Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-14-2006   #1
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Default Mlb?

I know everyone is talking about Cowart being the starting MLB, but what about Rainer? I mean post injury Cowart is probably on the same level as Rainer. The only thing that I can see that seperates them is that Cowart has more starting experince and maybe knows the game better since he make a probowl before he messed up his knee.
Old 04-14-2006   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet we go MLB with either #33 or one of our 3rd round picks. I'm like D'Qwell jackson with #33 personally
Old 04-14-2006   #3
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

If we don't take an OT with our 2nd, I am going to be disappointed.
Old 04-14-2006   #4
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

I like D'Qwell Jackson at #33 too.

Maybe Terry Pierce steps up for us as well.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006   #5
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
I know everyone is talking about Cowart being the starting MLB, but what about Rainer? I mean post injury Cowart is probably on the same level as Rainer. The only thing that I can see that seperates them is that Cowart has more starting experince and maybe knows the game better since he make a probowl before he messed up his knee.
You forgot one big factor in Cowart's favor. He is a Defensive QB in that he has been the play caller in the defensive huddle. He is a Wong in that regard. He's highly thought of as a leader. With Wong out he will probably be his replacement at least until Wong is able to play. He and Wong both played for the Vikings.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006   #6
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

I think that we should take Winston Justice at #33
But I wouldnt mind at all if we took a LB in round 3 or 4
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006   #7
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominickDavisFan76
I think that we should take Winston Justice at #33
But I wouldnt mind at all if we took a LB in round 3 or 4
Winston Justice will be gone in the top 15 picks. If you mean Eric Winston, I doubt he makes it out of the mid 20s but he has a higher probability of falling to us at #33 and I would definitely take him there.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-14-2006   #8
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Ya my bad, but umm I think we could pick up a S or a LB with our 3rd or 4th pick, even though we have like 20 LB
Old 04-14-2006   #9
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Eric Winston if available as Mangold will also probably be gone. But I am pushing Max Jean Giles OT Georgia 6'4" 341 with a mean streak. Projected by those "in the know" as a guard, so he could backup 4 positions. I like to see a corner and mlb in third with best player avail @ 6th (power back?) and 7th. FYI John Harris has Eric Winston going to Colts @30 so he is a possible @ 33.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006   #10
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

Max Jean Giles does not fit the zone blocking scheme. Look for athletic mobile guys that are under 300 pounds. Colledge, Winston, the other miami OT, etc...
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
Winston Justice will be gone in the top 15 picks. If you mean Eric Winston, I doubt he makes it out of the mid 20s but he has a higher probability of falling to us at #33 and I would definitely take him there.
Oh please let it happen like that, Eric Winston @ #33 would awesome.
Old 04-14-2006   #12
dwilt72
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalTexan
Max Jean Giles does not fit the zone blocking scheme. Look for athletic mobile guys that are under 300 pounds. Colledge, Winston, the other miami OT, etc...
I think Max Jean-Gilles is a bit of a road grader and not what we need in the zone blocking scheme. If you look at Denver's offensive line, they have been smaller more agile guys. I agree that Colledge and Winston would be better fits.
dwilt72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006   #13
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Yo I think that if we cant take Winston. Colledge out of Boise State will be there for us to pick up later in the day.
Old 04-14-2006   #14
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this is entirely possible:
Reggie Bush
D'Qwell Jackson
Cedrick Griffin
Darryn Colledge

that gives us impact, mlb, db, ol
Old 04-14-2006   #15
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Reggie Bush
D'Qwell Jackson
Cedrick Griffin
Darryn Colledge

I would cream my pants if it went down like this!!!
Old 04-14-2006   #16
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy
Eric Winston if available as Mangold will also probably be gone. But I am pushing Max Jean Giles OT Georgia 6'4" 341 with a mean streak. Projected by those "in the know" as a guard, so he could backup 4 positions. I like to see a corner and mlb in third with best player avail @ 6th (power back?) and 7th. FYI John Harris has Eric Winston going to Colts @30 so he is a possible @ 33.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalTexan
OLinemen don't necessarily have to be under 300 lbs., they just have to have great mobility, which Jean-Gilles clearly does not. I think if he lost a ton of weight (was 355 lbs. at Senior Bowl and Combine, not sure if he's gone up or down since) and weighed more like 315 lbs. he could maybe be quick enough to be a zone blocker because he is a good athlete, he is just carrying way too much weight right now. I agree that Colledge and Winston are probably the best fits for zone blocking among OTs, Chris Chester, Nick Mangold, and Davin Joseph are all nice fits on the interior OL, but I'm not sure if any of those five players will last until the 3rd round, Colledge and Chester are the most likely to last that far, Winston and Mangold will almost for sure be gone in the 1st, Joseph probably in the early-mid 2nd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Reggie Bush
D'Qwell Jackson
Cedrick Griffin
Darryn Colledge

I really don't see them taking a LB in the 2nd round, we need younger talent in there but with Cowart and Wong we are ok for now. I could see us using one of our 3rds or our 4th on one (Rocky McIntosh, Leon Williams, Gerris Wilkinson, Terna Nande, or maybe Abdul Hodge somewhere in there). I think the 2nd round will be OLineman or CB depending on who is available.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006   #17
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

We have so many linebackers, and good ones, too, that I do not think we will take a linebacker in the draft. Right now, our weakest link is the defensive secondary. That's why I think we will pull a cornerback or safety with the #33 pick. Linebacker, IMO, is out of the question.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006   #18
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilt72
I think Max Jean-Gilles is a bit of a road grader and not what we need in the zone blocking scheme. If you look at Denver's offensive line, they have been smaller more agile guys. I agree that Colledge and Winston would be better fits.
George Foster is Denver's RT and he weighs 340. He's also from the U(GA).
Old 04-14-2006   #19
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

What good linebackers do we have? Cowart is a stop gap player, Wong is average and injured, and Morlon Greenwood is nothing special.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006   #20
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Shantee Orr is my favorite Texan lb

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read