, but am curious if anyone is alumni or something and have seen them. Some are former TE's and other positions.

Good list...

I would add Brando Twito - Pittsburg State to that list. From what info I can garner he is a 280lb TE with a 4.8 40 and a lot of athleticism.
Apoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006   #5
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalTexan

Guy Whimper would be my top choice among these guys, although I haven't really seen anything on Evwaraye or Hall.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006   #6
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a crazy thread! There are about 6 posters on this board who have patience with a project left tackle.

If we get another one and the guy isn't Orlando Pace during his learning curve year, he'll be a bust, a turnstyle, and worse.

However, I understand most players look good pre-draft from scouting reports. It's the NFL competition that opens most fans' eyes.

Last edited by Runner; 04-14-2006 at 05:04 PM.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read